Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lawfirm seeking for class action participants

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TIP: When reading personal opinions on this forum, look first at the Messages count of the poster. If the number is above 1,000, assume the opinions are being spewed by a diehard AP1 Fanboy with no law degree and not the slightest idea what AP2 purchasers were promised or are presently enduring now that the top three members of the autopilot development group at Tesla have all bailed.
Or assume that they actually understood what 'expected' meant. Again, I'm not *enduring* anything other than the thrill of owning my AP 2 X.

Or assume that they actually understood what 'expected' meant. Again, I'm not *enduring* anything other than the thrill of owning my AP 2 X.

Then I guess you are also fine not having AEB and blind spot on your $160,000 car and just taking whatever garbage excuse Tesla offers with stride? You won't be so thrilled anymore if you end up in an accident that could have been avoided in a Nissan Sentra.

Then I guess you are also fine not having AEB and blind spot on your $160,000 car and just taking whatever garbage excuse Tesla offers with stride? You won't be so thrilled anymore if you end up in an accident that could have been avoided in a Nissan Sentra.
It's not a $160,000 car. Tired of the $100,000 Car

I'm sorry I'm not as miserable as you over this.

Excellent point! Some people must have really, really low expectations. At least Consumer Reports has the integrity to call out Tesla for their lack of AEB, and then quickly again calling Tesla out on their sketchy AEB response.

As a well established law firm you do not tend to go to court against a large corporation with something that's completely spurious. Disputable maybe, but not completely against facts and/or the law.
That you call it an "attempt to extort" is rather telling.

Google Bill Lerach. The most prominent, respected, and feared plaintiffs class action Atty -- sentenced to years in federal prison for his greedy plaintiffs class action practices.

Excellent point! Some people must have really, really low expectations. At least Consumer Reports has the integrity to call out Tesla for their lack of AEB, and then quickly again calling Tesla out on their sketchy AEB response.
Hahah. Just above the line for snippiness. Personal attacks are very telling. I don't have low expectations, I just share my opinion where it will actually do some good, rather than ranting on a forum.

Regardless, I shall continue to enjoy driving my X. I'm a pragmatic optimist and life has rarely disappointed me. But you do you.

Guy took down Enron! :)

He did not! :)

A complex set of events involving credit rating agency downgrades and a failed merger transaction brought down Enron. At the time many public companies were the targets of plaintiffs class action lawsuits. Many were fishing expeditions -- and like fishing expeditions, sometimes casting a line pays off.

Lerach got some money for defrauded investors in Enron. A noble action. But then he got too greedy -- His respected plaintiffs firm engaged in wrongful actions. He went to prison. Two-year sentence for Lerach

Hahah. Just above the line for snippiness. Personal attacks are very telling. I don't have low expectations, I just share my opinion where it will actually do some good, rather than ranting on a forum.

I'm sorry if my post offended you. Please allow me to elaborate on what was meant regarding some people having lower expectations.

For example, some Tesla owners expect Tesla to follow their advertised loaner car policy, i.e. a Tesla will be provided except in unusual circumstances.

On the other hand you expressed that your expectations are much lower, "I'm with you on this. I'm just glad to have something decent to drive." Your expectations are markedly lower than others on this particular topic. (please reference the numerous complaints here on non-Telsa loaners).

I'm with you on this. I'm just glad to have something decent to drive. I don't expect them to keep a large number of Tesla loaners available. I usually get a Tesla, but not always. Now if they were to give me some flashy red Mustang with a loud engine, they'd have to think again :). I do have my limits.

Or

Hmmm. To be fair, I've rarely asked for a loaner. But the few times I have, they've usually found one for me. One time they didn't have one & I said 'never mind'.

Nothing judgmental here, just pointing out that we all have different expectations. I'm glad that you're happy with not needing a loaner at all, or not needing AEB braking or various other items, just please realize and respect that others have higher expectations on issues like these.

Nothing judgmental here, just pointing out that we all have different expectations. I'm glad that you're happy with not needing a loaner at all, or not needing AEB braking or various other items, just please realize and respect that others have higher expectations on issues like these.

I do rarely ask for a loaner. Before I moved in this last year, I lived a few miles from the service center, so it was no big deal. When I've needed one, I've been happy to get one. Of whatever kind.

But I'm a little concerned over your admonition to 'please realize and respect that others have higher expectations on issues like this'. That has the tone of lecturing me over proper behavior, which I'm sure you didn't mean to do. I obviously DO realize that people are different, I haven't been disrespectful (and I've been targeted by some with some rather disrespectful responses -ahem-). But surely I am allowed to express my opinion, also. No? (fyi, I wasn't offended, I was amused. Please don't assign emotions to me that were not expressed or felt.)

on a happier note, this is one of the features that is currently being deployed on AP2 (whew! finally) - ours loafed6last night.
Then, wr got thi
I'm sorry I'm not as miserable as you over this.
We're all different .... different expectations, different wealth, different levels of understanding etc.
Google Bill Lerach. The most prominent, respected, and feared plaintiffs class action Atty -- sentenced to years in federal prison for his greedy plaintiffs class action practices.
What a crock. every jurisdiction has their most notorious versus most respected Consumer Attorney.

As the EAP release is delayed further, the allegations are gaining more credibility, and probably gaiing more support from angry owners.
Can this US lawsuit represent Tesla buyers in all countries? Or are we going to see similar lawsuits in other countries too?

As the EAP release is delayed further, the allegations are gaining more credibility, and probably gaiing more support from angry owners.
Kind of hilariously, the lack of auto-wipers is one of the things that drives me most batty. That we haven't gotten them, well, it frightens me regarding the potential of Tesla Vision to live up to its promises... er, expectations.

Reactions: oktane
Kind of hilariously, the lack of auto-wipers is one of the things that drives me most batty. That we haven't gotten them, well, it frightens me regarding the potential of Tesla Vision to live up to its promises... er, expectations.
Spend some time researching AI and you might feel less frightened about Tesla Vision keeping it's promise and more frightened about being made obsolete by robots and computers.

• Funny
Reactions: oktane
Spend some time researching AI and you might feel less frightened about Tesla Vision keeping it's promise and more frightened about being made obsolete by robots and computers.

I'm more worried about Silicon Valley lobbying through something that doesn't work, than I am about being replaced by something that does.

Part of the definition of "works": I do it.

Hopefully not a tough standard, for Tesla Vision. I just wonder how firmly it's in Tesla's mission.

Last edited: