Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would expect 'assisted' electric trailers to become more common. They would work to reduce fuel consumption in an ICE too. Kind of silly to carry so much extra battery weight when it's really only needed for towing.

It depends on how many kinds of trailers the CT will tow. The owner of the CT might have a flatbed for construction work, a boat, a travel trailer and a horse trailer.

Just received my day zero reservation cancellation via email. I wonder how long these lying thieves will take to return my $100 (that they have had for four years already…) Anyone know?

IMG_9846.jpeg

So let me get this straight, instead of providing us with the amazing beer can battery’s with 500+ of range as promised, we get only get 320 instead? Then we pay for another battery that now says will provide up to 470 miles only it takes up a full 1/3 of the bed and reduces all the carrying and towing capacity?

is that right????
I dunno, pricing / functions / capacity / range all seem comparable or better to Ford Lightning, Silverado EV.
The Hummer gets slayed. I've got one in my neighborhood and it's just a monster in size alone, and the pricing is exorbitant.
Even current pricing on ICE pickups is quite comparable to the CT. Looked at them of late? Try to get one under 70K; good luck.

I'm hearing pity parties here.
I'm not a fan of the CT design per se but the feature set is quite good.
I came out of an Avalanche and it's utility value was huge; and it's the model for the Silverado EV).
I see a great deal of Avalanche crossover to the CT, with the exception of the midgate.
Yet I'd not want an early Silverado EV; battery tech and software iffy at best.
But I might take an early CT. Tesla track record is very good after the M3 and MY ramp ups.
No one is going to get close to an 'Pickup EV' these days unless you pre-ordered it years ago anyway.

Good point…

Check out the liar in action here - like the Charlatan didn’t know two days ago his truck wouldn’t do 500 miles of range. This is criminal.

View attachment 995207
CT range claimed is 470 miles with the range extender
I'm sure Ford and GM never exaggerated anything any time, any how, any where.
Get used to it, the world isn't perfect.

Have you seen the recent media reports on this disaster, post event? Brutal.

Have you seen the recent media reports on this disaster, post event? Brutal. Even the stalwart shills will have a tough time “spinning” this as a great day for Tesla (and investors)…
I just went thru 16 pages on the Cyber Truck Owners Club site… it’s brutal. Everyone is pissed and shocked. Lots of people are out after holding on to the hope for 4 years

I dunno, pricing / functions / capacity / range all seem comparable or better to Ford Lightning, Silverado EV.
The Hummer gets slayed. I've got one in my neighborhood and it's just a monster in size alone, and the pricing is exorbitant.
Even current pricing on ICE pickups is quite comparable to the CT. Looked at them of late? Try to get one under 70K; good luck.

I'm hearing pity parties here.
I'm not a fan of the CT design per se but the feature set is quite good.
I came out of an Avalanche and it's utility value was huge; and it's the model for the Silverado EV).
I see a great deal of Avalanche crossover to the CT, with the exception of the midgate.
Yet I'd not want an early Silverado EV; battery tech and software iffy at best.
But I might take an early CT. Tesla track record is very good after the M3 and MY ramp ups.
No one is going to get close to an 'Pickup EV' these days unless you pre-ordered it years ago anyway.
The Silverado will have their Ultium battery. The battery sections are replaceable on a per section basis, and can be mixed with newer chemistry versions as their devevolped. The battery has been designed for long-term parts availability, as lessons were learned from the Volt and Bolt. I wouldn't have any concerns with that battery.

CT range claimed is 470 miles with the range extender
I'm sure Ford and GM never exaggerated anything any time, any how, any where.
Get used to it, the world isn't perfect.
Rationalize as you must…

Does anyone here think this lovely range extender will be available anytime soon? “Soon,” being defined as, “available” when deliveries start, “in 2024”…. I suspect that is just more stall and hyperbole. Bet it’s at least a year away, at least. Prove me wrong. 😑

The Silverado will have their Ultium battery. The battery sections are replaceable on a per section basis, and can be mixed with newer chemistry versions as they’re devevolped. The battery has been designed for long-term parts availability, as lessons were learned from the Volt and Bolt. I wouldn't have any concerns with that battery.
But, but, if you buy the CT, you can get the heavyweight “beast extender” sometime in the future…. 😣