Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Average Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
103117.jpg

By my calculations, my lifetime number is now 239.8 Wh/mi.

So, I have a S70D and in the first year I ended with an average of around 289 Wh/mile. Right now I am closer to 296 Wh/mile. I am not sure that is related to the Tesla battery or anything as much as the fact that I don't really try to sustain over 300 Wh/mile anymore. I previously was careful to try to milk the numbers to see how far I could get them. Now I simply drive.

I almost forgot.. I am about at 69,000 miles over 2.5 years of ownership and loving every minute of it.

Given the terrain and driving patterns ( up/down a hill constantly ) where we live, I don't see it possible to achieve numbers much under 320 Wh/mile. Actually, 11 months in we are at 341 Wh/mi

But one of the major selling points of this car has always been acceleration for me
And when I do the math given appx 10,000 miles a year usage, even if I could achieve 250 Wh/mi, which I see as impossible, my savings would be marginal
I estimate approximately $100-150

So from strictly a financial sense, really doesn't make sense to me to work to achieve a lower number
I'll just drive and enjoy

After 21 months of ownership here are my P90DL's numbers

Current Month November
Distance in Miles = 948
Total energy kWh = 324.8
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 343
Avg Temp 43.4 (from TeslaFi)

Lifetime (21 Months)
Distance in Miles = 25,652
Total energy kWh = 8267
Avg energy / Mile in Wh/m = 322

This month's data reflects cold weather driving with use of cabin heater, heated seats and steering wheel as well as defrosters and no use of air conditioning. Battery degradation since new is about 3% at 90% charge (241 new vs 235 now). Winter tires have been installed (Micheline MXM4 19" and Tesla 10 spoke wheels). Normal daily charge level of battery is set to 60% due to my daily use case.

Range Mode OFF entire month and on firmware = 2017.42 a88c8d5.

I took my MS in for service and they reset my trip meters (arggghhh!!!!). Is there anyway to get the lifetime Wh/m usage from the car? Thanks for any info.
So rude! Did they do a full reset? Are your profiles gone too?
Sorry, I don't think there's a way to get the usage. I know you can get the mileage from an API, but I don't think total energy used is there.

I have recorded average since getting uncorked in 75D. Despite putting the foot flat to the floor more often my average has dropped to 159wh/km (255wh/mi) since uncork and is 166wh/km (265wh/mi) for View attachment 266290 lifetime after 37,000km.

Sorry for being slightly off topic, but I drive a 2014 Model S P85, how do you get those "Lifetime","Spring 17" Trip counters? I only seem to have Trip A and Trip B