Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all. got my email today. configged a grey performance, with sunroof, tech, sound, black interior, perf wheels. now to battle it out with my accountant!

i'm P708 btw, they quote a november delivery on my page.

getting excited.

That's exciting! Congrats on a pretty killer combo! I'm thinking that we're going to see a couple thousand November deliveries.

Yeah, what Nigel said. I was #SS162, but I essentially deferred--I am now later in line (I assume close to #1000). GG, sigs didn't get a 6-month deferral; we only got until they stopped taking sig orders. Too bad, as I would have like to have waited until after the Supercharger announcement, which keeps moving later.

The October date was both verbal and on the MVPA. The web site isn't updated yet (it's still asking me to finalize my order).

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity: what kind of information would you have liked to learn from the supercharger announcement event? All signatures are capable of supercharging, so I rule out cost of option here. We don't know of any other features the car has wrt supercharging, e.g. see supercharger status on touch screen, reserve spot & time. What were you looking for?

what kind of information would you have liked to learn from the supercharger announcement event?

Nothing about the car. I want to know where the Superchargers will be placed...and WHEN they will be placed there.

If I get my car in October, can I use the Superchargers to drive from Seattle to my November board meeting in San Francisco? Or do I have to keep using L2 for the next 3 years while they build the network? I take trips to the North, West and East as well...will there ever be Superchargers in those directions, or will I only be able to use them to go South from here?

There are already 70A HPCs to the North, East and South of me. If it will take years to get a Supercharger to the South, and they will never be placed in the other directions, I'd rather just keep the Roadster.

I wouldn't count on superchargers between Seattle and SanFran by November. Perhaps by Nov. 2013, but not this Nov. So if that's your criteria, then you're better off downgrading to GP and waiting.

Definately look at this as long term..esp. out here in the middle of nowwhere land. I can see that if one was depending upon the SuperCharger network as the S as their sole vehicle and plans for frequent longer trips that that information would be more urgent for decision making.

FYI, I am P732 got my notification yesterday at 10:30. I went in to configure today, still a little bit torn on a number of options. I picked the 230 mile battery and the grey leather interior. I couldn't finalize as it said those options weren't available yet and that I would be contacted again in September.

FYI, I am P732 got my notification yesterday at 10:30. I went in to configure today, still a little bit torn on a number of options. I picked the 230 mile battery and the grey leather interior. I couldn't finalize as it said those options weren't available yet and that I would be contacted again in September.

I don't see why they don't just take your order now, seeing as how the late Sigs and R's are being told November, and the 60kWh battery is supposed to enter production in November. One of those statements must not be correct, and I'm hoping it's the former (meaning the Sigs and R's get their cars before Nov).

I don't see why they don't just take your order now, seeing as how the late Sigs and R's are being told November, and the 60kWh battery is supposed to enter production in November. One of those statements must not be correct, and I'm hoping it's the former (meaning the Sigs and R's get their cars before Nov).

I assume and R, or the lowest Ps, can get the 60 kWh battery pack -- they'll be at the front of the queue to get it once Tesla starts producing it. The website has always said November for the 60 and December for the 45, so presumably fairly soon after they finish the Sigs in late October they'll start producing cars with the 60 kWh battery pack, which presumably would go to the lowest Rs who might request it. Remember, when many Rs made their reservations, they had no idea about range, what would be produced first etc.