Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowest price Model S yet in Oz? MY2016 60D for $67K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im sorry I offered you a car $50,000 cheaper than the market for a front bumper scratch, replaced fender and control arm.

Your story keeps changing... First it was just a scratched bumper, then it was a scratched bumper and bent fender, now it is a scratched bumper, bent fender, and broken control arm... How long will it take to get the whole story?

Reactions: Tension
Your story keeps changing... First it was just a scratched bumper, then it was a scratched bumper and bent fender, now it is a scratched bumper, bent fender, and broken control arm... How long will it take to get the whole story?

Oh coz I forgot the control arm now I am a liar, wait a second who are you all for me to sit here tell you anything actually ? let me ask you something and answer me , do your tyres have 9mm of tread left on them or 6? you better go out there now and measure them , "how dare you make a mistake , wait your storys changing, no wait your a liar, no wait your delusional, no no no wait your dodgy" this is how every single person on here , well not every but most of you are speaking to me, im done with you all actually you will never know anything further about this car and it will be sold to the buyer who's on hold and knows each and every detail about the car, Tesla will update it and I wont pay a dollar you will see I will put one more post after this to show it got updated for the security patch thats if this car even needs it and then it can be sold perfectly safely and I can sleep at night knowing I didnt place the buyers life in danger, on the other hand Tesla couldn't car less ive emailed them 18 times now since 2nd of April and who dies or who hacks the car they dont care, but if it does happen they will not only car but they will also be very famous!

My car has now cost me the same price as my my AMG SL65 front brake rotors, if you want to know how much the car cost me find out what the rotors are worth you'll know the answer to your question Goodbye all

• Disagree
Reactions: Chuq and MP3Mike
So you think that Tesla has proprietary software and workshop manuals only to themselves , yet the car has been shown to have a security flaw that could cause havoc on the roads if someones to hack into it, and that is not a matter for public interest ?
I didn't think that, nor did I allude to that in my comments. I presume you are still lurking in the background so I will continue:

Ok then , im not saying at this stage the courts about the warranty at all, its about would you jump into a car knowing it hasn't been updated , would you drive it on a road ?

Yes, I do all the time - even when there is an update that has been downloaded to the car and I choose not to activate it.

and if you did knowing and got hacked and crashed , who is to be held liable you or Tesla.
In the highly improbable event of a hack, I would cross that bridge when I came to it. It is not something that I concern myself about. If I did, I would not use the vehicle.

Still early days, dont worry I have a lot of time and money , to me it wont affect me one bit honestly , $100k so be it

As I said previously, good luck with your actions. You are the master of your own destiny. My view is that you will fail miserably, but hey! - no guts no glory and it's only time and money of which you say you have plenty and are willing to risk. Classic of a punter with a negative edge.

Reactions: Tension
Firstly I am not delusional , this is the information they told me over the phone ! as far as im concerned they have "fruited, misrepresented, ill informed me" I dont even care about the warranty that ends in 6 months for all 2016 models hahah, or the free $6 worth of charge twice a week sitting at Tesla dealerships 45 mins away from me!

Go read my other post what its about, oh and "due diligence was done!" Tesla decided to do backflips ! THIS IS ABOUT A CAR THAT MAY REQUIRE A SAFETY PATCH/UPDATE TO KEEP THE ROADS IN AUSTRALIA SAFE! "YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!"
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, and I understand you are in the middle of a difficult situation.
I'm genuinely worried about your wellbeing.
Your posts are around 4am, so I'm guessing your sleep patterns are abnormal.
Your posts are unusually long, and have long runs without punctuation, have lots of repeats, use capitals and so on.
There are signs of persecution complex, delusion and paranoia.

These symptoms are almost impossible to self-recognise, because the symptoms themselves make it hard to self-diagnose. I'm also aware that these symptoms make it hard to accept advice, but I'll try anyway:

I'm sincerely telling you that you should be careful of your health. Try to get your sleep patterns regular, reduce tobacco or drug use (if any), reduce caffeine, get some exercise in daylight, phone some old friends you haven't seen in a while, basically treat yourself well for a while.

ACCC is involved but if you say so SMH

its not my opinion, its factual maybe try working on your car one day and you will come to find roof is not bolted, but glued! no car manufacturer has yet done this! meaning in effect if your roof screws up ! good luck you cant do a repair , you either pay $5k to pull it out and $10k for a new one , or you permanently close it shut and no sunroof! secondly they use 4 different types of bolts , hex, torx, and T4 on one panel , no other manufacturer does this, thirdly the wheel hub the bolt access to remove a link arm, requires you remove the whole hub, brake caliber, sensors, lines, shock, springs, frunk interior, all to remove just one 8MM bolt!!!!!! NO car manufacture in my 25 years of working with automobiles does this!, oh have you ever tried to do a small 4mm fuse replacement on a Tesla? HHAHAHAH they fall out on there own, these cars are less then 3 years old and falling apart , door handles are braking/ jamming/ seizing. Toyotas from 1999 door handles still function, Mercedes from 2001 are now getting window regulators replaced 18 years later!!!!!

before you comment know what your talking about. I have owned every car you could think of worked on them all and none have the design of this car, the wire harness for the door window glass sits behind the door inner panel, meaning impossible to access like I have come to find out in trying to close my window, my car has 20,000kms on it not 700,000! they have designed this car to all be done by Tesla computing, meaning they make the money , nobody else ! just like apple! you cant replace the screen or batteries anymore in there new iPhones, and your sitting here telling me off HAHAHA thats why I drive a Ferrari and a Tesla and Lamborghini at the age of 30 coming from the ghetto and your not mate.
That rant actually prooves you are delusional. A manufacturer of any product can choose how it puts its product together, what type of bolts it uses, and how it runs its cabling. A manufacturer of any product is under zero obligation to consider ‘home repairs’ unless they specifically state that the product can be repaired at home, which tesla hasn’t.
But getting back to my post which didnt mention roofing....or bolts....the ACCC wont help you. Listen more carefully to them. They do not deal with single issue problems.

So you think that Tesla has proprietary software and workshop manuals only to themselves , yet the car has been shown to have a security flaw that could cause havoc on the roads if someones to hack into it, and that is not a matter for public interest ? Ok then , im not saying at this stage the courts about the warranty at all, its about would you jump into a car knowing it hasn't been updated , would you drive it on a road ? and if you did knowing and got hacked and crashed , who is to be held liable you or Tesla. Still early days, dont worry I have a lot of time and money , to me it wont affect me one bit honestly , $100k so be it
What you think you’ll get out of a tesla defamation claim for $100k? Delusional on that too. You will need an extra zero or two on the end of that.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, and I understand you are in the middle of a difficult situation.
Your posts are around 4am, so I'm guessing your sleep patterns are abnormal.Dark-
Your posts are unusually long, and have long runs without punctuation, have lots of repeats, use capitals and so on.

These symptoms are almost impossible to self-recognise, because the symptoms themselves make it hard to self-diagnose. I'm also aware that these symptoms make it hard to accept advice, but I'll try anyway:

I'm sincerely telling you that you should be careful of your health. Try to get your sleep patterns regular, reduce tobacco or drug use (if any), reduce caffeine, get some exercise in daylight, phone some old friends you haven't seen in a while, basically treat yourself well for a while.

This is good advice Dark_Vader. Seriously, take a break and relax.

Reactions: DARK_VADAR
Hmmm Don't know the aus market, but that car can be bought in the US for around 45K US. With 6 mos full bumper to bumper, free super charge for life, 4.5 years Hv battery and drive warranty, updates and repairs without question. Never been wrecked, with clean title.
So 45K minus
10K to fix the roof
6 mos B to B warranty 5K, for peace of mind knowing anything will be fixed
S charging for life, unless you never what to leave town 5K
4.5 yrs HV and drive 15K if your a gambler 25K if your not
Wrecked car salvage Title 5K for a gambler, more for anyone else.

I don't see how this car is worth even what Dark Paid for it, at this point. Maybe people in Aus are desperate for Teslas. If so just ship one from the US unless there are signifiant import duties.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mike_j
If you choose to get into a car that may possibly be “unsafe”, then fruit basket it is you who’s a punter on the edge” risking your life and everyone else! Knowing there is a fix to this and the company has paid hundreds of thousands to fix it , yet you believe “its ok to drive” SMFH!

