Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki List of Strollers that Fit in Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen it. It's tiny. You never know what aspiring forum contributors are out there and have possibly found a stroller that does. Having no place to store a stroller negates the rear facing seats since the trunk or the backseat will be the only place for a folded stroller now. Baby #3 arrives in a month and a half. And I'm talking about a real baby and not another Model S, BTW.

That is exactly my thinking as well. Our frunk is used to store the full-size stroller 100% of the time with plenty of space for several bags additional bags. That allows the rear-facing seats to be utilized. and I made sure to not get the studio sound package so I have both wheel-well pockets for smaller items even when the rear-facing seats are used.

We only have one child now, and hopefully another on the way, so we can't replace the RWD Model S until all of our children are grown past the stroller age.

Bumping this thread up to ask -- does anyone have dimensions for the AWD frunk? Looking at the Babyzen YoYo (BABYZEN Official website), which lists dimensions of:
52 x 44 x 18cm (20 x 17 x 7 inches)

I suggest you have a look here. They were making fun in measuring the smaller frunk with banana, two in the regular non-D and one in the D variant. But more seriously, the frunk is indeed a lot smaller. I've seen real measurement somewhere, this need a new search perhaps...

In the mean time, see this and following posts: P85D sighting / test drives - Page 34

- - - Updated - - -

Try this:

Does any one know the D frunk dimensions? I can't seem to find them on the Tesla website.

Answer:

39" Wide x 17", by 9" high. That's at the widest point, it narrows towards the front obviously.

Wanted to add my contribution to the this thread for the parents out there.

The Bugaboo Cameleon base WILL fit in the frunk, but not along with the seat.
Bugaboo Cameleon in Tesla.jpg

We put the seat in the rear lower compartment of the trunk. It's kind of a pain in the rear... But it frees up the entire trunk for other stuff.

I can't fit any stroller into my new 90D as it has no space to tuck it into towards the windshield of the car. I assume this is because of the 90 battery upgrade? Which now results of not being able to fit any stroller into the frunk.

No. It is the front motor that impedes the frunk space. You need a single-motor RWD Model S if you want to fit a decent stroller in the frunk.

The FP notes the B.O.B. SE fits, but the Pro (the one with the handbrake) fits as well. The extra equipment required for the brake makes the fit REALLY tight around the edges of the microwave. It's just a fraction of an inch too big, so I tilted it very slightly and it slotted in just fine. I took the front wheel off, but I'm pretty sure it would have fit with it still attached (I have the original depth frunk).

• Informative
Reactions: ken830
The FP notes the B.O.B. SE fits, but the Pro (the one with the handbrake) fits as well. The extra equipment required for the brake makes the fit REALLY tight around the edges of the microwave. It's just a fraction of an inch too big, so I tilted it very slightly and it slotted in just fine. I took the front wheel off, but I'm pretty sure it would have fit with it still attached (I have the original depth frunk).

Great!

The new forum messed up my original table (blank cells not supported?), and there is no longer a way to edit old posts. Not sure how useful this thread is anymore with so few RWD cars now...

My wife and I have a second child now and I'm trying to figure out a way to put two non-umbrella strollers in the frunk.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Great!

The new forum messed up my original table (blank cells not supported?), and there is no longer a way to edit old posts. Not sure how useful this thread is anymore with so few RWD cars now...

My wife and I have a second child now and I'm trying to figure out a way to put two non-umbrella strollers in the frunk.
Might be a cool idea to msg the moderator and ask to convert it to a Wiki. We could then make columns for the different frunk sizes and checkmark them. Side bonus of you not having to personally maintain it. :)

Especially if we have some that fit in D frunks!

Reactions: hiroshiy
Might be a cool idea to msg the moderator and ask to convert it to a Wiki. We could then make columns for the different frunk sizes and checkmark them. Side bonus of you not having to personally maintain it. :)

Especially if we have some that fit in D frunks!

Great idea. I used the "Report" button to try to get a moderator's attention yesterday, but no response yet. Any idea how to find out who are the mods for this subforum?

Great idea. I used the "Report" button to try to get a moderator's attention yesterday, but no response yet. Any idea how to find out who are the mods for this subforum?
I think that's probably the best way, they might just be busy. It used to be easier to find out who the mods are. I don't see it anywhere now. If I recall correctly, AnOutsider is the mod for the Model S subforum, and doug_g is the board's lead moderator, so if you don't hear back soon you could try one of them.

We have a GB Pockit Stroller that fits in the D frunk vertically:

j0MFUzG.jpg

Or laying flat:

8q98C0h.jpg

It holds kids up to 55lbs. The sunshade leaves much to be desired, but it can't be beat for space. A marvel of engineering, really. There's really not much that could be done to make it smaller. There are two "folds" you can do. This is the more compact one that takes an extra ten seconds to open and close. The quicker fold essentially pops opens with gravity and pushing two buttons on the handles. If you use this option, the wheels swing out, adding to the length but it still fits easily. It might even be able to hold two.

GB Pockit Compact Stroller - GBChildUSA

Reactions: g211 and hiroshiy