Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

K-MTG (Captain Sunshade) - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what to tell you, maybe try another wifi somewhere else. But if it was working and then you made changes to your router and it stopped working, I'd be reverting changes and trying again. Can you setup another router just for the tesla, maybe a spare.

Actually it works intermittently, if I turn on/off wifi it will for like 4-5 hours and afterwards it will stop loading. Very strange! Should I just try a random port to forward?

Before you mess with your settings, why not just try on another wifi network. do you have a portable hotspot capability on your smartphone? Just so you can rule out a problem with the car's wifi.

Okay, it worked on hotspot with my iPhone and it seems to work when I bypass my garage airport express and connect it to the extreme upstairs. Hopefully the functionality will last

So the Tesla app only seems to operate when the tesla is connected to my main wifi router and the app doesn't load when the Tesla is connected to one of my access points. I forwarded the port 1194 but no success, I will try messing with some of the IPv6 settings on the access point I think that is the culprit. Would appreciate any additional information

So the Tesla app only seems to operate when the tesla is connected to my main wifi router and the app doesn't load when the Tesla is connected to one of my access points. I forwarded the port 1194 but no success, I will try messing with some of the IPv6 settings on the access point I think that is the culprit. Would appreciate any additional information
Do you have you AIrport Express hard wired with Ethernet or is it setup as a wireless extender?

Hard wired with Ethernet, it only seems
to want to work with my main router. I have another extreme that I used to test but that didn't work so that shows it is not my express that is bad or incompatible it is just that the tesla is very picky
It's a network config thing, not a Tesla being "picky" thing. Is your auxiliary access point set up on a routed network or as a bridged network? That is, does it have a different subnet from the main router? Main router might be 192.168.1.0/24 and auxiliary might be 192.168.2.0/24 or similar. If so, I'd try bridging them so they're both on 192.168.1.0/24.

I also have another question about the accessory hitch, I ordered the accessory hitch and got the tow hitch like many others. Can I use my 4 bike rack that weighs roughly 50 pounds with the tow hitch I previously got for my MDX
While I can't help you figure out the wifi network stuff (but am very interested in hearing what you figure out for a solution), I can tell you that, yes, you can use the tow package receiver for any hitch mounted rack accessories you see fit. If your rack is meant for a 1.25" receiver you will need an adapter to make it fit the 2" receiver. They are easily found on Amazon.

Cheers!

It's a network config thing, not a Tesla being "picky" thing. Is your auxiliary access point set up on a routed network or as a bridged network? That is, does it have a different subnet from the main router? Main router might be 192.168.1.0/24 and auxiliary might be 192.168.2.0/24 or similar. If so, I'd try bridging them so they're both on 192.168.1.0/24.

The express is on bridge mode, the DCHP is handled by the main router.

FIGURED IT OUT (I think I did)
So after taking the day off yesterday and spending hours trying to troubleshoot I found my solution!!!!!!

It was an IPv6 issue, so on the main router (Airport Extreme) you got to Configure IPv6 "Automatically" and select "Native" for the IPv6 Mode and check "Enable IPv6 Connection Sharing".

On the access point you got to select "Link-local only" under Configure IPv6.

• Informative
Reactions: jason1466
FIGURED IT OUT (I think I did)
So after taking the day off yesterday and spending hours trying to troubleshoot I found my solution!!!!!!

It was an IPv6 issue, so on the main router (Airport Extreme) you got to Configure IPv6 "Automatically" and select "Native" for the IPv6 Mode and check "Enable IPv6 Connection Sharing".

On the access point you got to select "Link-local only" under Configure IPv6.

I generally have IPv6 disabled, due to that very reason.