Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's say thanks: Pizza for the factory employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. Nice job omarsultan. I can't wait to see it hanging.

looks awesome -- cant wait to see it in person on a tour !!

wow yeah, I'm going to try and schedule a tour sometime when I'm in the area in the next few months. look forward to seeing it. :)

I doubt I'll ever be out there, so while this doesn't apply to me, for those of you planning tours, it would be cool if while you're there, you were able to actually sign the banner by your name.

Good idea? Bad idea? Terrible idea?

So in its current location, you will not see the banner if you go on a tour, as tours start/end at the Delivery Center. If you want to check out the banner in person, you need to head over to the temp lobby before or after the tour.

East_Industrial_—_Fremont.jpg

Last edited:
It looks great! My only regret is that we didn't get more people from outside of North America.

Talked about this with Doug from TMC. It came down to time and space: by the time we started to collect countries (and recognized the skew), I was pretty much out of space (hence the move to the ordered rows with allowed me to pack names more tightly). When spec-ing things out, Mark (Tesla) indicated the banner would be hung up high, above head level, I wanted to keep the typeface ~72points (1 vertical inch), so the names would be legible from a few feet away. If we added more names, we would have to either shrink the names to were they approached illegibility or move into custom size banners which would have rapidly escalated costs.

For an ad hoc project, I am pleased with how it turned out, but there are also a few things we learned along the way that we can apply if/when we do this again.