Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's say thanks: Pizza for the factory employees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an update. The event will be this Saturday, December 27th, at 10:30a (Pacific) at the factory. Since I will be traveling and unable to attend, Bonnie will be coordinating from this point forward. Tesla has asked that we keep it between 5-10 people. So now that the exact time is known, please reply here if you are interested, are able to spend a few hours on Saturday, and are willing to say a few words and/or read notes from others on here.

Thanks all - this is exciting!

If you are interested in attending (and I see a few people here have indicated so), please send me a private message with your full name, email, and a cell number. I'll confirm and also give you my contact info. I need to supply a list of who is attending to Tesla, so please be sure you will be attending (because that is one spot taken) and if you haven't confirmed, please don't show up figuring 'it will be okay'.

The day before, I'll send an email to all with any additional details.

Just a reminder to folks: If you'd like to send along a thank-you note, I'm collecting. It might be too late to mail, but I've printed out a few that have been sent to me via email or private message. And I have a handful (some with pictures!) that have arrived in the mail (thank you!!). I'm both bringing & scanning those.

On Friday, the HR department will be emailing all these scanned thank-you notes, including the one that Andrew wrote, to all of the manufacturing employees and beyond. The more notes, the better - their employees will very much appreciate hearing first-hand from their customers. I've committed to getting those scanned notes over by Friday morning.

One last note - thanks for letting me be part of this. Many thanks to andrewket for putting the idea forth to begin with, and then to the rest of you for carrying it forward. I get the fun part - showing up at the factory with the thank-you's and talking to employees. I wish each of you could be there, too. Happy Holidays!

One last note - thanks for letting me be part of this. Many thanks to andrewket for putting the idea forth to begin with, and then to the rest of you for carrying it forward. I get the fun part - showing up at the factory with the thank-you's and talking to employees. I wish each of you could be there, too. Happy Holidays!

Many thanks to both you and andrewket for making this happen. Wish I could be with you in person on Saturday, but glad to be there in spirit (hoping my card makes it in time!)

I am still not clear if we are still planning an "alternate gift" (to a charity in their honor). If that is still in the works (now that Tesla picked up the pizza tab) can someone please post how we can contribute towards that?

... but glad to be there in spirit (hoping my card makes it in time!)

I am still not clear if we are still planning an "alternate gift" (to a charity in their honor). If that is still in the works (now that Tesla picked up the pizza tab) can someone please post how we can contribute towards that?

Your card did arrive! I've already scanned yours and all the others I've received, so those (along with Andrew's) will be going out to all the employees tomorrow. I'll leave the hard copies there so that they can be posted in a common area.

I don't think there is a charity plan going on now, but I could be wrong. Anyone?

Your card did arrive! I've already scanned yours and all the others I've received, so those (along with Andrew's) will be going out to all the employees tomorrow. I'll leave the hard copies there so that they can be posted in a common area.

I don't think there is a charity plan going on now, but I could be wrong. Anyone?

at one time it was suggested that we have a banner made commemorating our appreciation for all their efforts???

Just a reminder to folks: If you'd like to send along a thank-you note, I'm collecting. It might be too late to mail, but I've printed out a few that have been sent to me via email or private message. And I have a handful (some with pictures!) that have arrived in the mail (thank you!!). I'm both bringing & scanning those.

On Friday, the HR department will be emailing all these scanned thank-you notes, including the one that Andrew wrote, to all of the manufacturing employees and beyond. The more notes, the better - their employees will very much appreciate hearing first-hand from their customers. I've committed to getting those scanned notes over by Friday morning.

Many thanks for making the trek and representing the TMC enthusiasts. Wish I could be there....

Oh, you're co-managing at this point. Stop kidding yourself. :) And thank you to stevezzz for copy editing.

I just heard from Jerome, the letter I wrote was sent out today to the factory. Pizza party is still a go for tomorrow. Here is what I said in the letter:

​​​​​​​​December 21, 2014

It’s been said that the foundation of a company is the people who come to work every day and make a difference. In great companies like Tesla, these leaders teach us to own and take pride in our work, no matter how large or small the task. They obsess about customers, the customer experience, and the product or service they perform, to the smallest detail. They think of the company and the mission first, often making personal sacrifices in the process of delivering results.

To the people of Tesla motors, on behalf of Tesla owners worldwide: thank you. Thank you for building a company that is reshaping the automotive industry, and for creating technologies that move us forward towards a day where renewable energy powers our everyday life. But most of all, thank you for your hard work in building an automobile that your customers love passionately. Every owner I’ve met says Model S is the best car they’ve ever owned.

