Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's say thanks: Pizza for the factory employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Cattledog. :)

So, last call, I am doing final layout as we speak. :) Send me your name (you and spouse, kid's name, dog's name, etc) as you want it to appear, any relevant VINs, etc, and your chosen country to osultan at mac dot com.

One design note, we are over 40 names (cool!), so I had to tweak the approach to layout a bit--I punted on the pseudo hand-written look as it was not space efficient and looking kinda messy with this many names and am re-doing the layout tonight in more orderly rows (think a donor plaque kind of look).

PS I still need country info from some of you

Last edited:
So, this was part of the original intent, but I ran into some practical problems:
1) Not everyone chose to share their signature, which is completely understandable, so we would end up with a mix of sig images and text anyway
2) The scanned images were breaking down when I scaled them up for the poster and did not look so hot
2a) I could address #2 by converting the image files into vector graphic files, but a) I don't have time to do that and b) it does not address #1

So, this was part of the original intent, but I ran into some practical problems:
1) Not everyone chose to share their signature, which is completely understandable, so we would end up with a mix of sig images and text anyway
2) The scanned images were breaking down when I scaled them up for the poster and did not look so hot
2a) I could address #2 by converting the image files into vector graphic files, but a) I don't have time to do that and b) it does not address #1

I think your approach is just fine. You've gone above and beyond. The banner will look great! Thanks again for all you're doing to make it happen!

great job omar.

question - it says "55000 grins and counting"; my VIN is in the 65000s, and people are now getting deliveries higher than mine... so is 55000 the right number to have on the banner?

sorry if this makes for more work or is wildly unhelpful :)

great job omar.

question - it says "55000 grins and counting"; my VIN is in the 65000s, and people are now getting deliveries higher than mine... so is 55000 the right number to have on the banner?

sorry if this makes for more work or is wildly unhelpful :)

I wondered about this too. I think they are delivering into the 68,000 thousands now but I imagine finding an accurate number is difficult (until end of quarter) maybe 60,000+ and counting would work.

Just to add to the comments of others, I really appreciate all the work! - (money where mouth is, donation made).

I am glad to see we are the point in the project where folks' OCD starts to become apparent. :)

- VINs: I tried to stay true to what folks sent me, hence sometimes there is a P and sometimes not, I even learned that there are some "F"s out there. I guess, now that its a bit more formal looking, I can add Ps in or take them out so its consistent. I guess some of this is from my ignorance. I learned Founder's cars get an "F", do Sigs get their own letter or are all Sigs also "P"s?

- About that 55K: So VINs are not an accurate gauge of the actual production as the numbers get allocated out of blocks. Tesla's official numbers are 2,650 Model Ses delivered in 2012, 22,477 in 2013 and 33,000 projected in 2014 (per Q3 Shareholder's letter) which gives us a grand total of 58,127. I did not include the Roadster numbers since they were not built at this factory. I have updated my latest rev of banner to 58K.

In terms of next steps, I sent "final" to the TMC folks and Tesla folks for approval. Assuming I can get that locked down tomorrow, my goal is to get the banner delivered by the end of the week. Once I have approval, I'll post the image here and ask the Tesla folks to send me a pic once they have it hung, folks can see what they created.

Finally, thanks for all the "thanks" - its been a fun little project and its nice to "meet" other owners - for those of you who have made donations to Alpha K9, thank you very much for your support of them.

I am glad to see we are the point in the project where folks' OCD starts to become apparent. :)

- VINs: I tried to stay true to what folks sent me, hence sometimes there is a P and sometimes not, I even learned that there are some "F"s out there. I guess, now that its a bit more formal looking, I can add Ps in or take them out so its consistent. I guess some of this is from my ignorance. I learned Founder's cars get an "F", do Sigs get their own letter or are all Sigs also "P"s?

- About that 55K: So VINs are not an accurate gauge of the actual production as the numbers get allocated out of blocks. Tesla's official numbers are 2,650 Model Ses delivered in 2012, 22,477 in 2013 and 33,000 projected in 2014 (per Q3 Shareholder's letter) which gives us a grand total of 58,127. I did not include the Roadster numbers since they were not built at this factory. I have updated my latest rev of banner to 58K.

In terms of next steps, I sent "final" to the TMC folks and Tesla folks for approval. Assuming I can get that locked down tomorrow, my goal is to get the banner delivered by the end of the week. Once I have approval, I'll post the image here and ask the Tesla folks to send me a pic once they have it hung, folks can see what they created.

Finally, thanks for all the "thanks" - its been a fun little project and its nice to "meet" other owners - for those of you who have made donations to Alpha K9, thank you very much for your support of them.
yes F are Founders, S are Sigs and P are production

Thank you. :)

- - - Updated - - -

So, dropped off the poster today - the timing was good, but I am not sure if I can say why. Again, they were very touched that TMC owners were willing to do this. In the next day or so, I should get pics from the Tesla folks, so I will post 'em when I get 'em.

Again, thanks for doing this.

And if what you're not sure about has anything to do with the 6.1 update, and it being a secret, it's not much of a secret any more. (There's a 20 page-long thread on it!) I guess if it's something else, mum's the word.

Thank you. :)

- - - Updated - - -

So, dropped off the poster today - the timing was good, but I am not sure if I can say why. Again, they were very touched that TMC owners were willing to do this. In the next day or so, I should get pics from the Tesla folks, so I will post 'em when I get 'em.
Thanks! Was the timing good because they are about to start building my car :smile:
Pretty mysterious.