Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Level 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see how Tesla approaches level 3 on highways now that the regulation seems to be starting to take form. Such a level 3 aystem is the most important step imo and one where we actually have a chance of legality within the foreseeable future. So I wonder if Tesla will feel their system is good enough for them to accept the liability that will for sure be required.

I suspect that will change immediately once competitors release L3 systems and Tesla is still far away from achieving L5. :p

Seriously, L3 on the highway would be a great achievement and far more useful than the parlor tricks they have added recently, and if Tesla were capable of implementing it, they would.
Also, Tesla has taken up front payments for FSD and offered little in return outside USA or Canada. A level 3 update would only be fair to thousands of international Tesla owners who forked out for the promise of FSD.

No.

But hey, Only Elon doesn't keep promises according to "concerned" people here.

BMW never officially released their traffic light cruise feature either. Over a year late:

So apparently this stuff is hard. Who woulda thought?!? 🤔

...But hey, Only Elon doesn't keep promises according to "concerned" people here....
It may happen in the future but currently, non-Tesla companies don't take the full payment like $12,000 from customers for a non-existing product--the product that avoids hitting parking police cars and fire trucks...

So Mercedes may promise a lot but it doesn't grab $12,000 for the promise.

However, because the trick works so well in Tesla, other companies might become copycats and start collecting money from consumers just for promises.

Reactions: am_dmd
It may happen in the future but currently, non-Tesla companies don't take the full payment like $12,000 from customers for a non-existing product--the product that avoids hitting parking police cars and fire trucks...

However, because the trick works so well in Tesla, other companies might become copycats and start collecting money from consumers just for promises.
Other car companies don’t even try to move at the speed Tesla does. Elon / Tesla truly believe they are months away from full autonomy, even if they have failed thus far.

I appreciate the speed that Tesla attempts to move at even if they are missing deadlines. I’m happy to pay for FSD with the hope I’ll be able to use it sooner than later.

I appreciate the speed that Tesla attempts to move at even if they are missing deadlines. I’m happy to pay for FSD with the hope I’ll be able to use it sooner than later.

5-12k for an actual "FSD" software isn't expensive, just IMO

You can't buy any FSD consumer software right now, regardless of price.

And many people who are complain about Elon's "promises" bought FSD at ~$3k........... when TACC alone was selling for $3k from other OEMs.

Edit: other OEMs didn't used to sell TACC a-la-carte. I meant in order to get TACC, you'd have to buy whole packages and upgrade your car trim to get TACC alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigma4Life

You can’t buy any auto pilot features (even the ones you from Tesla for free) from Mercedes’ for any amount of money.

At 12k you are getting something of some value regarding autopilot and all future updates; including hardware updates.

Reactions: Sigma4Life