TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Key Fob Cover (aka FobPocket) - How To Order

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by pete8314, Jul 17, 2013.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Anyone that knows me will understand how true that comment is! Hmmmm....chocolate.....(we need a drooling emoticon)

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

While some might like the white chocolate ones, I'm curious what the white etchings on the black chocolate ones are made of. Frosting?

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

If you create a mold, I'm sure we can find someone to make them. Model S chocolates would go fast.

4. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

Those look great! I would get one to match the color of my car.

5. CantaMia Ron

CantaMia Ron Member

I saw it at a meeting and I must have this.

6. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

They're coming....the labor day holiday is delaying the shipment a little, but they're still due on September 4 or 5. I really should not have let the stock run out, but a combination of unexpected demand, supply chain 'challenges' and day-job priorities all had an impact. Things are a lot better now though, so we should be good going forward.

7. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Pete, Just got an email alert that the new fob covers are in. Thanks

8. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Yup, just finished packing up the orders from today. I'll update this thread in the next day or so with more details, I still have a few more photos to add to the website as well.

9. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

OK, I've updated the first post with new information. I have a few admin tasks to catch up on, including following up with anyone that PM'd or emailed me while I was out of stock - if I've not get back to you by the end of today, please send me a reminder.

Other than that, thank you, everyone, for your support and feedback. And to my Norwegian customer, I'm aware of the large duty fee you have to pay if the declared value is more than $27. Typically most orders come in below that, otherwise I'll tend to split the order.

10. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Would there be any interest in a flag variant of the FobPockets? Something like this:

Deluxe White FobPocket with brushed on Norway flag_350px.jpg Deluxe White FobPocket with brushed on USA flag_350px.jpg

11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats. The Roadster has a regular old-fashioned key so this wouldn't work for that.

12. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Pete,

Love the American flag fob! I would order it to replace my black/red ones.
    Keep me posted.

13. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Cool! Just ordered a Deluxe Black one. Thanks!

Side Note: I'd like to request a "Camo" version if that's possible. Might not be possible on Neoprene, but if you decide to do one in silicone you can do it for sure. I have that now on a silicone cover and everyone asks me where I got it. :)

14. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

Just got mine, they are really nice - but I still got some time to kill before I put a fob in them...

Thanks Rob!

15. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

Noted....it is possible in neoprene, will add it to the maybe list :), I'll be working on the next color options this weekend. Would like to pursue the silicone option, but tooling costs are high, and I'm not sure there's sufficient interest.

16. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I think the silicone would be very popular once people saw it. It hugs the thing like a skin and if you drop your key, it literally bounces. It's really good protection and it doesn't add any bulk to the FOB. Not sure how easy it would be to attach a ring or carabiner, but I don't carry a Key Ring (just my one car key) so I don't really need that option anyway. Also not sure how easy it would be to add graphics... It would be very cool if you could though. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah me too. My Tesla won't be here for a month. :D

17. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Tye Dye for the people who were around in the 60s

18. Vip

Vip Member

I ordered the Black Deluxe a couple of weeks ago. Got it before I got the car. I really like them. Since I don't carry any other keys I attach the carabiner to my belt loop and I'm good to go and will never forget it anywhere. I ordered two but had to give one to my son as he liked it so much that he wanted to keep something that had Tesla on it. He also wore it on his belt loop to school! Tried to find a Model S hot wheel that he could put in it but could only find a roadster.
    I would recommend this product.

19. GLACIER

GLACIER Roadster #334

I just saw these in person today and they look great! I'd say it's a must have for every Model S owner! ;)

20. snipje

snipje Member

We received our fobpockets yesterday and they are great!
    They have a good quality feel to them. Can't wait to put the actual keyfob in!

It only took 8 days for delivery (way faster than the 6 months of waiting for the model S to be delivered).
    Having the fobpocket makes the last 2 months of waiting a bit more bearable :smile:

Thanks Pete