Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Time: 100 kWh Battery Upgrade (S/X), Ludicrous+ Capable, 2 Year Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
Sale pending.

Sold.

Check out the 057 Upgrades Configurator to see which regular upgrades are available for your Model S/X!

---

I'm back with a 100 kWh battery upgrade offer.

We ended up with a pretty decent 100 kWh pack that I don't have slated for anything in particular and I don't really like breaking down good condition 100 kWh batteries. I actually put it in my personal Model X to run it through its paces for about 1000 miles. Pack only has ~18 MWh total usage (~40k miles).

Pack shows 93.0 kWh usable. That translates to, at 100% charge, roughly:
  • 320 rated miles in a Dual Motor Non-Performance Pre-Refresh S
  • 325 rated miles in a Dual Motor Non-Performance Refresh S
  • 295 rated miles in a Dual Motor Performance S (Ludicrous+)
  • 290 rated miles in a Dual Motor Non-Performance X
  • 270 rated miles in a Dual Motor Performance X
  • 315 rated miles is a RWD S (Performance or Non-Performance) ******

****** - 100 kWh RWD setups are non-standard and come with some caveats. If interested, contact us.

Check out our normal compatibility chart here: Tesla Model S/X Battery Upgrade Compatibility

Pack supercharges perfectly fine, not nerfed. I've seen it at 144 kW on my own test at the Hickory, NC V2 supercharger and held good numbers through the entire charge. So, probably a great option for anyone who needs faster supercharging on their nerfed 85.

Anyway, pretty good pack and we can do this one at a pretty decent price.

NOTE: These are NOT everyday upgrade prices. These prices apply to THIS PACK ONLY.

If you want this pack and you currently have (S or X):
  • RWD 60 (2012-2014) - $24,000. - (Result: 100*)
  • 60D, 70, or 70D - $21,000. - (Result: 100* or 100D)
  • 75 or 75D - $20,500. - (Result: 100* or 100D)
  • 85, P85 or 85D - $18,000 - (Result: 100* or 100D)
  • 90 or 90D - $18,000 - (Result: 100* or 100D)
  • P85D or P90D non-Ludicrous and don't want Ludicrous - $18,000 - (Result: P100D)
  • P85D or P90D non-Ludicrous and want Ludicrous - $19,000 - (Result: P100D)
  • P85D or P90D Ludicrous - $18,000 - (Result: P100D)
  • P100D, 100D - What are you doing here?
* - RWD cars with 100 packs are non-standard. While we can do this upgrade, we can't guarantee serviceability by Tesla or others after the upgrade, nor continued normal OTA software updates.

AGAIN: These are NOT everyday upgrade prices. These prices apply to THIS PACK ONLY. Prices for 100 kWh upgrades are generally much higher.

Your car has to be fully drivable and have no user-facing BMS errors for the above pricing to apply. Your vehicle's original pack is retained as a core and that is included in the pricing above. If you want to keep your core pack for whatever reason, or if for some reason your car doesn't have a working battery pack, a core charge applies. If your car has any battery or other HV issues, additional costs apply.

Additionally, you might want to get a suspension upgrade at the same time, if you don't have air suspension, to account for the added weight. This is optional and your discretion, but we'll disclaim any responsibility for suspension/alignment/etc if you opt not to do a suggested suspension upgrade.

The upgrade must be done at our shop. We can arrange transport for you, but you're be responsible for vehicle transport costs to/from our shop. However, we're offering a $500 credit towards the initial shipping cost when we handle booking vehicle shipping to our facility. Once work is complete, we can work with you on return transport, or you're welcome to come pickup and drive your vehicle home. With the improved supercharging speeds of a good 100 kWh pack, the trip wouldn't be too bad!

Finally, we're including a two-year 057 Battery Extended Service Plan with this upgrade, if you want it (requires install of our battery monitor and subject to terms of the plan). We don't currently offer this plan to 100 kWh folks publicly, so this is only available with this upgrade. (There may be a wait for the actual monitoring device, but since this pack is from us we'll cover any covered failures in the interim period.)

We can do this upgrade on any S/X, MCU1 or MCU2. Actual service time would be a few days, as we fully test everything, get the vehicle an alignment, etc.

