Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leave Occupants In Car with HVAC On (I can't do it)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the situation, I pull up to the store to run in and grab a gallon of milk. My wife and kids are in the car. How can I leave them in the car and keep all the systems up and running, climate control, radio, etc..

I've tried turning off lock on walk away, doesn't work. I've tried leaving my phone in the car (not ideal) still doesn't work. It seems there is a seat sensor and if you close the door and someone's butt isn't in the driver's seat, everything shuts down.

I just want to be able to enable "something" so that it all stays on until my return. Any ideas?

Here's the situation, I pull up to the store to run in and grab a gallon of milk. My wife and kids are in the car. How can I leave them in the car and keep all the systems up and running, climate control, radio, etc..

I've tried turning off lock on walk away, doesn't work. I've tried leaving my phone in the car (not ideal) still doesn't work. It seems there is a seat sensor and if you close the door and someone's butt isn't in the driver's seat, everything shuts down.

I just want to be able to enable "something" so that it all stays on until my return. Any ideas?
You have someone touch the screen as soon as you exit like in a Model S and X.