Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch event will be LEGENDARY, are Tesla events better than Apple's ?

Overall, who does the best launch events:

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting exciting, you just know there will be some surprises in store for (nearly) everyone. I just re-watched the Model S D and Autopilot launch event video...

... so much new tech jammed into such a short delivery ! Such a dramatic contrast to the Apple event this week that was a whole lot of very nice Earth-positive and privacy stuff which is 100% great, but only contained a few new tech related announcements.

Other than the promised prototype rides for select few journalists, what else might be in store ?

I wonder if they will have some produced "bits" for this one, to stretch it out a bit... it will be a front-page-news event around the world.

Reactions: forumman83
No contest really. Apple does one thing right (and only one thing) and that's marketing. Their hardware is over-priced, and lacks the most basic of features from their competitors, but they know how to sell them.

Apple launch events start on time, and you can buy the actual product almost immediately afterwards, and it will have the features they talk about, and they'll work.
Tesla launch events start late, very late, and reveal a product that you can't have in your hands/garage for a long time, and often doesn't even do what they promise it will.

I think Tesla will have learned from the Model X reveal. My money says they're saving lots of surprises for 3/31 and many more for later.

Not just the reveal, but the product itself.

Sure, once it came to market, it was to rave reviews, but man....they took an absolute beating getting to the point where it was finally being delivered.

I think the Model 3 will be a massive departure from the Model X in many ways.

I wouldn't expect too much. The biggest surprise has already been spoiled for a very long time -- the price. It won't be possible to cram much else in at that price point. Maybe they will give us some nifty battery factory details.

Apple wins this hands down. I am absolutely blown away that a multi-million dollar corporation can have product releases that have less organization and tech than a high school science fair. I love Tesla, but they desperately need a new events coordinator.

No contest really. Apple does one thing right (and only one thing) and that's marketing. Their hardware is over-priced, and lacks the most basic of features from their competitors, but they know how to sell them.

Apple launch events start on time, and you can buy the actual product almost immediately afterwards, and it will have the features they talk about, and they'll work.
Tesla launch events start late, very late, and reveal a product that you can't have in your hands/garage for a long time, and often doesn't even do what they promise it will.

LOL almost read like you were scolding Tesla lol.. Well they will get better over time and hopefully this is one of those times!

I'm hoping Tesla does learn from the last event. There are often comparisons to Apple. And there is that little competition they have (who got whose employees this week?) . All I know is I'll be pretty excited for this reveal, just like the last one.

Apple presentation might be better, but they need to use big words and colourful videos because their products are same rehashed marginally upgraded stuff. They use their presentation to compensate for lack of innovation. Tesla knocks every one out in the area of innovation. Tesla's products are its best presentation. They sell their products on word of mouth. They spend money on R&D instead of marketing.

I was going to let this thread disappear, but now that it's back, having watched the iPhone SE/iPad Pro event this week, while also choosing to rewatch the Model X and "D" reveal events, there's really no contest. Apple's presentations are a focus-grouped, microanalyzed art form. Tesla just puts Elon and a car on stage and let's him say words.

Sure, Tesla maybe makes more impressive products these days, and reveals more significant upgrades, but to compare the two or even say Tesla presentations are better, is ridiculous. No one on that Apple stage has ever said "um" once. Elon, for all his strengths, leaves a lot to be desired in his presentations.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lex
The goals and the style are completely different. Tesla does unveilings of the prototype and the production model well before for they finalized them and in general doesn't really put a lot of polish into it.

Apple does unveilings only when the product is completely finalized and ready to sell, and their presentations are meticulously designed/polished (in order to maximize impact even for what may in general be less significant features).

I was going to let this thread disappear, but now that it's back, having watched the iPhone SE/iPad Pro event this week, while also choosing to rewatch the Model X and "D" reveal events, there's really no contest. Apple's presentations are a focus-grouped, microanalyzed art form. Tesla just puts Elon and a car on stage and let's him say words.

Sure, Tesla maybe makes more impressive products these days, and reveals more significant upgrades, but to compare the two or even say Tesla presentations are better, is ridiculous. No one on that Apple stage has ever said "um" once. Elon, for all his strengths, leaves a lot to be desired in his presentations.
I always wondered if Elon should take public speaking classes... don't get me wrong, he's my inspiration for the future and I love watching his interview videos, but the way he stutters and looks at the floor is just... bad presenting technique :confused:

Reactions: ELRev
I always wondered if Elon should take public speaking classes... don't get me wrong, he's my inspiration for the future and I love watching his interview videos, but the way he stutters and looks at the floor is just... bad presenting technique :confused:
He is heading two most important endeavors of mankind. He doesn't have time for anything else. He is inspirational and he likes to be on point instead of smothering cheese all over his words. His words are important, his delivery might not be the best but it doesn't matter to me.

are Tesla events better than Apple's?
IMO that's irrelevant. It's all about the content (what's more important, new iphone features or a compelling affordable EV?).

I wouldn't expect too much. The biggest surprise has already been spoiled for a very long time -- the price. It won't be possible to cram much else in at that price point. Maybe they will give us some nifty battery factory details.
You are going to be really surprised (it will be compelling)!

Last edited: