Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats. What's the "pace" of finalization notices. Trying to get a sense for P16302...

Yesterday, based on the posts here & the TM forum, they let in (at least) 325 US/Cdn reservations for finalizations. The highest number post yesterday was 12893. The highest number posted prior (other than an outlier that may have been a troll or TM had legit reasons to push for that customer to fish or cut bait) was 12568.

As of now, 13306 is the highest number reportedly allowed to finalize. That's 413 since yesterday.

So assuming they're (mostly) monotonically increasing, and only allowing new finalizations 5 days a week, you'll be up at the end of next week! And I'll be right there behind you!

Of course, they may slow down if lots of people actually do finalize, so that they don't put delivery dates too far out. I'm hoping this allowed-to-finalize rate separates the wheat from the chaff, helping those of us that will actually buy!

I also think it makes good fiscal sense for Tesla to force pre-price-increase reservation holders to lock in ASAP.

Help having trouble figuring out sound system. I am not audiophile. Not interested in difference that need size by side simultaneous playing to hear. Don't need satellite radio either. Is basic system iPhone compatible? Does regular system sound like normal Toyota radio sound? How happy are those without the upgrade option

Help having trouble figuring out sound system. I am not audiophile. Not interested in difference that need size by side simultaneous playing to hear. Don't need satellite radio either. Is basic system iPhone compatible? Does regular system sound like normal Toyota radio sound? How happy are those without the upgrade option

The GetAmped car's sound was far better than the Toyota's JBL system. I would expect that the standard system would also be better than then standard Toyota system (which is pretty bad IMHO). I'm getting the sound package because the Model S is a car where you might actually notice the difference.

P13,306 and got my finalize notice!! I already submitted it, with delivery date of Feb/March. 85kWh Perf, Black, Pano, 19", Tan Interior, Obeche Wood, Tech, Sound Studio, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers + HPWC ;)

@yobigdo--we both finalized at the same time with the same car/color options. The only difference is that you have the 19 inch wheels. You say you got the performance option which comes with 21 inch wheels as standard. Did you swap these out for the 19 inch wheels?

Awesome news. Just got my delivery window. For those waiting out there, take solace in the fact that I think Tesla has now figured out how to under-promise and over-deliver. Here's my timeline.

Place deposit for 9,372 on 6/8/12.
Receive config email on 12/3/12. Finalize within 3 hours.
Countersign on 12/4/12.
Today, 1/9/13 I received my delivery window of 1/20/13 - 2/3/13 and VIN: 3452

Hang tight everyone. Your time will come very soon.

The GetAmped car's sound was far better than the Toyota's JBL system. I would expect that the standard system would also be better than then standard Toyota system (which is pretty bad IMHO). I'm getting the sound package because the Model S is a car where you might actually notice the difference.
Thanks. Didn't think of it till you mentioned it but quiet enough to probably notice

I have a Roadster, so my Model S reservation is R#459. I asked Tesla to defer delivery for personal reasons entirely unrelated to the car, so I was in limbo as far as delivery dates were concerned.

Because of the price increase, I received my "Invitation to Configure" today. I have until February 6 to configure and finalize if I wish to keep the 2012 pricing.

Overall, I wish I'd had a little more time before having to finalize -- after all, the longer I defer the more people who get to skip ahead of me in line, so it would seem like everyone wins -- but I understand Tesla's reasons for doing it the way they are, and overall I am EXTREMELY happy with the way Tesla has treated me at all times. No complaints here.

For those who track configurations, I'll be getting a black Performance with everything on it. Not sure about the interior color yet.

@yobigdo--we both finalized at the same time with the same car/color options. The only difference is that you have the 19 inch wheels. You say you got the performance option which comes with 21 inch wheels as standard. Did you swap these out for the 19 inch wheels?

Yeah I swapped them out and put 19s on. Can't drive low profiles here in NJ where the weather sucks a lot and roads are not maintained whatsoever. There are potholes all over the place, even on main roads.

Also those low profiles will basically turn to wood in freezing temps and I wasn't about to risk spinning out a $100k car just for the sake of saying 'hey cool, look I have 21" wheels'. Plus this is not an AWD vehicle. 19s will do just fine. I also didn't feel like spending time trying to save a couple bucks by doing a tire swap with anyone.

There was another thread on here that analyzed the true cost to own the 21's vs 19's and it concluded that the 19's will last 50% longer than the 21's, and that the 21's would cost incredibly more to maintain/replace over the years. Other threads asking these questions have received an overwhelming majority of responses like:
- 'SUMMER TIRES ARE ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND VERY DANGEROUS TO DRIVE ON.'
- 'irresponsible to drive in freezing conditions.'
- 'very dangerous in any snow'
- '
are like ice skates in the cold'
- ' type of compound used for the tire [low profile tire] makes it stickier, (and have a shorter lifespan)'
- '[21s] should at least last 15,000 miles which would be nice'
- '
Tesla service charged me $425 with tax to replace one [21" tire].'

that last one - lol, WTF? seriously? how'd you like to pay $2000 every 6 months for new tires. no thank you!

Combine that with the fact that Tesla has written all over the place that their 21" high-performance summer tires reduce the battery range and basically likely to get damaged on bad surfaces and are not covered under warranty.

Them's the reasons I got the 19's. :)

Edit:
I should also note that I've always put Michelin tires on all the cars I've owned. (can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but probably the ones rated highest for all/rainy weather), and they've always seemed to last between 30-50k miles for me. Getting low profiles that require replacement every 15k, let alone 21's are way more expensive than 19's, basically reverses all the savings you get for never having to buy gas again.

Last edited:
I got my finalize notice today around noon. Took me about 5 minutes to reply. The paperwork came back from Tesla within 2 hours. Signed that and we're off to the races. Estimated delivery window of Feb-Mar. I can't believe they are still estimating deliveries in that time frame. They must be building a bunch of cars all of a sudden. I went with a Silver non-performance, 19" wheels, pan roof, Tech Package, Black Leather, Gloss Obeche, Studio Sound, Air Suspension and Parcel Shelf. I plan to pick it up at the factory and make a field trip out of it. Never done anything like this before and may never do it again.

What type of time frame is it now until the VIN number is available?

How long before the car is ready for pickup does Tesla give a more precise completion date? Your best guesses would be appreciated

I've got my electrical in order. I can squeeze 35-38 amps @ 237 v out of my 60 year old garage. They're not the super numbers but I think I'll be in pretty good shape overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, forgot to mention the most important thing. I am # 13,396.