Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to cancel order due to removal of USS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched my order to "existing inventory" when I found out my car wasn't going to come with radar back in 2021. It took them about a year or so to figure Vision Only out (and it still never reached parity with radar). It was good enough to turn off my radar though. I can't say I'm super happy about it, but at least I didn't get a car missing features for a bit.

I totally understand why people feel that way. Tesla shouldn't do this stuff until they figure out how to make the replacement work. The thing is, their cars are in such high demand they can get away with doing it though that's slowly changing.

It played a role in me deciding not to get an M3P (yet). It's not off the table, but my particular setup in my garage makes me use USS for my 2nd car. My MY just bumps against a tennis ball ;)

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Lol well guess what? Update 2022.44.11 includes the new Tesla Vision Park Assist. So everyone that canceled/rejected their cars because of no USS can now get back in line to order.
Yet to be seen how well it works. Cameras can guesstimate distance for things they've seen, but cannot know distances to things below their vision level, which is a huge area in front of the car.

Reactions: positiv
Cancel while you can. Everyday its a frustration not having them. I wish I cancelled my order. This car is a mass production money maker, but it fails to deliver stuff that you had on your cars for more than a decade. USS and automatic wipers being the worst. Just cancel you will regret if you don't.
I've been driving since the early 80's. My first car had a choke and an 8 track am/fm radio. Since then, I have owned just about every kind of car, motorcycle and truck there is. Would I like USS? Sure. But I grew up without any kind of electronic assistance in my cars, so it doesn't bother me and I can get along without them.
If USS is the defining factor of whether or not you buy a car, then the Tesla is not for you. I'm sure in this market, you could sell yours for a tidy profit. No?

The wife's MYP is the first one with more than a backup camera that I've driven. I still don't use the aids, always catch myself turning my head to reverse out instead of the cameras.

Analog driving is gonna be a lost skill one day.... lmao.
While I agree all us older drivers did great by turning our heads to make sure it's safe to proceed, I do appreciate the extra cameras and sensors because they don't build cars like they used to.

Our 2021 Y is parked in the garage next to old Betsy, a 2006 Lexus ES 330. Cars from Betsy's era, and the early 1990s, were designed with a very open greenhouse. Big windows and thin pillars made it easy to see around you.

In the interest of safety, vehicle design evolved and car doors were made thicker and taller for more crash protection. Correspondiny, windows became shorter, pillars got thicker, front and rear windshields became steeper for better aerodynamics. Cars are much safer today in a crash than decades ago but today's vehicles almost require cameras and proximity sensors because you can't see your surroundings as well with the reduction in glass and dark factory tint.

Reactions: GoVols! and voxel
I've been driving since the early 80's. My first car had a choke and an 8 track am/fm radio. Since then, I have owned just about every kind of car, motorcycle and truck there is. Would I like USS? Sure. But I grew up without any kind of electronic assistance in my cars, so it doesn't bother me and I can get along without them.
If USS is the defining factor of whether or not you buy a car, then the Tesla is not for you. I'm sure in this market, you could sell yours for a tidy profit. No?
Or maybe Tesla should've sorted out the vision assist before removing the USS....

Would they have released the car at all without USS from the beginning? No...so your statement about Tesla not being the car for them is ridiculous....

Or maybe Tesla should've sorted out the vision assist before removing the USS....

Would they have released the car at all without USS from the beginning? No...so your statement about Tesla not being the car for them is ridiculous....
I agree, they should have. But I also think that those that canceled their orders simply because of the lack of USS (and how often do you really need them?) are short-sighted and missing out on a lot.

Would they have released their cars without USS from the beginning? Who knows? My last name is not Musk and I'm not a senior engineer at Tesla. But, I'd hazard to guess you aren't either. So, I'll raise you a 'ridiculous'.

Reactions: Yelobird
Would they have released their cars without USS from the beginning? Who knows? My last name is not Musk and I'm not a senior engineer at Tesla. But, I'd hazard to guess you aren't either. So, I'll raise you a 'ridiculous'.
Don't need to be either...Would any car today at 60k be released without USS? The answer is no....And hey, they included it originally because they knew they needed it...Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.