Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the car out to King of the Hammers in Johnson Valley, CA. I was the only Tesla that attended in a sea of Rivians :(.

OMG_Rivian was my travel partner. His Rivian is in a few of the photos.

Here is the event we went to: https://www.optimabatteries.com/exp...oE3f7VOtxFfNcEZ7fm5CBzKxpVjdxpHa0Y37BzHmM_dO8

View attachment 905924View attachment 905925View attachment 905926View attachment 905927View attachment 905929View attachment 905930View attachment 905928
Thank you for sharing!
Looks like lots of fun.
It make sense that you would be the only Tesla there:
To take a Rivian R1T/R1S off-road you ... go off road, to take a Tesla its probably best if you go 255/55R18, maybe toss in a lift kit and some rear camber arms, to know that you can do it you got to be pretty hardcore car guy + only Model Y is allowed to go on more than just 'dirt road' without voiding its warranty.

Reactions: TacoSteve
Thanks for all the wealth of knowledge available here. Pioneering new vehicle mods are always hit and miss (boxes of unused parts in the garage still) so I appreciate the feedback. Just pulled the trigger on a set of methods and the new Eibach lift springs. I’ll shoot some pics of the new MY Rallye once I get it all together. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: gt2690b and Atraf
Lifting my 2020 MYP with Eibach Pro Lift Kit Springs and TS5 wheels with Wildpeak tires next Wednesday! Will post pics
I'll be interested to see what that feels like for you. We tried the H&R lift springs and it was a noticeably harsher ride. Also, the damper length stays the same so you will probably top out the shocks when going over rough terrain. Not a great feeling.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and Atraf
255/55R18 Falken Wildpeak AT 38 psi on 18x8 ET40 MB Wheels Crux with MPP lift kit installed by @MasterC17.
Gonna try 245/60R18 Nitto Nomad Grapper XL on 18x8 ET30 Black Rhino Arches next.
Thanks, everyone, for the helpful thread!

lifted1.JPG

lifted2.JPG

lifted3.JPG

My Model Y with the 18x8.0 +30 Black Rhino Arches, 255/55R18 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails, MPP Lift and Rear Camber arm. Added 2 inches to ground clearance sitting at about 8.75 inches. My advice would be to hold off on replacing the rear camber arm and see how things sit with the alignment first. The tech I had do the install and alignment did not need to adjust rear camber on the MPP rear camber arms to get it in the green. The front camber is at maximum adjustment, though, and is a little out of spec at 0.2. MPPs upper control arms with adjustable camber are $1,200 so we are going to see how things settle and monitor tire wear before I spend the money on those. Next, I am installing front and rear skid plates I picked up from RPM Tesla.
PXL_20230210_000319695.jpg

PXL_20230210_000406573 (1).jpg

My Model Y with the 18x8.0 +30 Black Rhino Arches, 255/55R18 Falken Wildpeak AT Trails, MPP Lift and Rear Camber arm. Added 2 inches to ground clearance sitting at about 8.75 inches. My advice would be to hold off on replacing the rear camber arm and see how things sit with the alignment first. The tech I had do the install and alignment did not need to adjust rear camber on the MPP rear camber arms to get it in the green. The front camber is at maximum adjustment, though, and is a little out of spec at 0.2. MPPs upper control arms with adjustable camber are $1,200 so we are going to see how things settle and monitor tire wear before I spend the money on those. Next, I am installing front and rear skid plates I picked up from RPM Tesla.
View attachment 908748
View attachment 908749
Looks awesome! 18x8 +30 seems to be the best fitment for an off-road setup.

Just curious, why 255/55 over 245/60?

View attachment 908748
View attachment 908749
Where did you get 76.1 to 64.1 mm hub centric rings? Having a hard time finding options in that size.

Black Rhino Arches load rating is 2000 lbs. I would be OK with 1700. Don't see a reason why DR-34 18x8 +35 wouldn't work.