Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR+ Delivery Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was provided the following update. Not sure if it makes sense....

Tesla Rep: Ok so I do see an update that went through yesterday for that. So to see the range increase what your going to want to do is exercise the cells in the battery, how you will do this is charge the car to 100% then use down to about 20%. Repeat this a few times and you should see that range increase.

Me: oh.....do you know how many times I need to do this?

Tesla Rep:
So I would do it about three times and you should start to see that range increase.

Me
: Ok thanks....will try that and contact you again if it does not increase
After speaking more to my service team here, I was told the exact same thing. Use the car til about 30% is left, and then charge back up, but I wasn’t told to charge to 100%... and the update to get to 350 range is not out yet for my car. Then my sales advisor went to talk to the service team himself to confirm, he said they’re exactly correct and to just follow their instruction, he also added to avoid supercharging for the time being.

So I’m going to be doing that over the next few days, hoping for any software update soon. We’ll see what happens.

I ordered my X 2 days ago and just got my VIN: 2480xx. Makes me nervous to see such a low VIN in comparison to a 261xxx in the above post. I take delivery a week from tomorrow. I'm going to ask them to charge it to 100% for pickup, per what another forum post did.

I ordered my X 2 days ago and just got my VIN: 2480xx. Makes me nervous to see such a low VIN in comparison to a 261xxx in the above post. I take delivery a week from tomorrow. I'm going to ask them to charge it to 100% for pickup, per what another forum post did.

I wouldn't worry. I just picked up Vin 248xxx last week and it was built on 2/20/20. Your owner advisor can probably pull up the exact build date.

Reactions: MattUNI
Huge update!!
I got that 2020.8.1.1 update and it fixed everything! Not only did I get the 320 miles, but it even got me all the way to the 350! I got my extra miles and the weird missing ones earlier!

Super happy about it!! It seems like it was just a visual issue because before the update, my car had 230 miles in the tank (not charging). After update, it went to 280. I got those missing miles and my max now shows 354. I’m including a pic with this reply. Thanks for everyone who replied and tried to help!!

Attachments

• 657404EC-4B6F-463D-91A2-DF5766A4C65D.jpeg
    657404EC-4B6F-463D-91A2-DF5766A4C65D.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 117
Huge update!!
I got that 2020.8.1.1 update and it fixed everything! Not only did I get the 320 miles, but it even got me all the way to the 350! I got my extra miles and the weird missing ones earlier!

Super happy about it!! It seems like it was just a visual issue because before the update, my car had 230 miles in the tank (not charging). After update, it went to 280. I got those missing miles and my max now shows 354. I’m including a pic with this reply. Thanks for everyone who replied and tried to help!!

awesome news! I’m downloading the update now.

Huge update!!

When did you receive delivery of your Model X?

I wonder if 2020.8.1.1 is just specifically for LR+ owners or if it will eventually roll out to LR owners? Teslafi is showing only 2 cars on 2020.8.1.1 and one of them appears to be LR+. That car is now showing the new 354 range in teslafi and 120.64% as the range difference since it was new. The other one running 2020.8.1.1 is only showing 294 miles of range.

Hoping your “for me” caveat means you have a lead foot. We’re waiting for our LR+ with 22s and are hoping the range hit isn’t that bad...

We don't have the EPA estimates for the Model X LR with 22" wheels, but we do for the performance version:

Performance
-305 miles with 20" wheels
-272 miles with 22" wheels

Long Range
-351 miles with 20" wheels
-??? miles with 22" wheels

272/305*351=313.022

I think you'll have to drive like a grandma to get 300+ miles with 22" wheels.

I'm getting closer to 225 when I drive extra aggressive.

Last edited: