Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowest price Model S yet in Oz? MY2016 60D for $67K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to believe that carsales.com.au doesn't require their ads to show that a vehicle is a repairable write-off. Marking the ad as suspicious doesn't seem to do anything either to remove or improve the information in the ad.

Obviously the seller is keen to deceive buyers by not disclosing the most important aspect of the vehicle's history - it's a repairable write-off.

The vehicle is also unregistered. If, as one of the previous posts stated, the owner was the one who crashed the vehicle, why did they cancel the registration? That story is probably BS along with the ad's lack of information about the vehicle history.

I reckon the car was bought as a wreck at auction in Victoria, repaired and now for sale in a different state. The seller was also selling a $58,000 Mercedes the other day that also had no plates and the same "No finance buyers" line to avoid any scrutiny from third parties who would look into the vehicles history before risking loaning money on a potential lemon.

PPSR search review the following
VIN 5YJSB7E21GF151253
Year/Month of compliance 2016-08
VIC, 01 Oct 2018, Repairable Write-off
• I01D [Impact | Passenger front | Light structural]
• I06A [Impact | Passenger side | Heavy panel]
• I17D [Impact | Chassis/structural rail (passenger) | Light structural]
• I22D [Impact | A pillar passenger | Light structural]
Thought?

It might be worth a gamble. It's a very good deal for that money, and can probably be upgraded to a 75D.
It will be hard to sell, but if you're planning to keep it it might be worth it.
Scrap cars with intact batteries sell for $30,000 or so, and this thing is roadworthy.

It might be worth a gamble. It's a very good deal for that money, and can probably be upgraded to a 75D.
It will be hard to sell, but if you're planning to keep it it might be worth it.
Scrap cars with intact batteries sell for $30,000 or so, and this thing is roadworthy.

For all the risk takers:

Unsupported or Salvaged Vehicle Policy
An unsupported or salvaged vehicle is a vehicle that has been declared a total loss, commonly after extensive damage caused by a crash, flooding, fire, or similar hazard, and has been (or qualifies to be) registered and/or titled by its owner as a salvaged vehicle or its equivalent pursuant to local jurisdiction or industry practice. Salvage registration/titling typically can never be removed from the vehicle so that all future persons understand the condition and value of the vehicle. Tesla does not warrant the safety or operability of salvaged vehicles. Repairs performed to bring a salvaged vehicle back into service may not meet Tesla standards or specifications and that is why the vehicle is unsupported. Consequently, any failures, damages, or injuries occurring as a result of such repairs or continued operation of an unsupported vehicle are solely the responsibility of the vehicle owner.

Until Tesla can confirm that the vehicle is in compliance with Tesla’s safety standards and vehicle specifications, Tesla does not perform or support repairs involving the HV (high-voltage) battery systems in the vehicle because of the potential for the salvage vehicle to have sustained damage that:

• Makes the vehicle unsafe to drive
  • Makes the vehicle unsafe for any repair technicians that might work on the vehicle
  • Might damage Tesla equipment, such as Superchargers
When a vehicle is classified as a salvaged vehicle:

• Any Tesla limited warranties and extended service agreements for the vehicle are void.
    NOTE: Repairs due to recalls will be performed unless the safe repair of the vehicle is prevented either by the condition of the vehicle or by vehicle modifications not installed by Tesla. If the Tesla Service Center determines that the vehicle is not safe to repair, the recall-related repair will not be performed until the customer has returned the vehicle to a condition that the Service Center determines is safe to repair.
  • Supercharging is permanently disabled.
  • Parts availability is not affected. Any Unrestricted or Over-the-Counter part may be purchased for a salvage-titled vehicle.
  • A “Salvage-Titled Vehicle HV Safety Inspection” may be performed (at the customer’s expense) on the vehicle to determine if the HV-related components are safe to work on or access.
For more information about this policy, please contact a Tesla Service Center.

So there's every likelihood that, because it's unsupported, Tesla wouldn't even upgrade it to 75D.

Yep no upgrade, no super charging. Potentially no software upgrades either. This guy bought it cheap and fixed it up hoping to flip it for a profit but didnt realise Tesla’s are not like other cars in that there’s a lot of software control from Tesla. Look at all the videos on the web and the controversy around right to repair in the USA.

Steer clear of this one and just let the original risk taker enjoy his car.

Reactions: Tension
Seems the person who bought it didn't do their due diligence and is now trying to make Tesla fix it. Apparently got himself banned from the Sydney service centres and police called... Tesla will for sure go out of their way to NOT help him after an encounter like that I'm sure.
Wow, that’s crazy.
I suppose the buyer must be pretty distressed about the money he’s wasted.