Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bad. Didn’t look close enough and assumed those were mr502’s with +38mm. I’m sure I can find them but what model are those? Thanks for the response. Bobbyleechan mentioned if he were to install the 502’s he would add spacers on the rears, so just trying to sort out how much since I don’t have the wheels to measure.
Yes, Black Rhino Arches. I think with the ATs at 255/55 they filled the rear pretty nicely

Small world. I saw a YouTube short if your car ripping in snow. That’s actually the first time I saw methods on a Y. To this day you’re black Y build with roof rack is my favorite I’ve seen, by a lot. The tire looks to fit the rear wheel well nicely. Did you have hub spacers on that build? Or is that just the regular 18x8 +38mm offset with 255/55 tires? Looking forward to seeing the new build!
link to video?

Best looking stance to me. Putting in order for all black arches and toyo at III’s tomorrow.
Thank you!
For ref, that is the 1880ACH305114B76 / 1880ACH305114Z76 18x8 5x114.3 ET+30mm, bore 76.10, load rating 2000

I wish I could see the front of the front tire when its turned straight, looks to as if there's space for 265/55R18 if a 18x9.0 ET+30mm wheel was used, but not sure if it clears fender or upper knuckle
1672953915242.png

Reactions: Skavatar
18x9 is really too wide for a real off road setup. 18x8 is ideal.
I looked more at the calculators online and the only gain from that 18x9 is +5.5mm ride height, hardly anything to write home about and drawbacks include even worse range ... yeah I think 18x8 is the sweet spot.
For Model Y Long Range though ... maybe Model 3 aero wheels rev 2 are a supprior option, sure its 8.5 instead of 8 and offset is 40mm instead of 30mm like the BR or 38mm like Method but the aero cover should help make up some of the lost range due to tires

Thoughts?

Oh and one last thing and forgive my ignorance please:

when you say they had to add weights when mounting the wheels, what is that all about?

thanks again
Sorry for the delay! This post shows the Methods without the lift. I looked at a lot of options, including the BR Arches, but after getting Analysis Paralysis, I decided to just go with the Methods, since they guaranteed fit on the MYP. Some pics below to sway you toward the Methods ;)

When they go to balance the wheels, they add weights, and if those weights aren't added in the correct area (as far inboard as possible) they'll rub on the parking brake and make a fun 'tick tick tick' noise whenever you drive.

Can't wait to see what you go with!

5C65489C-A455-45A0-A7DD-692ED89BBEAB_1_105_c.jpeg
D874AE57-08DB-4616-BE50-006C01AFDE6F_1_105_c.jpeg
507486D8-7411-40D0-BE3C-67E95A59303A_1_105_c.jpeg
33DF0121-C03A-4188-87AB-FBE2034D3536_1_105_c.jpeg

I looked more at the calculators online and the only gain from that 18x9 is +5.5mm ride height, hardly anything to write home about and drawbacks include even worse range ... yeah I think 18x8 is the sweet spot.
For Model Y Long Range though ... maybe Model 3 aero wheels rev 2 are a supprior option, sure its 8.5 instead of 8 and offset is 40mm instead of 30mm like the BR or 38mm like Method but the aero cover should help make up some of the lost range due to tires

Thoughts?

If you can find them, the gen2 Aero wheels are a great option. The hard part is finding a set that is decently priced relative to new aftermarket wheels. Black Rhino Sandstorm (18x8) is another good option.

• Love
Reactions: Atraf
Sorry for the delay! This post shows the Methods without the lift. I looked at a lot of options, including the BR Arches, but after getting Analysis Paralysis, I decided to just go with the Methods, since they guaranteed fit on the MYP. Some pics below to sway you toward the Methods ;)

When they go to balance the wheels, they add weights, and if those weights aren't added in the correct area (as far inboard as possible) they'll rub on the parking brake and make a fun 'tick tick tick' noise whenever you drive.

Can't wait to see what you go with!

View attachment 892908View attachment 892909View attachment 892910View attachment 892912

Beautiful. Well done. Love the rear spare tire setup as well. Very practical. What carrier is it?

Beautiful. Well done. Love the rear spare tire setup as well. Very practical. What carrier is it?
Can't beat that price!

The carrier is my own build. I liked the RigD setup but couldn't stomach the price, so I made this thing, which allowed me to control the distance to the bumper and offset the tire so I still had a useable rear camera.

What tire pressure are you guys running? According to tiresize.com a 255/55R18 should be at 36 on the Model Y.
View attachment 904140
Whoa - I've just been running 41-42 PSI. I tried lower pressures once to see if it helped with ride quality. I didn't notice an improvement, so I went back up. I'm concerned going lower will ruin my already fuel economy. I love the fat tires with no hubcaps, but it kills your economy (along with my heavy foot).