Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of connectivity Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no, more likely AT&T spotty service. They have been having some difficulties lately keeping the network up that Tesla utilizes. Also, if you go out of range of their towers, e.g the northern CA coast, you 'drive off the map' quite frequently. I take it as a badge of honor getting to a place the car has no idea where it is lol.

I'm beginning to think that most of the problems I have been having is with my car. Everything started to wig out on me two days ago. My turn signal flasher started to go off at about 5 beats/second, then would not turn off at all. My bluetooth and LTE would both shutdown simultaneously and re-initialize 2-3x/day. I rebooted and been okay for the last two days.

Nope. It has been happening to me almost every other day now.

Had to reboot again yesterday in order to get 3G connectivity. I called the SC.. They said they are not hearing problems with connectivity issues.. I told him there were a bunch of people complaining about it on this forum. He said that I should let them know any time I have an issue and that others need to report it as well. Hopefully they can figure out what is going on and get it corrected.

no, more likely AT&T spotty service. They have been having some difficulties lately keeping the network up that Tesla utilizes. Also, if you go out of range of their towers, e.g the northern CA coast, you 'drive off the map' quite frequently. I take it as a badge of honor getting to a place the car has no idea where it is lol.

I am very familiar with the coverage in the area where I live, work, and play. AT&T does not have coverage problems in these areas. I do know where the hand full of dead spots are in these areas. So, based on my years of experience in these areas I don't "think" its a coverage problem. AT&T might be having some isolated issues here and there. When I can dive for 20-30 minutes in these areas and not get a connected and then pull over, reboot the big screen and get full coverage immediately as soon as the reboot completes I have a hard time blaming it on AT&T and not my MS.

I am not seeing connection problems on any cars I manage. Doesn't mean that you guys aren't. But this means it's not a network issue, and more like a firmware issue or RF. Please post your software version when you report connectivity issues so others can compare. There may be one of the point releases released recently that has some issues.

Remember that Tesla does not use AT&T, they use Cisco's Jasper network which is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) for M2M or IoT service, so upstream from the radio access network (RAN) from the towers it's all Jasper and Tesla, not AT&T, different APN. This is why in the same location an AT&T SIM device may work fine whereas an MVNO one may not, or vice versa. There are any places other that the cell part of the network where things can and do go wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I am not seeing connection problems on any cars I manage. Doesn't mean that you guys aren't. But this means it's not a network issue, and more like a firmware issue or RF. Please post your software version when you report connectivity issues so others can compare. There may be one of the point releases released recently that has some issues.

Mine is 2.34.100 which was installed just over a week ago. Prior to that I was running 2.28.60 which exhibited the same issue.