Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome fritzner another question are you going to also add wheel spacer with the springs?

I've got BLOX 15/20mm spacers on now - pic below. It looks WAY better with the spacers, but the fender gap is still just atrocious.
Can't wait to get the Eibachs on ... it will so much better.

Attachments

• 2020-03-22 14.48.25.jpg
    2020-03-22 14.48.25.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 394
I'll be installing them myself.
I would LOVE new wheels, but NO budget for that at the moment. Also can't decide what to get. I really love something like staggered 20" VMR V710, but they definitely will kill the range. I also really like the look of the stock sport wheels. 20" are cool, but 19" are easier to run year around. T-Sportline has some cool wheels too ... so I'm clearly all over the place, but since I have no money it doesn't really matter at the moment.

E10-87-001-04-22 is the correct springs for the SR. I've read quite a bit and from what I have gathered there is NOT a reverse rake with the Eibach. That seems to have come from early SRs installing LR RWD springs.

Here are some wheel set ups that I am currently drooling over...

Good on you for DIY install. It's really not that difficult. Just pay close attention to the orientation of everything, especially when you take the front strut assembly apart.

Staggered 20s look great but more detrimental than the range hit is the increased potential to bend a wheel. I agree on the stock wheels - they really suit the car - but I transferred my stock 19s to snow duty since they are actually a bit on the heavy side. Just make sure that whatever wheels you eventually get, don't get anything heavier than stock. At minimum keep it the same weight or ideally lighter but light = dollar signs. T-Sp[ortline does have some nice looking wheels but some of them are quite heavy as well.

Reactions: fritzner
I finally got the AWD/P Eibach Spring kit item #: E10-87-001-02-22 ~1" all the way around.

IMO its about right it takes away that excessive gap and your car is still functional. The car is noticeably stiffer and there is more road noise. Camber on the rear increased ~ -0.07 and ~-0.05 on the front.

Its raining so i haven't done any high speed cornering but i'm hoping it wont be quite as floaty.

Pre whole.jpg
Post.jpg

Post Front.jpg Post Rear.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got the AWD/P Eibach Spring kit item #: E10-87-001-02-22 ~1" all the way around.

IMO its about right it takes away that excessive gap and your car is still functional. The car is noticeably stiffer and there is more road noise. Camber on the rear increased ~ -0.07 and ~-0.05 on the front.

Its raining so i haven't done any high speed cornering but i'm hoping it wont be quite as floaty.

View attachment 529409 View attachment 529410

View attachment 529415 View attachment 529416
Is it just me or is your rear a bit raked? Can you post more pictures? thanks

Now THAT drop looks good. Can't tell but it looks pretty even (very Porsche-esque). Any more info? I had H&R's on my Audi's years ago. How are you liking it? Any profile images you can share of the car?
2F2CB223-3A20-4E0A-93D7-39B867E9CC5F.jpeg

I had H&R springs on an my Audi RS4 and RS5 and was pleased with both drops and ride quality. For the M3P it was an easy choice for me.

BTW if anyone is looking, I have an extra set of unused H&R springs and spacers for M3P ...PM me if interested. I mistakenly ordered two sets.

Reactions: Motron3030
View attachment 533510
I had H&R springs on an my Audi RS4 and RS5 and was pleased with both drops and ride quality. For the M3P it was an easy choice for me.

BTW if anyone is looking, I have an extra set of unused H&R springs and spacers for M3P ...PM me if interested. I mistakenly ordered two sets.

I might be interested in the spacers. What are the specs on those?

Is it just me or is your rear a bit raked? Can you post more pictures? thanks

The street is actually slanted up hill a few degrees so i think it gives the appearance of a slight reverse rake in the previous picture posted.

When measured ground to fender lip the front is 26 7/8 The rear is 27". IF you measure from the ground to the bottom of the "painted" rocker the front is 5 1/4" and the rear is 5 1/2". There is a blk "splash guard" on the rear rocker panel that is lower but is not really visible which is actually lower.

Lowered - i'm bad at taking pictures and dont take a lot
IMG_20200407_193922.jpg
Post 2.jpg

Reactions: Firehuntah
The street is actually slanted up hill a few degrees so i think it gives the appearance of a slight reverse rake in the previous picture posted.

When measured ground to fender lip the front is 26 7/8 The rear is 27". IF you measure from the ground to the bottom of the "painted" rocker the front is 5 1/4" and the rear is 5 1/2". There is a blk "splash guard" on the rear rocker panel that is lower but is not really visible which is actually lower.

Lowered - i'm bad at taking pictures and dont take a lot
View attachment 533580 View attachment 533581

When you get a chance could you take a pic from outside where its not slanted up a hill? Cheers

Looks great, thank you! Doesn't seem like they have for SR+ models unfortunately.

View attachment 533510