“Higly unprovable of a hack, and I will cross that bridge when I come to it” you say? Go tell that to the guy who burned alive in his car or the one who was asleep at the wheel! Yet im the the risky punter HAHAH

“I will fail miserably” you say? You failed to get into a car that was unsafe end of discussion
I didn't think that, nor did I allude to that in my comments. I presume you are still lurking in the background so I will continue:

Yes, I do all the time - even when there is an update that has been downloaded to the car and I choose not to activate it.

In the highly improbable event of a hack, I would cross that bridge when I came to it. It is not something that I concern myself about. If I did, I would not use the vehicle.

As I said previously, good luck with your actions. You are the master of your own destiny. My view is that you will fail miserably, but hey! - no guts no glory and it's only time and money of which you say you have plenty and are willing to risk. Classic of a punter with a negative edge.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Your posts are around 4am, so I'm guessing your sleep patterns are abnormal.

"Hey cucumber!"

You came on to a Tesla forum to tell someone who has a genuine safety issue that's a risk to the public and human life that his

"Your posts are unusually long, and have long runs without punctuation, have lots of repeats, use capitals and so on."?????
is this what (you) resort to ? attack someone for there punctuation HHAHAH, to reply on this point, "it is just fine" you have all managed to completely understand everything here and still 10 people unable to even counter argue whats happening, just throwing anything out of your half sober human body you sit in.

wait you as a human only get that much better! "There are signs of persecution complex, delusion and paranoia" so if I did suffer from the symptoms you think that is like "cool" a person like you is far beyond a person of me,

am I being persecuted? "definitely"

did I know I am? "certainly"

is it a complex? "negative!" it is the reality , police called on you for saying "I dont have time to do the takata airbag recall and will do it abate day"HAHHHAAH

Is Tesla persecuting me? "yes"
is Tesla making me paranoid? "yes"
are both justified ? "Affirmative"

If you have Tesla not fix your car and refuse to , and you know nobody else can would , is this persecution? yes

if you know your car has been shown to be hacked, people have died in them would this cause a sense of paranoia ? yes

have you attempted a low blow? yes

have you succeeded ? I will let my replys answer that :)

Now I think it would only be courteous on my behalf to help you figure out some insight about yourself I wont try to diagnose you on a Tesla forum though, what I will do is give you very informed information on yourself , nah im not that mean, thats not me, thats not who I am, thats who you are

But I did find a little extract here for you , it sits really nice and quiet well, I wont say your mentally unstable because someone who is in there mid thirties and "semi retired" who can afford to be up until 4am with 3 different women every night of the week having dinner and desserts and cruising in a Ferrari with the roof down doesn't have sleeping problems , they have "zero problems" :)

Envy
Envy is a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to someone ‘s advantages, possessions, or traits such as beauty, success, or talent. It’s also a common defense to shame, when we feel less than another in some respect. When the defense is working, we’re not aware of feeling inadequate. We may even feel superior and disparage the person we envy. A malignant narcissist might go so far as to sabotage, misappropriate, or defame the envied person, all the while unconscious of feeling inferior. Arrogance and aggression serve as defenses along with envy. Generally, the degree of our devaluation or aggression is commensurate with the extent of underlying shame.

treat myself ? what if I told you I have not worked a day in my life! except for 2 years out of it and I am in the position im in today :) now go ask yourself what do you do for work and what do I do hahahah

• Disagree
Reactions: Mark E and MP3Mike
That rant actually prooves you are delusional. A manufacturer of any product can choose how it puts its product together, what type of bolts it uses, and how it runs its cabling. A manufacturer of any product is under zero obligation to consider ‘home repairs’ unless they specifically state that the product can be repaired at home, which tesla hasn’t.
But getting back to my post which didnt mention roofing....or bolts....the ACCC wont help you. Listen more carefully to them. They do not deal with single issue problems.

The ACCC legal team is discussing this with other government body , you'll Hear about my car soon just watch current affair

OK. You want to address software safety issues, and people won't stick to the subject. So lets see if you can stick to the subject. Exactly what safety problems is your car suffering from that none of the rest of our cars are suffering from. Don't go off on some rant about some wrecks, unless you can show that those wrecks were due to the lack of some software update, that you are so concerned about. Without going off on some imaginary possibilities, Specifically what is your car doing that is unsafe, that a software update is available to fix???

Reactions: ARMARM