It’s a fact that people who are “behind the scenes” often don’t get to speak directly with customers and hear about the impact their work has had on others’ lives. If you had the opportunity to speak with Tesla owners, there is one thing they would tell you that is universal. It doesn’t matter what model Tesla they own or the language they speak. It’s what we’ve come to call the “Tesla grin”, the smile that comes across our faces every time we get behind the wheel.

Thank you for all your hard work, now and in the future.

Sincerely,

Andrew (last name redacted, but google it and you'll find me in sure), on behalf of Tesla owners everywhere

Oh, you're co-managing at this point. Stop kidding yourself. :) And thank you to stevezzz for copy editing.

I just heard from Jerome, the letter I wrote was sent out today to the factory. Pizza party is still a go for tomorrow. Here is what I said in the letter:

​​​​​​​​December 21, 2014

It’s been said that the foundation of a company is the people who come to work every day and make a difference. In great companies like Tesla, these leaders teach us to own and take pride in our work, no matter how large or small the task. They obsess about customers, the customer experience, and the product or service they perform, to the smallest detail. They think of the company and the mission first, often making personal sacrifices in the process of delivering results.

To the people of Tesla motors, on behalf of Tesla owners worldwide: thank you. Thank you for building a company that is reshaping the automotive industry, and for creating technologies that move us forward towards a day where renewable energy powers our everyday life. But most of all, thank you for your hard work in building an automobile that your customers love passionately. Every owner I’ve met says Model S is the best car they’ve ever owned.

It’s a fact that people who are “behind the scenes” often don’t get to speak directly with customers and hear about the impact their work has had on others’ lives. If you had the opportunity to speak with Tesla owners, there is one thing they would tell you that is universal. It doesn’t matter what model Tesla they own or the language they speak. It’s what we’ve come to call the “Tesla grin”, the smile that comes across our faces every time we get behind the wheel.

Thank you for all your hard work, now and in the future.

Sincerely,

Andrew (last name redacted, but google it and you'll find me in sure), on behalf of Tesla owners everywhere

Thanks for sharing it, Andrew. I'll let the others who wrote thank-you notes share theirs, if they will ... but know that I scanned them and sent them in early this a.m. & they were all part of one big package with Andrew's note leading the way. Tesla was thrilled to be sending out the email to all.

Thanks for sharing it, Andrew. I'll let the others who wrote thank-you notes share theirs, if they will ... but know that I scanned them and sent them in early this a.m. & they were all part of one big package with Andrew's note leading the way. Tesla was thrilled to be sending out the email to all.

I sent the following to Bonnie, hand-written on a thank-you card:

--
Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dear Tesla Employees,

As I write this early on a Saturday morning in December, the gorgeous Tesla Model S P85D you have built for me is getting close to completing its three-thousand mile journey east. It is spending today being freshened up at the service center in Mt. Kisco, NY, after its long, cross-country trip. Tomorrow it will be trucked just a couple of hundred miles before winding up in my garage in Ithaca, NY. I am incredibly excited, and very grateful, to all of you, for making this possible.

Eleven days ago this exceptional vehicle that I’ll be driving tomorrow was just thousands of pieces of metal and rubber and plastic and glass and whatever else you miraculously turn into the finest car the world has ever seen. Eleven weeks ago no one outside of Tesla had even heard of a P85D! You should all be very proud of yourselves!

By the time you are reading this, and, I’m sure, for many years to come, my wife Kim and I will be driving the safest car ever built. We’ll be enjoying every minute of it! Thank you very, very, much for everything you did to make this happen! Your work is really appreciated!

Sincerely and with much gratitude,

Andrew W.
VIN P64227

Ah, excellent. Jerome didn't say that they had sent out all the letters. I thought perhaps they were saving the others for you to share tomorrow. Good stuff. I'd love it if people shared their letters with us, but of course its optional.

I can take point on the banner, since other folks are handling other parts of this. Two things:
1) Suggestions on what it should say
2) If folks want to send me an image of their hand-written name of signature, I can virtually place them on the banner

O

Thanks for offering to take this on.

One of the suggestions that had been offered up was for the banner to include the signators' VIN numbers. (Obviously not the full numbers--just the way we've been using them here, I'd imagine--a letter followed by five digits.) I personally like that idea a lot.

One of the suggestions that had been offered up was for the banner to include the signators' VIN numbers. (Obviously not the full numbers--just the way we've been using them here, I'd imagine--a letter followed by five digits.) I personally like that idea a lot.

I like that too, so how about this:
1) Send me e-mail at osultan at mac dot com with your partial VIN and how you want your name to appear on the banner
2) If you want to get a bit fancier, take a thick marker and sign your informal signature (how you sign birthday cards, I am not looking to build a collection of legal signatures :wink: ) on a sheet of paper and either scan it and send me a PNG of JPEG or take a pic and send it to me.

I'll start laying out the banner - still need folks to offer suggestions on the verbiage.