Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does she like new shoes ? If the answer is yes here some suggestions (German Subforum) :

Germany - Page 7

If she allows you to get away with the 'but the frunk is really a shoe closet' argument, then either she already wanted that configuration and/or she loves you very much and thinks it's cute that you're trying to make it into something really for her.

Ftr, I've always appreciated the 'but I really WANT it' argument. Just make sure to look endearing.

Got my email this morning. P4676.

I wonder what the real P-count is now, that is: minus the people who have dropped out over the last two years or who are dropping out now that it's decision time (upgrading, deferring, no longer interested, personal or financial circumstances changed). Maybe 3000 or 3500? I guess it won't be until P5000 has locked in before all 5000 orders for 2012 are filled (3800 P's plus 1200 North American Sigs).

Last edited:
I started clicking through the finalize process, and the web site says if I order by 9/26 that I'll have the car in November/December. (That's with 60kWh battery pack. Not sure if that makes a difference in their estimate.) I guess that means I'll be within the first 5000 deliveries.

I wonder what the real P-count is now, that is: minus the people who have dropped out over the last two years or who are dropping out now that it's decision time (upgrading, deferring, no longer interested, personal or financial circumstances changed). Maybe 3000 or 3500? I guess it won't be until P5000 has locked in before all 5000 orders for 2012 are filled (3800 P's plus 1200 North American Sigs).
that would be wonderful for me! as i am P5069. Really hopin for a nice bow wrapped Model S arriving at my door for Christmas.
All i want for christmas is....

that would be wonderful for me! as i am P5069. Really hopin for a nice bow wrapped Model S arriving at my door for Christmas.
All i want for christmas is....
To some extent, it'd be sort of depressing if Tesla shipped 5000 cars and P5000+ got their car this year because that'd mean a large percentage of lost reservations. Or a large percentage of folks getting 40kwh and/or standard suspension I suppose.

To some extent, it'd be sort of depressing if Tesla shipped 5000 cars and P5000+ got their car this year because that'd mean a large percentage of lost reservations. Or a large percentage of folks getting 40kwh and/or standard suspension I suppose.

lots of people who like the Red! ( or the stock isn't where they wanted to sell it for the car yet)

....and the ramp up is smooooth as the S

The "finalize" button just appeared on my account for P4909, although I haven't received the email from Tesla yet. If I can confirm delivery by year-end to lock in the federal tax credit I will place the order this week, otherwise I may defer delivery until March 2013 to give Tesla more time to perfect the car based on additional customer feedback.

Either way, I'm planning to order the 85 kWh non-performance in black with black leather, glossy obeche trim, tech package, air suspension and parcel shelf. Figured I'd forego the pano roof (won't have many tall passengers in the rear seat) and premium sound to help offset the cost of upgrading to the largest battery.

Well, if Tesla ships 5000 cars in 2012 and P5000 gets his car, that means that about 1200 P's (the amount of NA Sigs) will not get their car in 2012. 1200 of 5000 P's is about 25%, which is really not bad at all when you consider there's probably about 20% of the people opting for the 40 kWh option anyways. Start to include those wanting the Sunset Red or standard suspension and you're easily at 25%. So I'd guess that it would take getting in the P6000's or even P7000 before we reach 5000 deliveries in 2012 (to account for previous cancellations and just general deferrals; in addition to those wanting options not available in 2012).

We should find out today, if they post the receipt of their email!

I should also note that my Finalize shows an estimated delivery date of Nov/Dec, provided the order is completed by 9/27...for MSP with Green/Tan as well as for MSP Grey/Grey, both fully loaded but with 19" wheels. I may wait close to a month to complete the configuration, as I have never seen Green in person, and will I be out in SFO at the end of September, perhaps giving me a chance to see it with my own eyes.

I should also note that my Finalize shows an estimated delivery date of Nov/Dec, provided the order is completed by 9/27...I may wait close to a month to complete the configuration, as I have never seen Green in person, and will I be out in SFO at the end of September, perhaps giving me a chance to see it with my own eyes.

Don't forget that if you slip into 2013 you'll change your tax year for the Federal Tax Credit.

Also received my "it's time" email yesterday.

Unfortunately I did not yet find a (place with a) wider parking spot, my current one has a pillar intruding a bit and so is only 86". Both home and even more the rental markets in SF are currently a tiny fraction of what they used to be, compared to even a year ago. Also my investments are not yet at the point where I was hoping they would be by now, so that's another factor. Plus I'm also waiting for the Supercharger announcement, to see when they will be where I would use them, as I definitely would like to be able to make long trips, and would have it as my only car. For now I'll be deferring, in the most extreme case I'll end up with a Gen3 Signature, which will be smaller, as will be the next-gen Roadster. In any case, the $5k stay with Tesla.

Got my "it's time" email :D any recommendations for best method to finalize: via phone or Scottsdale Tesla store? We still have a few questions and would like to work with someone knowledgeable. We did a test drive last month and the Tesla store had just opened. It didn't seem like the staff there knew much more than was on the web site, but it was a crazy weekend there. What to do? :)