Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered an S85, now waiting...but why is the turn signal stalk mounted so low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you could set up a Driver Profile with the seat all the way back and steering wheel up high as Chipper suggested, but because you can't instruct the car -- via the iPhone app -- to go to a Profile in advance of getting in the car that doesn't seem like a solution. It seems awkward to me to try to reach the touchscreen before sitting down, but apparently caddieo has no difficulty doing that.

Yes you could set up a Driver Profile with the seat all the way back and steering wheel up high as Chipper suggested, but because you can't instruct the car -- via the iPhone app -- to go to a Profile in advance of getting in the car that doesn't seem like a solution. It seems awkward to me to try to reach the touchscreen before sitting down, but apparently caddieo has no difficulty doing that.

I guess it would really come down to remembering to switch to that profile as you leave the car. Of course that's still a manual step but if you got yourself (and other frequent drivers) in the habit it could be a viable workaround until they add the functionality.

Totally agree. You should definitely email [email protected] if you want them to take it into consideration. :)

You don't have to try and reach in to activate before getting in, since you would have used it getting out previously...I have a profile called "exit".

Minor inconvenience to have to select that profile every time I get out, and then select my regular one after getting back in.

One thing I WAS worried about was hitting the Park button or moving the Gear stalk while under way. On my last car, that is exactly where the wiper stalk was, and you pushed the end of it to activate the washers. I was worried "muscle memory" might cause an accident, but so far, so good.

No need to worry, nothing bad happens when you accidently touch the gear stalk. In my last car - replaced by the Model S two weeks ago - I had the right indicator stalk in that position, so sometimes when I change lanes I accidently push down the gear stalk. The only thing happening is that you go to N and the car will slowly lose speed. It's easy to go back to D while driving. I haven't pushed the gear stalk upwards yet, but I am assuming it will also go to N then (and not go to R, because the speed is too high).