Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Londonderry NH Sales/Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I think there’s a loophole somewhere.

I’ve purchased from Herb Chambers Audi and BMW many times. There is a slight delivery delay because they have to register the car but I’ve done it. They have to hand you the car with Maine/NH plates
A friend's post-retirement job was to deliver cars to out-of-state buyers for a MA dealer so they could avoid MA sales tax. For NH residents, he generally drove the car to the buyer's town hall (since the first NH reg step is paying the town taxes) where they did the registration and swapped payment/keys.

Then how have I been able to buy many different BMWs and Audis out of Mass? And no, I never paid Mass sales tax.
FWIW, we've bought a MS and two Volts in MA. Picked up the 2014 MS in Watertown, before the state got involved. Drove home the first Volt in 2015 from a used car dealer. The second was last December from a full Chevy dealership. Didn't pay MA tax on any of those vehicles. Finishing the paperwork with the dealership's finance guy, I asked about NH resident purchases, MA taxes, and Tesla. He said if you have out of state plates or a way to get the vehicle off their lot....they won't itemize MA tax on a sale to a NH resident. Suppose your mileage may vary dealer to dealer. He also speculated that Tesla has plenty of tax eyeballs on them in MA....probably not enough incentive for them to rock the boat. Seems the last few years Tesla MA might've been able to pursue a delivery work around for VT, NH, ME. With Londonderry opening late next year, it's a moot point.

FWIW, we've bought a MS and two Volts in MA. Picked up the 2014 MS in Watertown, before the state got involved. Drove home the first Volt in 2015 from a used car dealer. The second was last December from a full Chevy dealership. Didn't pay MA tax on any of those vehicles. Finishing the paperwork with the dealership's finance guy, I asked about NH resident purchases, MA taxes, and Tesla. He said if you have out of state plates or a way to get the vehicle off their lot....they won't itemize MA tax on a sale to a NH resident. Suppose your mileage may vary dealer to dealer. He also speculated that Tesla has plenty of tax eyeballs on them in MA....probably not enough incentive for them to rock the boat. Seems the last few years Tesla MA might've been able to pursue a delivery work around for VT, NH, ME. With Londonderry opening late next year, it's a moot point.
Rivian delivered my friends truck at the service center in Boston. It had a temp tag from IL, and we drove to a park down the road to do paperwork. That way, it was technically not delivered at the service center. Was fascinating!

Finally have a permit application for this project as of yesterday! Note - the permit application was just filed - it hasn't been issued yet.

1704841364640.png

Any idea if there will be superchargers onsite for customers who are not getting service? This is often a problem.
I don't know, but. Quite often not.
However:
Manchester, CT (V3 8 stalls) is 4.5/6.7 miles away.
Salem, NH (V3 12 stalls) is under construction 18.4 miles away
Tyngsborough, MA (V3 12 stalls) is 20.6 miles away.

Showroom/service center will be at the address with the green blob:

1707160119677.png

Manchester supercharger is ~4.5miles away - and to the north (also servicing east and west) which is the direction that any who needs charging after service is likely going. If you pull into service with less than 2kwh remaining, I'll bet you can beg for their (level 2) mercy to get you enough to get around the airport perimeter

if one is just traveling through and needs a charge, the Manchester supercharger site is much more 'on the way' than this service center site.

• Informative
Reactions: philw1776
I believe NH finally has positive news regarding a Tesla service center/sales center coming to Londonderry. I had some spare time today, 2/21/24 so I went to the Londonderry, NH Town Hall and inquired about Tesla building in Londonderry. I was told that Tesla's site plan had been approved ( 50,000 sqft building) Who knows what lies between site plan approval and being granted permits to build and the eventual Telsa center being opened to the public. It certainly seems that Tesla may be coming to town. When remains to be seen. What is interesting is that I drove by what I believe to be the Tesla site, and it's in very close proximity to MHT airport. ( Air freight companies fly in and out of MHT all the time. is in very close proximity to the Manchester Airport. I drove by the site address I was given by Londonderry, was going to send my drone up for a couple of photos, but the FAA didn't think that was a good idea<:) It's been proven Tesla can move quickly on projects when they're allowed to do so. I was told by Londonderry that hat Tesla hadn't pulled any permits, but I did drive by what I believe could be the site and ground clearing /leveled is happening now.

Permit Issued on Tuesday. There are a couple other permits issued. No Documents.

View attachment 1023172
There is progress. I stopped a few minutes ago. A lot of excavation work going on. Drainage structures and fill being delivered.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    935.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2628.jpeg
    IMG_2628.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    545.8 KB · Views: 16