Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki List of Strollers that Fit in Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Better pic for Peg Perego Book Classico, in a shorter frunk (VIN > 21270).

IMG_2982[1].JPG

Tesla model s orbit baby infant car seat questions

Hi kschramm,

my husband and i are considering to purchase model s and it will be greatly appreciated if you can answer our questions(we're expecting triplets and we have a son who is 25 month old. We are a current orbit baby user and thinking about getting two double orbit baby strollers):

1. I am assuming you only have experience with one car seat and one base. Based on your experience, do you think 3 orbit baby infant car seats w/ base will all fit in the 2nd row seat?

2. We went to a dealer today and I only felt 5 LATCH metal bars in the 2nd row seat, 2 on the seat behind the driver's seat, 2 on the seat behind the passenger's seat and one in the middle of the middle seat. I am not so worried about this as long as 3 infant car seats can fit all whether using the LATCH system or the seat belt. Have you installed the infant car seat with the seat belt?

TIA!

The Orbit Baby G2 also fits in the frunk, albeit snugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, bad link. Here's the actual photo.
View attachment 36743

I can't answer about fitting three Orbits side-by-side, but I just want you to note that you can only install 2 child seats simultaneously using LATCH. The third must be installed using the seat belt (which you already stated you are okay with). Refer to page 23 and 24 of the current Model S owner's manual.

thanks!

Thanks, ken830! the link to the manual really helps :) Yes, i'm okay installing using the seat belt - for orbit baby infant car seats, the round car seat base will be installed w/ the seat belt so that we can still use the infant car seat with the orbit round base. Now the only condition to check before making our mind to purchase is the space, whether 3 orbit car seat bases can be fit in the second row. I don't expect any extra room between 2 infant car seats to use the rotation ability while 3 car seats are all there. Can anyone help? Maybe I should start measuring my infant car seat attached to the base and see whether the 2nd row seat can fit 3...

I can't answer about fitting three Orbits side-by-side, but I just want you to note that you can only install 2 child seats simultaneously using LATCH. The third must be installed using the seat belt (which you already stated you are okay with). Refer to page 23 and 24 of the current Model S owner's manual.

Thanks, ken830! the link to the manual really helps :) Yes, i'm okay installing using the seat belt - for orbit baby infant car seats, the round car seat base will be installed w/ the seat belt so that we can still use the infant car seat with the orbit round base. Now the only condition to check before making our mind to purchase is the space, whether 3 orbit car seat bases can be fit in the second row. I don't expect any extra room between 2 infant car seats to use the rotation ability while 3 car seats are all there. Can anyone help? Maybe I should start measuring my infant car seat attached to the base and see whether the 2nd row seat can fit 3...

You're welcome. Regarding fitting three car seats, I've only seen one such case mentioned online. This thread was posted way back on the official Tesla Motors forums and included this photo from engadget:

W9Mp0aV.jpg

These are the Combi Cocorros, which are especially compact car seats designed to fit in smaller vehicles. And they are 17-inch wide according to the specifications on the Combi website I linked. I checked the G2 infant car seat specs here and didn't see the dimensions. You should get some measurements of the actual seat to get a good idea if it's even worth trying. Good luck. Hope this helps. And congratulations on triplets! My wife and I are barely surviving raising one child.

Last edited:
You're welcome. Regarding fitting three car seats, I've only seen one such case mentioned online. This thread was posted way back on the official Tesla Motors forums and included this photo from engadget:

W9Mp0aV.jpg

These are the Combi Cocorros, which are especially compact car seats designed to fit in smaller vehicles. And they are 17-inch wide according to the specifications on the Combi website I linked. I checked the G2 infant car seat specs here and didn't see the dimensions. You should get some measurements of the actual seat to get a good idea if it's even worth trying. Good luck. Hope this helps. And congratulations on triplets! My wife and I are barely surviving raising one child.

If you can do it, I'd recommend taking the bases to the showroom and actually strapping them in. It's hard to really get a feel for how much space there is using just a measuring tape, and there's a lot of nuance (like, how easy is it to buckle and/or (in your case) slot the seats in when one or two are already installed?

I took our booster seats to the showroom and it was enough to convince me that you could get 3 across in a pinch. That swung the balance for me.

Here are a few photos of the Babyjogger City Elite in the frunk.
This is a car produced this summer, so it has the "new" (smaller) frunk.

bevy8eby.jpg

8azesuje.jpg

As you can see it fits nicely, with all three wheels attached, and there is even some room left for other stuff.

Here are a few photos of the Babyjogger City Elite in the frunk.
This is a car produced this summer, so it has the "new" (smaller) frunk.

As you can see it fits nicely, with all three wheels attached, and there is even some room left for other stuff.

Thanks for remembering to come back with photos! I've added them to the table.

With the announcement of the D option last week, it looks like we should be anticipating a third frunk size. When the details of the frunk are known, I'll revamp the table to better indicate which size frunk each stroller has been tested with.

"Mamas & Papas Urbo2" stroller won't fit. The frame is an inch or 2 wider than the microwave.
"Mamas & Papas Mylo2" stroller will fit. But you have to separate the chair from the frame (in most cases you have to before you fold it anyway).

Edit: I also wanted to confirm that Britax B-Agile fits easily.

Our kids are out of strollers now, but from what I remember convenience is key. Being able to fold a stroller with one arm and put it in the car is a huge benefit when trying to juggle kids (twins in our case), a stroller, and groceries in a busy parking lot. Having to take a wheel off any stroller, while not a big deal in and of itself, is something you want to avoid if you can.

Our kids are out of strollers now, but from what I remember convenience is key. Being able to fold a stroller with one arm and put it in the car is a huge benefit when trying to juggle kids (twins in our case), a stroller, and groceries in a busy parking lot. Having to take a wheel off any stroller, while not a big deal in and of itself, is something you want to avoid if you can.

Completely agree.

Have you seen the D frunk? I'm not sure any stroller will fit at all.

I have seen it. It's tiny. You never know what aspiring forum contributors are out there and have possibly found a stroller that does. Having no place to store a stroller negates the rear facing seats since the trunk or the backseat will be the only place for a folded stroller now. Baby #3 arrives in a month and a half. And I'm talking about a real baby and not another Model S, BTW.