Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowest price Model S yet in Oz? MY2016 60D for $67K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that’s crazy.
I suppose the buyer must be pretty distressed about the money he’s wasted.

I think the person selling the car in the carsales ad "Alex" is the same person complaining about Tesla in the other thread.

Im not sure it ever did get sold, sounds like he is keeping it and attempting to sue Tesla and not taking and responsiblity for not doing his due diligence.

I am the owner of this car all of you have been talking about! and the damage to it was a front guard fender literally cosmetic and a scratch to the front bumper. I have removed the ad off Carsales and am going after Tesla correct! Why? because when Tesla finds a fault or patch in there cars software that deems the car "unsafe and or hackable" by Chinese hackers as previously demonstrated, then Tesla has an obligation to patch / update offer that software to ensure the car is safe. I am not sure if my car is affected or if it is vulnerable to that and I will need to do more research on since the date of manufacture all the updates that have been pushed out to cars are any of them in relation to safety or faults etc, or just changing fonts and colours etc around. If the former then Tesla will have to update and if not the court will make them, I will also be asking for costs, as I had a buyer at $72,000 and now have the car ad on hold and lost that buyer, if the car sells less that will be the compensation im asking for along with legal costs, and other costs the lawyers may ask or the judge awards. Department of fair trading is involved as well as the ACCC, I am contacting a current affair tonight and parking my car right out the front of North Sydney Tesla and putting posters on the front and back windscreen "WORSTE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED" and then on the back windscreen go into every single detail as to what this company has done to me, I will leave it there until the court case is resolved or Tesla do what they owe to the public and to me , the car also has a "Takata" airbag recall they have not fixed and want to. WATCH THIS SPACE! will keep everyone updated.

Check out the other post of mine it has photos of the damage, it drives perfect and beautiful, my ad on Carsales may have some what sounded dodgy initially, but I was overseas and unable to take photos of the car to post so I just got some of google instead not putting any photos at all, also it was unregistered after the payout so it was just a simple case of re registering it and I wasn't able to do so being overseas. Car is now fully roadworthy registered and drivable, it is a bargain at that price and very cheap actually. it can also be updated by third parties if you really are keen to get them , and also upgradable too "75D" by the other third parties who do the updates it was listed on eBay US $1500USD, they are on this forum also you just need to find them. However my issues aren't about the updates, its about a dealership not updating a car or offering service to a car that they have patent software to it only, nobody has the schematics for this car or trained to do so being a HV vehicle, go check my other post as to what they have done to me.

I am the owner of this car all of you have been talking about! and the damage to it was a front guard fender literally cosmetic and a scratch to the front bumper. I have removed the ad off Carsales and am going after Tesla correct! Why? because when Tesla finds a fault or patch in there cars software that deems the car "unsafe and or hackable" by Chinese hackers as previously demonstrated, then Tesla has an obligation to patch / update offer that software to ensure the car is safe. I am not sure if my car is affected or if it is vulnerable to that and I will need to do more research on since the date of manufacture all the updates that have been pushed out to cars are any of them in relation to safety or faults etc, or just changing fonts and colours etc around. If the former then Tesla will have to update and if not the court will make them, I will also be asking for costs, as I had a buyer at $72,000 and now have the car ad on hold and lost that buyer, if the car sells less that will be the compensation im asking for along with legal costs, and other costs the lawyers may ask or the judge awards. Department of fair trading is involved as well as the ACCC, I am contacting a current affair tonight and parking my car right out the front of North Sydney Tesla and putting posters on the front and back windscreen "WORSTE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED" and then on the back windscreen go into every single detail as to what this company has done to me, I will leave it there until the court case is resolved or Tesla do what they owe to the public and to me , the car also has a "Takata" airbag recall they have not fixed and want to. WATCH THIS SPACE! will keep everyone updated.

Check out the other post of mine it has photos of the damage, it drives perfect and beautiful, my ad on Carsales may have some what sounded dodgy initially, but I was overseas and unable to take photos of the car to post so I just got some of google instead not putting any photos at all, also it was unregistered after the payout so it was just a simple case of re registering it and I wasn't able to do so being overseas. Car is now fully roadworthy registered and drivable, it is a bargain at that price and very cheap actually. it can also be updated by third parties if you really are keen to get them , and also upgradable too "75D" by the other third parties who do the updates it was listed on eBay US $1500USD, they are on this forum also you just need to find them. However my issues aren't about the updates, its about a dealership not updating a car or offering service to a car that they have patent software to it only, nobody has the schematics for this car or trained to do so being a HV vehicle, go check my other post as to what they have done to me.
You are delusional.
Tesla doesn’t provide ongoing updates for repairable write-offs, or allow them to DC fast charge on the Tesla supercharger network.
That’s a blanket safety policy of theirs, and if you had done your due diligence you’d have known that before buying the car.

