Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just installed my referral wheels!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Referral wheels installed today.

wheels2 copy.png wheels1 copy.png IMG_0887 copy.png

Reactions: spurs10 and Muskol

Congrats! They look fantastic. And kudos to you getting the mobile installation. I'd love for the same, that way I wouldn't have to try and figure out transporting my old wheels back home (I ordered tire totes recently from Amazon, as Tesla doesn't seem to sell them anymore, but as a non-essential item it won't be delivered for a couple weeks yet, and my Zero G wheels are due to go on this week).

This are great looking wheels. Very premium look to them. But, they make the brakes look that much more disappointing. Those wheels deserve big rotors and calipers that fill up the center of the wheel. Right now it's hard to see the wheels with the baby brakes screaming, "look how tiny I am!"

Let's see what they look like on top of the PUP brakes (I'm due to have mine installed on Thursday; we'll see if they can source all the parts in time) :D

Congrats! They look fantastic. And kudos to you getting the mobile installation. I'd love for the same, that way I wouldn't have to try and figure out transporting my old wheels back home (I ordered tire totes recently from Amazon, as Tesla doesn't seem to sell them anymore, but as a non-essential item it won't be delivered for a couple weeks yet, and my Zero G wheels are due to go on this week).

I used totes, but you can always take 4 large glad trash bags with you. All 4 wheels will fit in the Model 3 with the back seats folded down.

I used totes, but you can always take 4 large glad trash bags with you. All 4 wheels will fit in the Model 3 with the back seats folded down.
I transported a mounted set of 18"s with a moving blanket and the seats folded down. I had to adjust a little to get both rear doors to close, so larger wheels might require a little more finesse.

Let's see what they look like on top of the PUP brakes (I'm due to have mine installed on Thursday; we'll see if they can source all the parts in time) :D

Here ya go :)

IMG_20200421_101811 (1).jpg IMG_20200421_102643 (1).jpg

I'd love for the same, that way I wouldn't have to try and figure out transporting my old wheels back home

Tesla will even give you wheels and bag/load them in the car for you if you do regular service center.

Reactions: adhoc and ryanjm
excuse me if I’ve missed this,
are these essentially same weight
as PUP OEM 20” w/michelin PS4’s?

It appears they are roughly the same weight as the OEM 20" but they are slightly wider. They originally were supposed to be forged but Tesla dropped that wording a few months ago so they almost certainly are not actually forged.

See the main thread for more info/history: Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

Last edited:
Reactions: adhoc
Having a hard time deciding if I should keep the referrals vs the standard grey OEM performance 20"s. Any thoughts one way or the other why either is better? What about curb rash? Does one have a wider lip that would make it more prone to rash?