Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low speed pedestrian warning sounds coming soon

Do you like the new proposed Tesla low speed pedestrian warning sounds?

• Yes good idea

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • No bad idea

Votes: 48 68.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All electric cars will be getting low speed pedestrian warning sounds in the near future - this is what the Model 3 might sound likee:
This Is What A Tesla Will Soon Sound Like At Low Speeds | CleanTechnica

Not sure about this, it seems to be a good idea for visualy impaired pedestrians, but how far do you go down that route? It also encourges all pedestrians not to look and drivers to rapidly acceleration to above 18mph to avoid the noise.

I voted no, since there is no data that shows there are fewer accidents with pedestrians as a direct result of such noisemakers. I believe it is dangerous for unsighted people to rely on noise alone to determine when it’s safe to cross a street. Finally, there is enough noise pollution in urban areas without adding more.

I kinda hate that my car is going to have this. I'm hoping someone figures out an easy way to disable.
Yup, same here.

So I'm hoping that it becomes something we can have fun with, and have a wide selection of sounds we can play. I would love to be able to pump the "Emissions Testing Mode" sounds out of the front of the car.

Maybe it'll be possible to insert a little Arduino box into the line to detect the signal and replace the sound with whatever we want.
I heard somebody slapped some duct tape over the speaker hole and cut the sound by 50%. I bet a simple fix would be to remove that plastic cover from the bottom and tape some acoustic foam between the speaker and the plastic grill. No sound, no wire tampering, nice easy fix. Keeps water out too! :)