I agree you are delusional. First up, ACCC do not involve themself with single issue complaints, and secondly you are welcome to your opinion that its the worst car you’ve ever owned. That doesnt qualify you for compensation, but seems to me you are heading down the path of slandering tesla, so it might all end up costing you more than tesla. But hey good luck! Your lawyer will be happy. Tesla have very deep pockets.

Last edited:

You can sue Tesla if you want to. I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think you have a strong case, and it’s likely to be very costly.

But I would strongly advise against parking your car in front of Tesla’ office with some defamatory posters. If they decide to press defamation charges, you will be gone in no time.

The only thing that appears you have any claim for is the replacement of the Takata air bag. If you read the clauses that are under the Tesla Legal Ts & C's for which they state (and believe) they are liable (one page back under this thread), you will reasonably conclude that you have no case.
Of course, anyone can sue anyone else, but if you fail to convince a judge of your merit, you will most likely not only have to pay your (very expensive) legal costs, but also that of the defendants (Tesla).
In court, principles don't count. Just legal arguement and facts. It can be a long road to ruin. Your most probable best action you can take at this stage is to cut your losses and move on.
If you feel so aggrieved, and believe you should win a case on principal - good luck!! You at least will get a lesson in how it all works.

• Informative
Reactions: nigwil
"literally cosmetic and a scratch to the front bumper"

Your description does not match the photos we have of the damage before repairs (attached); one wheel is straight and the other is bent; literally not cosmetic.

Tesla staff have always been nothing but pleasant; I would hate to think what I would have to do to have them call the police on me.

Attachments

• original write off.jpg
    original write off.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 75
I am the owner of this car all of you have been talking about! and the damage to it was a front guard fender literally cosmetic and a scratch to the front bumper. I have removed the ad off Carsales and am going after Tesla

PPSR search review the following
VIN 5YJSB7E21GF151253
Year/Month of compliance 2016-08
VIC, 01 Oct 2018, Repairable Write-off
• I01D [Impact | Passenger front | Light structural]
• I06A [Impact | Passenger side | Heavy panel]
• I17D [Impact | Chassis/structural rail (passenger) | Light structural]
• I22D [Impact | A pillar passenger | Light structural]

Plus the sunroof was broken. The car was written off.
Other pics of the car show the front steering broken - so at least a tie rod broken if not a lot more.

Sorry Dark_Vadar but you come across as agressive, entitled, elusive with the truth and generally dodgy. Your carsales ad rang alarm bells for most of us from the start. You bought a repairable write-off and that means no warranty or updates.

You are delusional.
Tesla doesn’t provide ongoing updates for repairable write-offs, or allow them to DC fast charge on the Tesla supercharger network.
That’s a blanket safety policy of theirs, and if you had done your due diligence you’d have known that before buying the car.

Firstly I am not delusional , this is the information they told me over the phone ! as far as im concerned they have "fruited, misrepresented, ill informed me" I dont even care about the warranty that ends in 6 months for all 2016 models hahah, or the free $6 worth of charge twice a week sitting at Tesla dealerships 45 mins away from me!

Go read my other post what its about, oh and "due diligence was done!" Tesla decided to do backflips ! THIS IS ABOUT A CAR THAT MAY REQUIRE A SAFETY PATCH/UPDATE TO KEEP THE ROADS IN AUSTRALIA SAFE! "YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!"

• Disagree
Reactions: paulp and MP3Mike
I agree you are delusional. First up, ACCC do not involve themself with single issue complaints, and secondly you are welcome to your opinion that its the worst car you’ve ever owned. That doesnt qualify you for compensation, but seems to me you are heading down the path of slandering tesla, so it might all end up costing you more than tesla. But hey good luck! Your lawyer will be happy. Tesla have very deep pockets.

ACCC is involved but if you say so SMH

its not my opinion, its factual maybe try working on your car one day and you will come to find roof is not bolted, but glued! no car manufacturer has yet done this! meaning in effect if your roof screws up ! good luck you cant do a repair , you either pay $5k to pull it out and $10k for a new one , or you permanently close it shut and no sunroof! secondly they use 4 different types of bolts , hex, torx, and T4 on one panel , no other manufacturer does this, thirdly the wheel hub the bolt access to remove a link arm, requires you remove the whole hub, brake caliber, sensors, lines, shock, springs, frunk interior, all to remove just one 8MM bolt!!!!!! NO car manufacture in my 25 years of working with automobiles does this!, oh have you ever tried to do a small 4mm fuse replacement on a Tesla? HHAHAHAH they fall out on there own, these cars are less then 3 years old and falling apart , door handles are braking/ jamming/ seizing. Toyotas from 1999 door handles still function, Mercedes from 2001 are now getting window regulators replaced 18 years later!!!!!

before you comment know what your talking about. I have owned every car you could think of worked on them all and none have the design of this car, the wire harness for the door window glass sits behind the door inner panel, meaning impossible to access like I have come to find out in trying to close my window, my car has 20,000kms on it not 700,000! they have designed this car to all be done by Tesla computing, meaning they make the money , nobody else ! just like apple! you cant replace the screen or batteries anymore in there new iPhones, and your sitting here telling me off HAHAHA thats why I drive a Ferrari and a Tesla and Lamborghini at the age of 30 coming from the ghetto and your not mate.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
You can sue Tesla if you want to. I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think you have a strong case, and it’s likely to be very costly.