This is not a general offer and is for this pack only. Pricing subject to change.

DM if interested, or contact us at 057 Tech. Post any questions below.

Thanks!

Edit: Somehow forgot about the 90s... fixed that

Last edited:
295 rated miles in a Dual Motor Performance S (Ludicrous+)

Nice!

Considering I'm getting 285-286 miles @100% on my P85D+ which was upgraded by wk057 to a P100D+, I think I'm doing pretty good for a 2016 100kWh battery!

Although last year I was getting about 288-289 miles @100% but then I did unfortunately loose 3 or 4 miles back in November when I let the car sit at 8% for about 17 hours.

1654016230761.png

1654016200320.png

I had just gotten home from a long trip and forgot to plug in the car overnight. Still, I'm super happy with the 100kWh battery upgrade!!

Glad to hear you can now do MCU2 upgrades. If anyone wants pure bang for the buck, you can't beat this upgrade.

Leaving the car sit at high (>93%) or low (<10%) SoC for extended periods is usually pretty bad. I'm not sure lose-4 miles of range in < 1 day bad, but a couple miles wouldn't be impossible in such a situation, depending on temps. Leaving at a higher SoC is worse than at a lower one for sure. My guess is in your case the BMS took some time while at the lower SoC to calibrate its per-brick capacity and IR estimates at that level (it does some fun stuff to do this using the bleeders and other data), and the end result was a slightly lower than originally estimated capacity. So, probably not fully the result of degradation from letting it sit. If you don't charge to 100% or drop to 0% under 10% every so often (at least a couple times per year), the BMS's estimate can drift a bit.

Odds on how long before someone buys this battery? I’ll take 8 hours from now or 21:30 EST.
😄 🤞

I don't think the last 100 upgrade I posted even lasted that long. 😉

But yeah, limited offer for sure. If it's something you're interested in, should jump on it. Probably be a while before I have another such deal. (Can do these normally, but pricing is almost +$10k regularly.)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Would the 0-60 time on a 70D improve significantly?

For sure. Not as much as a performance dual motor, of course, but yes. You would end up with a 100D, and can also likely "uncork" at that point for additional performance (depends on the vehicle).

We can upgrade non-performance cars to performance also...... but that total cost is usually too high to bother noting (you should probably just sell your car and buy a Plaid at that point.)

Having the only RWD, AP1, P100+ on the planet is so tempting...
Looks like you have a rare build already..... Depending on a few things and which drive unit you actually have back there... with the 100 upgrade could potentially bump that to ~600 HP RWD with some additional mods that might not be too ridiculous in your particular case. :cool:

Looks like you have a rare build already..... Depending on a few things and which drive unit you actually have back there... with the 100 upgrade could potentially bump that to ~600 HP RWD with some additional mods that might not be too ridiculous in your particular case. :cool:

Noisy drive unit replaced in Oct 17 with: ASY,P-TRAIN,RMN,MDLS,SPORT,CMC,HS (1025598-00-P)

Noisy drive unit replaced in Oct 17 with: ASY,P-TRAIN,RMN,MDLS,SPORT,CMC,HS (1025598-00-P)

Since that particular one is reman, they could have any performance inverter in there and not necessarily one related to the 2017 -P variant. I just went through the notes in my inventory system and we have had 9 of that exact part number, but 3 of them had inverters from pre-Q4'2014. So it'd be a bit of a coin toss if it's compatible without additional info (serial number or hardware ID from diagnostic screen or raw PT CAN log). S/N would need to start with T15B or higher.

@wk057 Can MCU2 upgraded cars take the 100KwH Pack from an 85?
We can do this on cars with MCU2, yes.

Will lifetime free supercharging still work on my P85D? And will I get fast supercharger times like a newer model? I get 50-60KWH charging speeds routinely even though I don’t use the SC that often.

Supercharging billing stuff isn't affected. If you have free supercharging, this doesn't change that. You'll get supercharging speeds the same as a 100D... peak should be at ~180 kW on a V3 (I don't have one nearby, so can't confirm this 100%), ~145 kW on a V2. Overall way better than what the 85s get nowadays.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec