TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lowest price Model S yet in Oz? MY2016 60D for $67K

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by nigwil, Dec 14, 2018.

1. PJF000

PJF000 Member

What did you report?
    He may be renovating, the exotic cars may all be financed while they devalue. He states that the car has been written off. The only thing disputable is that he says it can be upgraded to a 75 from being a 60.
    Anyone who buys it will be in the same position as he was when he bought it at auction - buyer beware, except there may be some recourse if they have bought it where the offer was deceptive, misleading or not as represented.

2. Renewablekid

Renewablekid Member

Doesn’t state anything about the previous damage and has constantly changed the story on Carsales. Used to read “my wife drove it into a trolley bay”. Yeah after the damage report I don’t think so buddy.

• Like x 1
  3. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

and photos.

• Like x 1
  4. paulp

paulp Active Member

Todays comments should trigger another round of entertainment......

• Funny x 2
  5. PJF000

PJF000 Member

need to be mindful of what is said on a public forum - especially with new entrants to the forum.

• Like x 1
  6. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I am waiting with anticipation.....

• Like x 1
  7. paulp

paulp Active Member

I very much doubt that anything dark vader has said or threatened is going to be helpful to a first time reader, other than for entertainment value. Its appropriate that first time readers are not fooled by such stupidity.

• Like x 1
  8. Vegas

Vegas Member

Push, poke, poke - no response.....

I love Tesla, particularly their customer service and after sales support - they have the highest integrity and never do anything wrong.

• Funny x 1
  9. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Moderators Note:
    The purpose of this Forum is to learn more and civilly discuss issues surrounding Tesla, its cars and associated issues.
    Inciting reaction from other forum member for the sake of entertainment is definitely not what this Forum is about.
    I will take all necessary action to enforce this.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Same deal re @DARK_VADAR , tables could be turned on the one we are all reacting to no?

Plus, whilst a little tongue and cheek in my post it was factual whilst the aforementioned "posts" are not....

11. Vegas

Vegas Member

There is only one person that hasn't demonstrated civility, reasonableness and a preparedness to learn from others.

12. DARK_VADAR

DARK_VADAR Banned

I got the Tesla app access , "HHAHA had to include that in too" what daily rant ? you werent treated how the company treated me , so you won't know or ever will! I'm sure this is not the first person to rant and definitely will not be the last from my experience of dealing with such rubbish people (Tesla Sydney) its just that nobody who had them bad experiences was bothered or is a member in this forum ! they probably went straight to their lawyers and had the issue resolved that same week!

13. DARK_VADAR

DARK_VADAR Banned

So the fact I "changed my ad" is somehow , morally or legally or some mentally disturbed way to you "wrong" SMFH! I changed photos coz I thought it would make the car look better, big whoopidy do ! I changed some details on the ad to better inform people of my car, are you people just here waiting for a one slip up to jump on me then to post a "mental health help line number" you do realise on my part it really makes you look sad and bored with your lives right? "what level do you think im on 1 ?" yeah I reacted to you being rude and put you all in your place so it was worth it!

Anyway, I am selling not just one car, im selling three! I do have a major renovation that is going on soon and need the money, I don't go to banks for there money hence me selling off my assets that I can to do so. Everyone so quick to jump to conclusions and assumptions, ever occur to you that what I do or buy , sell, renovate may not be any of any of you business ?????

14. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Moderators note
    Despite my warning above both sides seem unable to talk civilly.
    I am locking this thread so all parties can calm down.

• Like x 3
  15. ittah

ittah Member

I believe it’s now 92k.

16. DBPhil

DBPhil Member

Haven’t read the entire thread, although it does seem to have entertainment value, but the seller of this vehicle contacted me a few days ago asking if I was ‘still’ interested in purchasing (I enquired on it some months ago). Was $68k then I believe - great to see Tesla’s are appreciating in value!

• Funny x 1
  17. Tension

Tension Member

I noticed this too. Also a change in the ad with a lot of misleading information:

"...the car merely had a front bumper scratch..."
    No it didn't, as the photos we have on this thread clearly show it as being much more than a scratch.

"Unfortunately Tesla has a policy to protect itself which is completely understandable that states any vehicle with a status such as mine, they cancel "SuperCharging and Warranty", is it an issue ? not really as teslas all come out with a 4 year warranty which effectively would expire in 11 months which is negligible. Do I see this car falling apart in the next 11 months ? I highly and unlikely doubt it , teslas have been demonstrated to last over 800,000kms!!! probably why Tesla is so confident to give an 8 year warranty on the motors and batteries knowing the reliability of such a sturdy designed built car."
    This is misleading as it implies that in 11 months any warranty would have expired, which is not true; the battery and drive-train warranty would have had another 4 years on it, where as now it doesn't have that at all; the potential buyer is missing out on 4 years of battery and drive-train warranty.

"working now with Tesla to get the fast charging option reinstated"
    Given that the seller was banned from Tesla in Sydney I find this unlikely, but plausible.

"Car is on latest software updated May 2019 vis Tesla"
    Well there must have been some sort of reconciliation if this is the case.

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  18. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

anybody that buys the car and believes it had "merely a front bumper scratch" and that Tesla then cancelled all service/warranty/updates to the car would have to be terribly stupid....

19. Jez_Data

Jez_Data New Member

It just sold!!!

20. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

And we have a winner, poor sap....

Can’t wait until the purchaser makes their way here, I’ll be handing over the legal means to slap the seller in hot water (maybe even fraud, therefore jail time)