But I would strongly advise against parking your car in front of Tesla’ office with some defamatory posters. If they decide to press defamation charges, you will be gone in no time.

Wrong its not defamation , im only speaking the truth and it is my car and if I think its the worst car ive owned im entitled ,

Delusional barely starts to describe this. Lol.

Delusional exactly why because the cars been reinstated to exactly how factory specification and they dont want to patch update the car if it makes the car safer , and peoples lives, and the publics interest ? yes very delusional, I thought Tesla was all about how safe there cars are? well two guys in china played them , pressing the brakes and unlocking there doors ! oh wait did you hear about that guy who tried AP, and is now in heaven

• Disagree
Reactions: paulp and MP3Mike
The only thing that appears you have any claim for is the replacement of the Takata air bag. If you read the clauses that are under the Tesla Legal Ts & C's for which they state (and believe) they are liable (one page back under this thread), you will reasonably conclude that you have no case.
Of course, anyone can sue anyone else, but if you fail to convince a judge of your merit, you will most likely not only have to pay your (very expensive) legal costs, but also that of the defendants (Tesla).
In court, principles don't count. Just legal arguement and facts. It can be a long road to ruin. Your most probable best action you can take at this stage is to cut your losses and move on.
If you feel so aggrieved, and believe you should win a case on principal - good luck!! You at least will get a lesson in how it all works.
So you think that Tesla has proprietary software and workshop manuals only to themselves , yet the car has been shown to have a security flaw that could cause havoc on the roads if someones to hack into it, and that is not a matter for public interest ? Ok then , im not saying at this stage the courts about the warranty at all, its about would you jump into a car knowing it hasn't been updated , would you drive it on a road ? and if you did knowing and got hacked and crashed , who is to be held liable you or Tesla. Still early days, dont worry I have a lot of time and money , to me it wont affect me one bit honestly , $100k so be it

"literally cosmetic and a scratch to the front bumper"

Your description does not match the photos we have of the damage before repairs (attached); one wheel is straight and the other is bent; literally not cosmetic.

Tesla staff have always been nothing but pleasant; I would hate to think what I would have to do to have them call the police on me.

I owned the car and I got it repaired, clearly you know nothing about cars and the people who liked your comment either. here let me teach you something so the next time you go there they dont rip you off like they did to that poor guy when I was at the dealership $1200 for washer wiper blades and brake pads HAHAHAHAHA ABSURD!

I owned a $600k SL65AMG only 3 in Australia , the brake pads didn't cost that and they were full carbon ceramic! anyway here's the little mechanical lesson for you, when a control brakes the wheel is free lose to any direction, once you replace it its straight again, ask yourself this how is it im making $40k on this car and offering to the public $70k and they are selling for $100k you do the maths now. :) thats $70k off the price ye

I will post the video up of the incident , send me your email you be the judge, whole thing was recorded, then again they just were not happy that I got a car they sell for $150k for $20k I dont blame them

• Disagree
Plus the sunroof was broken. The car was written off.
Other pics of the car show the front steering broken - so at least a tie rod broken if not a lot more.

Sorry Dark_Vadar but you come across as agressive, entitled, elusive with the truth and generally dodgy. Your carsales ad rang alarm bells for most of us from the start. You bought a repairable write-off and that means no warranty or updates.

You know me to come to these assumptions? well then that says about who you are "quick to judge, form opinions without knowing nothing, and probably someone very narrow minded in the least" Im sorry I offered you a car $50,000 cheaper than the market for a front bumper scratch, replaced fender and control arm. Your better off to pay $150,000 lets hope you did

• Disagree
This is why his sunroof leaks, the body/roof is twisted.
edit. Possible additional sealing on the moving part of the sunroof.

AHHAHAH this comment has to be the best one by far LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you win 2019 honestly

So you got my car put it on to an autorobot went to Tafe for 8 years and got out lasers to measure my car is twisted ? AHAHHAHAHAHAHA the people in here is just amazing, "hey bro you got a flat tyre", guy replys "No no dont be silly your car is just twisted or maybe gravity on the north side of the road is pulling down more" just about as much sense as saying earths flat! Come right up , you also now win 2020, please inbox me your number I would actually love to have you as a mate (no really I mean this)

Oh and to respond to you good friend , roof bracket was broken, its a Tesla did you expect it to last longer then 3 years, go google about these cars and read my above replys about these cars