Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
103116.jpg

Reactions: jerry33
Tesla Model S85 RWD 02-2014 19" after three summers and two winters: 304Wh/mi (189Wh/km) in Germany and Denmark.
Trip A is reset twice a year when changing between summer and winter wheels (also 19").
Summer is just over after 16,294miles @ 286Wh/mi (178Wh/km). Winter is typically around 200Wh/km.

Attachments

• Lifetime average Wh-km.jpg
    Lifetime average Wh-km.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 70
After 9 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month
Distance = 999 miles
Total energy kWh = 318
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 318

Lifetime (9 Months)
Distance = 11,498 miles
Total energy kWh = 3652
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 318

average temp in November was 49.7 F so I saw my Average Energy / Mile increase a bit.
Range Mode off all month.

Okay, so I have 85,000 on the odo. Average Wh/m for me is 330. The last ten days has seen a spike in that my average is now between 345 and 350. Tire pressure is normal, and "the orange bar" seems to be (relatively) in the same place - hovering around and below 20.

I have gone through four winters. Cold can be an explanation, but I do not recall it being this much of an increase this early (we really have not gotten below 50 degrees in the daytime here).

Thoughts?

Okay, so I have 85,000 on the odo. Average Wh/m for me is 330. The last ten days has seen a spike in that my average is now between 345 and 350. Tire pressure is normal, and "the orange bar" seems to be (relatively) in the same place - hovering around and below 20.

I have gone through four winters. Cold can be an explanation, but I do not recall it being this much of an increase this early (we really have not gotten below 50 degrees in the daytime here).

Thoughts?
The first question is "Are the tires the same as the ones you used last winter"? That can made a big difference. Next thing to look at is alignment.

• Helpful
Reactions: sublimaze1
The first question is "Are the tires the same as the ones you used last winter"? That can made a big difference. Next thing to look at is alignment.

Ahhh - I had not thought about that. They are firestone tires (at least two of them are) ... I had an altercation with a gravel truck in September, and blew out the two left tires ... had to be towed to nearest tire place, they replaced two and those are now on the back (the front's are goodyear (which I like better). Had the care aligned as well ... so maybe it is the tire choice. Thanks for the thought.

291Wh/mile after first 3K miles. 75D in California weather. Seen some crazy #s during bumper to bumper autopilot commutes: 15miles, 174Wh/mile (rare though, most commutes are 230-240wh/mile). Hope some dual motor magic happening somewhere...

I was jealous of these wonderful numbers -- puts my 296 wh/m to shame. Then I realized I drive 95% of the time on the highway at 70+ mph. Maybe not so bad.
Not bad at all. My highway drives would likely be same as yours - barring any elevation changes, wind and temp. We got the identical car. Your pearl white's extra coat might be making the car slipper than my flat white paint - lol.

This thread needs a GIANT asterisk. I found a new maxima for how wrong the trip meter is.

37%!

The car was warm, fully out of regen from a short drive earlier. It was now almost 45F outside, so not even that cold, and I had just added 15% charge @ 19kW and pre-warmed the car again anyway. Immediately drove 16.2 miles at a reported 421 Wh/mi. How many rated miles were lost during this period? 30! That comes out to 578 Wh/mi actual.

Garbage....

• Helpful
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
This thread needs a GIANT asterisk. I found a new maxima for how wrong the trip meter is.

37%!

The car was warm, fully out of regen from a short drive earlier. It was now almost 45F outside, so not even that cold, and I had just added 15% charge @ 19kW and pre-warmed the car again anyway. Immediately drove 16.2 miles at a reported 421 Wh/mi. How many rated miles were lost during this period? 30! That comes out to 578 Wh/mi actual.

Garbage....
Something doesn't seem right with those numbers. Too many rated miles lost for a use of 6.8 kWh of battery. Are the numbers different in warmer weather? Do you ever get close to rated miles?

37%!

Garbage....
That seems really high. Have you checked your tire pressures lately?