Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not only that... remote opening of tailgate ... that's something my 2015 F150 already had....

this "innovative feature" list was clearly written by someone not familiar with ICE / EV pick up trucks over the past 5+ years. Even the gasoline F150 hybrid has the 240v outlet...

Maybe first time in a Tesla also? He called it luxurious and it's just a Model 3 interior lol

• Funny
Reactions: texas_star_TM3
no self respecting truck person has. Those are only for the urban cowboys.
For me a truck is something to be beat around. No need for fancy stuff.
Has anyone ever seen a King Ranch/HighCountry/Platinum with mud on the tires either?
Yes, I also see them on construction sites.

The benefit about nice trucks is that you get all of the functionality with comfort and the ability to drive clients around in them.

A touchscreen brake controller (if it even has one), no door handles, awkward shaped bed that is difficult to reach over with no sail storage, rear screen, and carpet mats/flooring are not things delivered for "work trucks".

My guess is that they will announce on ER (18th Oct) that the event will be 1st November, day after Halloween. Could even make it a Halloween themed party.
Announcing at the ER on Oct 18th and having the event on Nov 21st, the four year anniversary, does make some sense. I hope it's sooner than that but I honestly doubt it will be.

Yes, I also see them on construction sites.

The benefit about nice trucks is that you get all of the functionality with comfort and the ability to drive clients around in them.

A touchscreen brake controller (if it even has one), no door handles, awkward shaped bed that is difficult to reach over with no sail storage, rear screen, and carpet mats/flooring are not things delivered for "work trucks".
not to mention stalkless and shifting gears *on a touch screen* will be fun for truck guys doing truck work stuff in the winter time with thick work gloves on...

Ford oversized the door handles on the F series for the sole reason that with work gloves on you can still comfortably open them. That's the level of thought which goes into a work truck

no self respecting truck person has. Those are only for the urban cowboys.
For me a truck is something to be beat around. No need for fancy stuff.
Has anyone ever seen a King Ranch/HighCountry/Platinum with mud on the tires either?

Yeah, I see them all the time.

Are you implying that no self respecting sports car person would every be caught with a full interior and amenities?

Here come the excuses on why the CT has a Model 3 interior with the shifter on the screen smh

I see King Ranch Trucks with mud on them quite a bit. I have been in one that had a vinyl floor instead of carpet. I just don't see too many Platinum Trucks here where I live. I have never seen a Platinum Truck caked in Mud. I have seen Lariat and King Ranch Trucks caked in Mud though. You can get the luxury Trucks with single rear wheels or duals. You can get luxury Trucks with or without Beds on them. I prefer the Lariat. For me it is the perfect mix of some luxury and work utility. As you go up in luxury you go down in payload capacity.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMPd
Are you implying that no self respecting sports car person would every be caught with a full interior and amenities?
I suspect Colin Chapman would say that. I also know a lot of Porsche fanatics that laugh at the idea of a Cayenne or Panamera. Same goes with a sports car with an automatic transmission. So I'd say yes, very likely. Those things are for the wanabees or the "secretary cars".

Come on folks, its obvious that the Cybertruck is not designed or priced as a work truck.
The CT is not priced. at all. yet.
Work truck does not always mean the cheapest truck. I think work truck is often conflated with fleet truck. Then I would agree that CT is unlikely to be a popular fleet truck for many reasons for many years ahead.

The CT is not priced. at all. yet.
Work truck does not always mean the cheapest truck. I think work truck is often conflated with fleet truck. Then I would agree that CT is unlikely to be a popular fleet truck for many reasons for many years ahead.
Good point, I did mean fleet truck and was not specific with my wording. The CT is not a good fit for either fleet or work trucks would be a better way to phrase my comment. As for your pricing comment, totally irrelevant. The original prices announced in 2019 are too much to make it a fleet truck candidate so final price is irrelevant as it will be over regardless.

Have no idea where you live, but in OK, AR, TX I see them covered in mud all the time.
I get around to a lot of places including those. Those places are among those (especially TX) where I tend to see the prettiest ones with no scratches or mud. Its as if every accountant or salesman has to have a bigger, more luxurious 'rig' to show their importance.
I do, of course, think it wise for Tesla to provide products to appeal to that group. After all, they're the ones who will. pay $80K for a $40K Yukon if you spot weld a few pieces of sheet metal on it to dress it up in the style of an HMMWV (Hummer H2 versus the actual H1). Personally, however, I prefer a truck to be a truck. If I'm going out to the opera or symphony, I have a Model Y. I need my truck for hauling and getting dirty and my 2001 is long overdue for replacement.

Reactions: outdoors