Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keyed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it though? I had a BMW full stripped and resprayed a few years back for a little over 3k.

I mean, its costing me about 2.5 for front end PPF and ceramic, i'd be lying if I hadn't thought about just letting the car get tatty and then getting it resprayed in a year or 2.

Only way to know is to get a quote of course. There’s no point doing it unless you are going to get the very best job available otherwise you’re back to square one.

How much would it roughly cost for a full strip of the clear coat and base coat followed by a full respray with some decent paint.

Would it need to be completely stripped, though? Provided there is no sign of the base coat delaminating, perhaps a surface preparation (ie sanding) would be sufficient.

And if the colour was kept the same, no need to paint internal panels etc (and no need to inform insurer.....)

C'mon.. ya might as well tell them every time you wax it - that might even be performance enhancing in the wet!
Good point! I'm calling them in the morning to let them know I'm removing the salt with a hose.
More seriously though, respecting your car a different colour (I.e. not oem paint) is likely to be the sort of mod they like to know about. They get upset with stickers...

Autoglass Bodyworks came through with a decent quote in the end. £634 and a reputable company so have gone with that. The main challenge is finding somewhere for them to do the work as they typically work on your drive - which doesn’t help us London flat dwellers! Will report back once the work is done on Saturday.

Reactions: Godsense and LEE3
Good job done by Autoglass today. I need to take a proper look at it in the daylight but first signs are that you would never tell the panels had been resprayed. Quite the setup they bring on-site, a mobile body shop in a huge tent.

One side effect is that my Model 3 has been debadged. Autoglass want to come back to give it a final polish and have offered to refit a badge if I get one, but I’m half tempted to leave it.

Attachments

• 1EBFE1A5-5C28-4455-9D25-6E045ED08253.jpeg
    1EBFE1A5-5C28-4455-9D25-6E045ED08253.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 2EF12A38-C10F-4714-AF32-1B09F8512B8F.jpeg
    2EF12A38-C10F-4714-AF32-1B09F8512B8F.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 45