Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That dog won't hunt.

Also, there are probably some who will defer but not outright cancel and some who will neither defer nor cancel, but linger.

Given recent postings on the Tesla bulletin board, might wait a couple weeks to see what is unveiled.
So? What elements of the WAG do you dispute?

As far as deferrals, they actually strengthen the WAG, as those people "slip" further and further back once they pass the 30 day window. Some will "linger" past your due date, and hence advance all that were behind them.

Yay! I just got the email from Tesla letting me know that my order is on it's way to the Factory. Start the timeline for the longest 4 month wait.

Glad to hear that you got the email, but I can't help being a little bummed out, as my number was 8,661 when I was still on the list. Damn fiscal responsibility. Oh well, the Volt is holding me over until Gen III. Hope you car arrives early :)

Just ordered our second S. This time:

40kw
Dolphin Gray (toss up between Green and Dolphin Gray)
Black Roof
19" Standard wheels (though I'll be on the lookout for someone selling silver 21's)
Tan Leather
Matte Obeche
Tech package
Air Suspension
Paint Armor

Delivery Estimate "Early 2013" which in Tesla-speak must be sometime in Spring 2013.

As far as deferrals, they actually strengthen the WAG, as those people "slip" further and further back once they pass the 30 day window. Some will "linger" past your due date, and hence advance all that were behind them.

I have R#459, and have deferred since I need to sell my Roadster before taking delivery of my S. Not enough garage space for both, and not leaving either one out in the rain.

You're welcome. :)

Delivery Estimate "Early 2013" which in Tesla-speak must be sometime in Spring 2013.
In a binary world, there's "early" and "late." So "Early 2013" could mean anything before July 1! :scared:

I wonder if you're going to be the first two-Model S household? (I know that @michiganmodels will have 3 MSs in his extended family, but not under one roof.)

hi new here reservation 13278. got email today about price rise (not unexpected) but was surprised to see expect email to finalize before end of january. i thought that process occured 4 months before delivery. was expecting 8 month delay from Nov 1st till delivery. was this a form e mail, did all reservations get this or is it really moving up? if moving up are there a lot of cancellations or production going faster than anticipated? any clues?

hi new here reservation 13278. got email today about price rise (not unexpected) but was surprised to see expect email to finalize before end of january. i thought that process occured 4 months before delivery. was expecting 8 month delay from Nov 1st till delivery. was this a form e mail, did all reservations get this or is it really moving up? if moving up are there a lot of cancellations or production going faster than anticipated? any clues?

Yes, got the same email here too. My res is P13157. If this holds true, very exciting news!

i got that email today too. P10,340.

when i made my reservation this past July, i was expecting June/July 2013 delivery. but a month ago i stopped in the DC Tesla store and the girl there predicted March/April for delivery.

this means I will definitely get my car in May. :)