Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmonic Amp & Customer Service discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry asked for an update today. Good follow up.

10 days and the revised amp is still working. No explanation for the two initial failures. The only known thing I've done differently since the failures is manually power cycle the car.

In my experience, rebooting does nothing. The charm is power cycling. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm happy with the result.

Request others with the revised amp report their experiences. Is everyone now happy?

Still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed it goes out this week

Did you get your amp yet?

Just over three weeks and mine is still working. What a difference. I'd been so long without the factory system I forgot what it sounds like. Going from no front channels and no hatch channels to all channels working is a dramatic change for the better. I'll keeep saying it: when it works, the LH system is a worthwhile upgrade. And, to my ears, the LH amp powers the NVX sub nicely.

I just wanted to report back... the returned amp I received in April has been working flawlessly since then. It's not given me any problems... so hopefully they have truly found and corrected the issue going forward. If so, the amp is a definite upgrade and about the only part that really makes sense. The speakers (which I have) do absolutely nothing to improve the sound. The subwoofer is way overprice and the SoundQubed works just as well for a fraction of the cost.

I just wanted to report back... the returned amp I received in April has been working flawlessly since then. It's not given me any problems... so hopefully they have truly found and corrected the issue going forward. If so, the amp is a definite upgrade and about the only part that really makes sense. The speakers (which I have) do absolutely nothing to improve the sound. The subwoofer is way overprice and the SoundQubed works just as well for a fraction of the cost.
1000% Agree, totally!
I'm wondering if anyone on here has encountered a good replacement for the A pillar and center channel speakers?

I’m still waiting for a replacement for my non functioning amp. Multiple times I was told my replacement was being tested but now they have cancelled my support ticket and have not responded to multiple attempts to contact them.

I was about ready to drop 2 grand for the part 1 and 2 upgrade, but there have been 1 too many stories about them taking customers money and then cutting contact. If I send you 2 grand, I better get quick responses, tracking #'s, some kind of order dashboard that shows my order status, etc. I'm not saying this is a scam, but if they can't handle basic customer service, they aren't getting my money.

Interested to hear more about this -maybe deserves its own thread? Do they offer a Tesla enclosure? Where do you get the signal and how did you amplify it for the sub?

The SoundQubed sub is a drop in replacement for the stock sub (be sure to bridge the inputs to achieve 1 ohm, not 2 if you are using the stock sub). You'll need to use the UHFS sub box (you can order one from the service center if you don't have one, they are inexpensive). However, I don't know if the wiring is there if you do not have UHFS.

• Informative
Reactions: David.85D
I'm glad this thread came alive again. I've missed the conversation.

My amp has been working well also though not flawlessly. Channels drop out occasionally and the fix is not to reboot but to power cycle the car. Easy enough and, so far, the audio comes right back. Amp is a big improvement. Haven't heard/tried SoundQubed but am happy with NVX sub and their custom enclosure. Mates well with LH amp. OEM sub is still there but electrically bypassed.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has encountered a good replacement for the A pillar and center channel speakers?

There is a UK company using Morel in the A pillar:

Tesla Model S aftermarket audio option – UK specific article

TS Sportline has a full system:

Tesla Model S/X Custom Audio - Custom Services by T Sportline

Reus Audio swaps out the A pillar speakers but isn't saying what they use. I've heard talk of proprietary but I doubt they can justify that in such low volume. I bet they are badge engineering an off the shelf product.

• Informative
Reactions: Muzzman1
I have the LH amp in my MCU1 MS-P85. It really does sound much better than the stock amp and I am generally quite happy with it. However, I have seen at least 2 posts where people have no sound from the rear hatch speakers with this amp. I also have this issue. The audio is generally so much better that it doesn't bother me too much, but I would like to find out if this is typical of this setup. Does anyone have the MCU1 version of the LH amp, and have decent sound from the rear hatch speakers?

I have the LH amp in my MCU1 MS-P85. It really does sound much better than the stock amp and I am generally quite happy with it. However, I have seen at least 2 posts where people have no sound from the rear hatch speakers with this amp. I also have this issue. The audio is generally so much better that it doesn't bother me too much, but I would like to find out if this is typical of this setup. Does anyone have the MCU1 version of the LH amp, and have decent sound from the rear hatch speakers?
You do know this is a 5 year old thread you just responded to right? 😀