Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US sig, Eberhard? The Europe ones are not happening till early 2013, right?

Delivery of the European Sigs is planned for January or February 2013, I was told last week when I reserved one (and all 500 cars delivered within a few weeks time; see if that holds up). So if you include building and shipping time I guess European Sig-reservation holders will have to lock in this fall.

I'd imagine they have some cut off number too. Someone who just ordered a 85 kWh performance version wouldn't jump ahead of P1,000 who wants a 65 kWh car but someone closer to 1,000 for example getting the performance my jump ahead. I hope the jumps in order aren't too big so people stay roughly in order.

Batch manufacturing is common sense, and if it was your company wouldn't you prioritize the products with the highest retail price?

No, I would think long-term and try my best to have happy customers (cars manufactured "in order" as much as practical). That said, I would also be trying to maximize my income through the sale of ZEV credits, and the larger battery packs generate more credits (this presumes that the value of the credits drops over time). This income would be maximized by only making 300 mile cars until that market is saturated, then moving to the 230, etc.

Did anyone receive an email today?

Ironically I was checking my spam folder this morning and got excited when I started reading the subject of this gem:

"Are you ready to become immense for girls?"

I was expecting "...build your Model S" to be the latter part :(

Anywho, I'm suspecting either today or next week for me, though I'm OK with next week so I can see the 4 sigs on Thursday and be ready to make a decision.

My guess is that we're all waiting to see which res holders get the email for the June 22 deliveries. The highest number will obviously tell us something about how many Model Ss are being built in June. I gotta think that Tesla will be building at least one S for test drives at each of the stores.