Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob Cover (aka FobPocket) - How To Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess technically I'm on v3 of the classic design, v1 was more or less dimensionally the same as the Case-Logic design, v2 conformed more to the shape of the Model S key, and v3 just has some very minor refinements is response to some of the feedback, most notably the opening is fractionally smaller, and a little further down the FobPocket.

The Deluxe FobPockets are all new, but obviously inspired by the original design. There's other projects in the pipeline, here's another sneak peak, and no, they're not chocolates, although the idea has crossed my mind!

View attachment 29361

Those look great! I would get one to match the color of my car.

I saw it at a meeting and I must have this.

They're coming....the labor day holiday is delaying the shipment a little, but they're still due on September 4 or 5. I really should not have let the stock run out, but a combination of unexpected demand, supply chain 'challenges' and day-job priorities all had an impact. Things are a lot better now though, so we should be good going forward.

They're coming....the labor day holiday is delaying the shipment a little, but they're still due on September 4 or 5. I really should not have let the stock run out, but a combination of unexpected demand, supply chain 'challenges' and day-job priorities all had an impact. Things are a lot better now though, so we should be good going forward.

Pete, Just got an email alert that the new fob covers are in. Thanks

OK, I've updated the first post with new information. I have a few admin tasks to catch up on, including following up with anyone that PM'd or emailed me while I was out of stock - if I've not get back to you by the end of today, please send me a reminder.

Other than that, thank you, everyone, for your support and feedback. And to my Norwegian customer, I'm aware of the large duty fee you have to pay if the declared value is more than $27. Typically most orders come in below that, otherwise I'll tend to split the order.

Would there be any interest in a flag variant of the FobPockets? Something like this:

Deluxe White FobPocket with brushed on Norway flag_350px.jpg
Deluxe White FobPocket with brushed on USA flag_350px.jpg

Cool! Just ordered a Deluxe Black one. Thanks!

Side Note: I'd like to request a "Camo" version if that's possible. Might not be possible on Neoprene, but if you decide to do one in silicone you can do it for sure. I have that now on a silicone cover and everyone asks me where I got it. :)

Cool! Just ordered a Deluxe Black one. Thanks!

Side Note: I'd like to request a "Camo" version if that's possible. Might not be possible on Neoprene, but if you decide to do one in silicone you can do it for sure. I have that now on a silicone cover and everyone asks me where I got it. :)

Noted....it is possible in neoprene, will add it to the maybe list :), I'll be working on the next color options this weekend. Would like to pursue the silicone option, but tooling costs are high, and I'm not sure there's sufficient interest.

Noted....it is possible in neoprene, will add it to the maybe list :), I'll be working on the next color options this weekend. Would like to pursue the silicone option, but tooling costs are high, and I'm not sure there's sufficient interest.
I think the silicone would be very popular once people saw it. It hugs the thing like a skin and if you drop your key, it literally bounces. It's really good protection and it doesn't add any bulk to the FOB. Not sure how easy it would be to attach a ring or carabiner, but I don't carry a Key Ring (just my one car key) so I don't really need that option anyway. Also not sure how easy it would be to add graphics... It would be very cool if you could though. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just got mine, they are really nice - but I still got some time to kill before I put a fob in them...

Thanks Rob!

Yeah me too. My Tesla won't be here for a month. :D

I ordered the Black Deluxe a couple of weeks ago. Got it before I got the car. I really like them. Since I don't carry any other keys I attach the carabiner to my belt loop and I'm good to go and will never forget it anywhere. I ordered two but had to give one to my son as he liked it so much that he wanted to keep something that had Tesla on it. He also wore it on his belt loop to school! Tried to find a Model S hot wheel that he could put in it but could only find a roadster.
I would recommend this product.

(Updated September 6) Now that the stock has been replenished, I've updated this post with simpler instructions on how to order.

There's now two versions of the FobPocket, the Classic, and Deluxe.

The Classics come in Grey, Black and Red, and can be ordered here. They are the same design I've had since I moved to a more sculpted fit that matched the Model S key, unlike the Case Logic design. Based on feedback, the dimensions have been tweaked very slightly, and the hole has been moved down a couple of mm. This provides a very snug, and secure fit, and is ideal if you want a low-profile way of protecting your key, and do not need to remove it very often.

The Deluxe editions come in Sig Red, White, Black and Blue, and can be ordered here. These feature a trim around the edge of the FobPocket, and a carabiner key hook. These are not quite as compact as the Classic edition, but the edging makes for a tidier look and provides additional protection. I've been using a white one for about a month, and it's still perfectly white*.

Other Info:

• I still need to add a few more photos to the website, please bear with me, you'd be surprised how much effort it takes to get 'accurate' photos on a website
  • First-class shipping to US locations is still free, and if you spend more than $45, then there's a free upgrade to Priority Mail. For all other locations, shipping is at cost, it's not my goal to make any profit from shipping
  • If you have any questions, please PM me, or from the email address on the 'About Us' page.
  • I send out an occasional newsletter with updates, if you'd like to subscribe, here's the link. You can view the most recent, and previous newsletter here.

Thanks again, Pete

* I'm kind of a neat-freak though, and don't let the sticky-fingered kids anywhere near it.

View attachment 29976View attachment 29977

I just saw these in person today and they look great! I'd say it's a must have for every Model S owner! ;)

We received our fobpockets yesterday and they are great!
They have a good quality feel to them. Can't wait to put the actual keyfob in!

It only took 8 days for delivery (way faster than the 6 months of waiting for the model S to be delivered).
Having the fobpocket makes the last 2 months of waiting a bit more bearable :smile:

Thanks Pete