Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im really hoping i have a chance to see/drive again before i have to lock in (i know i have a few thousand yet, but they seem to be accelerating the pace).

I really want a chance to sit in and drive one with the pano roof before deciding. I know everyone has said its not an issue, but i (and the wife) need to see for ourselves the lack of light coming in.

Id also love to hear officially about the 60kwh battery and what that means for supercharging. That seems like a critical piece of information once we get into the non signatures.

Trying really hard to contain my excitement. I'm 2359. So based on the numbers I'll get my email next week, just shy of 2 years since I reserved. Already told the in laws we'll probably be staying home for Xmas this year. Looks like this could be the best Christmas ever!

Kudos and gratz on the Sig upgrade. I'm confused by the bold part though. Did you think you might get a Model S Signature upgrade opportunity in 2013? I thought the probably of that was the constant zero (0).

I had called in mid-May asking about the possibility for getting a Signature model. They told me they were sold out but suggested I order a production car, pay my $5000, then call and ask them to note on my order that I really only wanted a Signature. When I asked about the possibilities of getting one this year (remember the web site said they were sold out at the time) I believe the response was that there wasn't much of a chance and that something like mid-2013 was more likely. Maybe I was misreading the rep's comments, but he knew I only wanted a Signature and he was definately not encouraging about me getting one any time soon. Or perhaps he just wanted me to keep my order in.

Brianman, when you say the probability of that is zero, does that mean that no more Signatures are going to be produced? Ever? If that's the case, they are going to be pretty rare cars.

I had called in mid-May asking about the possibility for getting a Signature model. They told me they were sold out but suggested I order a production car, pay my $5000, then call and ask them to note on my order that I really only wanted a Signature. When I asked about the possibilities of getting one this year (remember the web site said they were sold out at the time) I believe the response was that there wasn't much of a chance and that something like mid-2013 was more likely. Maybe I was misreading the rep's comments, but he knew I only wanted a Signature and he was definately not encouraging about me getting one any time soon. Or perhaps he just wanted me to keep my order in.

Brianman, when you say the probability of that is zero, does that mean that no more Signatures are going to be produced? Ever? If that's the case, they are going to be pretty rare cars.

Right, there will never be more than the first 1000 Signature cars.

Your rep was saying that you could go on the waiting list for the Signature Series, if one of the current Sig reservation holders decides they don't want it after all, and you were next in line on the waiting list, they would offer the spot to you. Sigs are the first 1000 cars, so you would effectively jump the line all the way to getting your car in September or so.

P1577 and got my "Time to Build" email today (obviously).

Still waffling between these two configurations:

-Standard 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black leather, Matte Obeche(?), 19", Air suspension, tech pkg, sound studio, pano
-Performance, Dolphin Gray, Black leather, Carbon fiber w/ spoiler, 21" Performance, tech pkg, sound studio, pano (and of course air suspension).

Brown will be awesome. Rich, sophisticated, and unique. Good choice.
What about the rest of your configuration?

Thanks.. Yes, we definitely discussed the uniqueness of the brown, and that's what topped it for us.

Let's see - interior will be tan leather. We are still debating lacewood or obeche (probably matte). My wife says flip a coin.. I just can't leave a final decision like that on such a big purchase. So we just need to find a way to make that decision -- soon.

Will do a 60kWh battery, 19" wheels, pano, tech pkg, air susp, sound upgrade, paint armor, and seats for the youngons.

Has anyone who has been notified to configure, already locked in or received their car asked and been told what the annual service charge will be? There has been a lot of speculation based on the $600 per year Roadster fee but is there anything definite yet for Model S? Are people just locking in without knowing how much it will cost to service each year?

Thanks.. Yes, we definitely discussed the uniqueness of the brown, and that's what topped it for us.

Let's see - interior will be tan leather. We are still debating lacewood or obeche (probably matte). My wife says flip a coin.. I just can't leave a final decision like that on such a big purchase. So we just need to find a way to make that decision -- soon.

Will do a 60kWh battery, 19" wheels, pano, tech pkg, air susp, sound upgrade, paint armor, and seats for the youngons.

Nice set up, it's going to be an awesome car. Go for the Obeche. ;)

Has anyone actually deferred at this point? If so, what options were given in terms of how long they could defer?

The way it was explained to me was that after 30 days you're on a day for day slip until you finalize. I didn't ask about any specific end date, but I surmised that they would be happy to hold on to your $5000 for as long as you're willing to let them. And, it was nice that you didn't need anything special to get into the queue - just finalize your order and sign the papers.

I was shocked to receive my configure email yesterday and really was thinking I would have more time to do another test drive, see a few of the interior options in person and make an informed decision about the sound system.
I believe you can delay your order confirmation for a month without affecting the delivery date. Then, per above, day-for-day slip/delay.

Last edited:
I heard this from the store directly as well, that 85kwh is the current focus which I guess overlaps with the fact that the Performance Sigs are being built first?

By the way, in "My Tesla" for my car it says:

The Tesla Factory is building your Model S Signature Performance

Does that mean the car is imminently ready to be released?
Yep, it takes a day or so to build, so you should have it by a week ago. Or SLT... :biggrin:

Well, maybe. We have 1,000 US Sigs, 146 Canadian Sigs (currently), 439 R vehicles, and 37 (?) Founders. That leaves ~3,378 P-series cars to make up the 5,000 target deliveries. If 15% of early P reservations have dropped, deferred, or are delayed into 2013 because of selected options, that would take us to P4000.
It has been confirmed that the SSLs are a separate additional # sequence outside the S and P numbers. So add 250 or so to your count.