Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice to get an explanation of why they are so far away from their 500 mile range target.
Because they just made it up. It's the Silicon Valley way. Make big marketing claims and figure out how to make it work later.

Unfortunately advances in chemistry are not subject to Moore's law.

I just went thru 16 pages on the Cyber Truck Owners Club site… it’s brutal. Everyone is pissed and shocked. Lots of people are out after holding on to the hope for 4 years
It's $100 refundable for a spot in line. I think some people are acting way too emotional on what should be a logical decision. When you push the edge you sometimes come up short. I do hope they sell enough to break even on this one. There are still people with the disposable income who will buy it for the unique looks. There's the Model X type of buyer who may try it for the additional utility. They can actually upgrade the interior so it can compete, vs the "interior of the future", attracting new buyers. I think the truck buyer who is thinking about an EV version, will be primarily sticking with the F-150 Lightning or Silverado EV, if the finances make sense. Otherwise, they'll just stick with a gas truck. The CT will simply not be a threat to Ford, GM, or Ram.

It would be nice to get an explanation of why they are so far away from their 500 mile range target. They are not even close to the 500 miles they predicted. Just like it would be nice to get a decent explanation why Elon thought FSD would be solved six years ago, and they still aren't even close. WTF

There are other priorities, mainly SpaceX and Twatter.

More battery is not the answer though

Reactions: navguy12 and jebinc
It would be nice to get an explanation of why they are so far away from their 500 mile range target. They are not even close to the 500 miles they predicted. Just like it would be nice to get a decent explanation why Elon thought FSD would be solved six years ago, and they still aren't even close. WTF
Dreamer. 😏 Charlatan’s will never admit or explain their ways. They rely on blind followers and obedience.

It's $100 refundable for a spot in line. I think some people are acting way too emotional on what should be a logical decision. When you push the edge you sometimes come up short. I do hope they sell enough to break even on this one. There are still people with the disposable income who will buy it for the unique looks. There's the Model X type of buyer who may try it for the additional utility. They can actually upgrade the interior so it can compete, vs the "interior of the future", attracting new buyers. I think the truck buyer who is thinking about an EV version, will be primarily sticking with the F-150 Lightning or Silverado EV, if the finances make sense. Otherwise, they'll just stick with a gas truck. The CT will simply not be a threat to Ford, GM, or Ram.
All true, but by all rights, this one should be “dead as a doornail”.

I mean... your avatar explains just about the entirety of it.

But in all seriousness, Tesla is Elon. Elon's goal is to make money. And one of the ways to do that is to pump up Tesla's stock price. Elon is more than willing to lie and exaggerate to make that happen. Remember the infamous "funding secured" ?

IMG_0375.jpeg

This is their tailgate step?

Does anyone here think this lovely range extender will be available anytime soon? “Soon,” being defined as, “available” when deliveries start, “in 2024”…. I suspect that is just more stall and hyperbole. Bet it’s at least a year away, at least. Prove me wrong. 😑

Yes?

If it's really 50 kwh for $16,000--a Model 3 RWD is 12% bigger battery for 36k in inventory and they have to give you a whole rest of the car

This seems like the LEAST important bit to worry about them not offering day 1 as the margins on it should be pretty fantastic.

• Funny
Reactions: Mengy and jebinc
Yes?

If it's really 50 kwh for $16,000--a Model 3 RWD is 12% bigger battery for 36k in inventory and they have to give you a whole rest of the car

This seems like the LEAST important bit to worry about them not offering day 1 as the margins on it should be pretty fantastic.
Maybe. Elon has hinted that the CT is really expensive to make with the Stainless.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Yes?

Tesla has a track record of advertising features that aren't present at launch and can't even be retrofitted. I wouldn't bank on the range extender personally until it's confirmed that cars are shipping with the provisions for it to be installed.

I mean... your avatar explains just about the entirety of it.

But in all seriousness, Tesla is Elon. Elon's goal is to make money. And one of the ways to do that is to pump up Tesla's stock price. Elon is more than willing to lie and exaggerate to make that happen. Remember the infamous "funding secured" ?
Don’t think his performance today helped the stock price. Wait for it tomorrow…

The like to dislike for the Cybertruck seems to be about even. With some youtubers loving the Truck and statements like it's game over for the other Truck makers. Then there are the people who already have ICE and Electric Trucks and state that the Cybertruck is too expensive for what you get and it isn't worth it.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
The like to dislike for the Cybertruck seems to be about even. With some youtubers loving the Truck and statements like it's game over for the other Truck makers. Then there are the people who already have ICE and Electric Trucks and state that the Cybertruck is too expensive for what you get and it isn't worth it.
Shills doing shill things in force, after today’s event. They have their work cut out for them after that spectacle…