Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the air suspensions on the MS.
If money was no object I would. Heck, I would have gone for the AWD Performance if I had the funds.
I’m reaching the cap on my car fund this year. Maybe next year..

Just the convenience of airing up/down puts your mind at ease driving over speed bumps and driveways. I'd hate to scrape & damage the batteries with them being located where they are. Very likely to go with Air Lift. Just waiting to hear back on any possible fitment issues with the PM3. Maybe I'll be the first M3 on bags. :cool:

Reactions: Twincam23
8224C7DB-00D8-4590-9B6A-B5565EBC920E.png
Looks like Eibach just release theirs with 1.2” drop for $269.10. I called and they will do install and alignment for $400. Mon-Fri two time slots 8am and noon.

Hi All,

We will be manufacturing AWD Springs. They will likely NOT be the same as the current RWD Lowering Springs due to the motor in front and weight distribution.

Here's what happens to a Model S Dual Motor (when installing springs meant for for RWD Model S).
  • Increased front lowering
  • Rear raises up due to a lighter weight Motor Unit.
  • = "demon drop" "raked"
85D on T Sportline springs-1280.JPG

Decisions decisions... anybody going to try out the Eibach springs soon? Trying to decide between the Eibachs and Tsports springs but would love to get a comparison or at least read a review and see some final pics of the Eibachs before deciding.

Sounds like Eibachs will he about $80 cheaper and the direct install price of $400 ain't half bad if i do the 2 hr drive. Thoughts fellas?

Reactions: dgaultiere
Decisions decisions... anybody going to try out the Eibach springs soon? Trying to decide between the Eibachs and Tsports springs but would love to get a comparison or at least read a review and see some final pics of the Eibachs before deciding.

Sounds like Eibachs will he about $80 cheaper and the direct install price of $400 ain't half bad if i do the 2 hr drive. Thoughts fellas?
Same here. Really interested in Tsportd and then Eibachs just came out, it’s cheaper overall, they just need to also have an alignment shop onsite, yay

Anyone know the spring rates for stocks and aftermarket ones?

Same here. Really interested in Tsportd and then Eibachs just came out, it’s cheaper overall, they just need to also have an alignment shop onsite, yay

Anyone know the spring rates for stocks and aftermarket ones?
I'm going to contact (maybe visit) Eibach today for more details. Corona is only 30 minutes away and their pricing is fair. Their car looks a bit lower than the cars with TSportline springs. I favor the TSportline drop which I think looks like the stock setup should have from the start yet not obviously lowered. I'm not into the "slammed" look...I just want it to look "right". Even with the slightly larger 245/40-19 rubber my M3 has way too much wheel well gap.
0620181108b.jpg

So to clarify, i just called Eibach as well and was told the springs will cost $324 as well. He said that last week someone had accidentally quoted and posted the wrong price of $269, so they honored it for those who ordered last week, but going forward the price is now $324 + shipping. Not sure if they are just raising price due to demand, but that's their story as of now. The install and alignment price of $400 is accurate though for those in the area.

That said, based on this seems like price difference is no longer a factor (except if your local, then install cost from Eibach is much cheaper), so comes down to what drop looks and performs better overall. So look forward to your review dralusion!

I ordered my Eibach springs this morning and just picked them up and quickly unboxed them to take a look at them. But for now I have to wait to install them since I am waiting for the jack pads that I ordered for the Model 3 so that I don't cause any damage to the jack points and potentially the battery pack. The jack pack won't arrive until next Monday so the earliest I will be able to install the springs is two weekends from now.

The wait is going to kill me.

Here are some pics of the Eibach springs for now.

IMG_1154.JPG
IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1158.JPG

Does the bump stop need to be trimmed for the UP and Tsportline springs? What's the purpose of trimming the bump stop?

I'm assuming since the car is lower and the shock is the same length it would potentially hit the bump stops more often at max spring compression. By trimming the bump stops, that would give you another 20-25mm shock travel before hitting the bump stop.

Reactions: tracksyde
TSportline springs with 15mm BLOX Sport spacers all around (thanks @mpt). Installed today at VIBE Motorsports in Burbank, CA. $400 out the door. I'm loving the stance, and the handling already feels noticeably tighter, sportier. The fender gap has closed to where I'm happy with it. The 1" drop is perfect for my taste. The Eibach 1.2" or Unplugged Moderate 1.5" drop might be the preference of others, but the new stance with the springs and spacers I went with has truly completed the look I hoped for from day one. Good luck to all those who are adding mods to their 3s, whatever they may be. We're a lucky bunch! :D

TSportline Drop (1).jpg

TSportline Drop (2).jpg

TSportline Drop (3).jpg