Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
800V doesn't make as much of a difference for lower performance vehicles with smaller packs. 48V is a benefit though.
Granted it won't make as big a difference - but I heard somewhere (watching too many YT videos of late) that the 800v architecture for the M3/MY and supporting up to 350kw V4 SC station charging rates would cut charging times by as much as 50% - so let's say 35-40% real world - that's meaningful even on the smaller ~80kwh packs in the mainstream vehicles - what takes 20 minutes to charge today - would cut down to 12-13 minutes - or 30 minutes down to 18-20 minutes. Evolutionary as opposed to revolutionary - but I'd take it.

Granted it won't make as big a difference - but I heard somewhere (watching too many YT videos of late) that the 800v architecture for the M3/MY and supporting up to 350kw V4 SC station charging rates would cut charging times by as much as 50% - so let's say 35-40% real world - that's meaningful even on the smaller ~80kwh packs in the mainstream vehicles - what takes 20 minutes to charge today - would cut down to 12-13 minutes - or 30 minutes down to 18-20 minutes. Evolutionary as opposed to revolutionary - but I'd take it.
A cell can only charge as fast as it can, and it knows nothing of the pack size or s/p numbers.
350kW into a 50kWh pack is 7C rate.
That's like 560kW into an 80kWh pack.

7 years ago.

Nothing to worry. Sandy does all the talking on this "interview". Totally useless.

Yeah.
Sandy is hyper-drooling all over Elon, and Elon deflecting a few soft-ball questions.
The only interesting statement made was by Musk admitting that CT production and revenue will not be material in 2024. At all. Maybe in 2025.

By the way, what's up with the Nazis ?
what nazis?

Well, anyone who disagrees with you must be a Nazi, you know? Like any free speech proponent would be expected to say!
Sandy decided to join Elon on canceling Disney ... as a protest against the "cancel" culture.

The interview is a total waste of time.
Unless you enjoy one dude verbally pleasuring another for 45 minutes.

Nothing to worry. Sandy does all the talking on this "interview". Totally useless.
By the way, what's up with the Nazis ?
I thought for sure you were referencing most of the posters on this thread. You guys go start up an EV company if you’re so damn talented. Go try making your own perfect truck for anything close to $100,000.

If it's real, that's a bad day.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 204545.png