Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lady hits my car and drives away. Tesla cam FAIL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friday March 13th I was parked at Superstore Dufferin and Steeles in the GTA, when a lady in a black Honda CRV got in her car was on the phone and left her door open and the wind caught it and dented and scratched my door to the metal. She then proceeds to drive off. My side camera got everything except it changes files a second or two before her plate number. When I got to the parking spot and turned to pull in my front cam seems to get hit by the sun and her plate is totally unreadable.
I know its a long shot but I am posting a link to the footage in case anyone recognizes her.
Thanks

That sucks. But to be fair it's not like she was being super careless...the wind just did what it does. If it was me and she did the right thing and left her info, I probably wouldn't blame her....but of course she didn't so a little harder to feel sympathy.

That sucks. But to be fair it's not like she was being super careless...the wind just did what it does. If it was me and she did the right thing and left her info, I probably wouldn't blame her....but of course she didn't so a little harder to feel sympathy.

I agree. I am not trying to be vindictive . I am just trying to find her, If I had her plate number I would never post this. But she simply drove off and left me with the bill for the damage.

the truly paranoid takes a picture of the the two cars sandwiching your tesla with both license plates in view before leaving your car and going into the store. OR park at the very end corner of parking lot away from every other car like they had Corona Virus door dinging potential. Oh and every intelligent and careful person is aware of wind an holds on to their door. just another air head on the phone.

I’m assuming she was already in the spot when you parked, otherwise, there would have been a Sentry event of her pulling in.

Check your dashcam footage to see if you got the license plate as you were pulling into the parking spot. Even if you don’t save it, there are still videos saved in a folder for a period of time.

I’m assuming she was already in the spot when you parked, otherwise, there would have been a Sentry event of her pulling in.

Check your dashcam footage to see if you got the license plate as you were pulling into the parking spot. Even if you don’t save it, there are still videos saved in a folder for a period of time.
I was hoping for that too but when I got to the parking spot and turned to pull in my front cam seems to get hit by the sun and her plate is totally unreadable.

If anyone in the GTA area can help out a not too socially active senior by posting on face book or twitter hoping the more views it gets someone would recognize her that would be appreciated.
pic lady 2.jpg
pic lady 7.jpg

Attachments

• pic lady 2.jpg
    pic lady 2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 58
More importantly, it would really help if Tesla's Sentry Mode would properly buffer the frames so none are lost while writing the different video segments to disk.[/QUOTE]
Or if was just a few seconds It still would of gotten her plate, but in the next video her car was gone.