Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got a delivery date today for the 1st of May 2019 :) order placed on 15 march but ask Tesla to delay my delivery at the begining as I needed to sell my old car

as far as I know the car was in Europe since the last ship arrived for those who're waiting an EU deliveries

I posted this comment in another forum and I'm curious if you can back this up or dispute it:

What I'm reading online is if you call and order a LR RWD M3 the base price is now $44,500 and AP is NOT included with the RWD.

Sure. Attached is my purchase agreement showing the date I ordered the car. I picked it up on the 16th. Is that good enough? This purchase agreement is the most recently updated one. It came out to $54,700 after the initial deposit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-123221_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-123221_Dropbox.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 183
Tesla really confused everyone by announcing that AP would be included in the price of all cars. This statement is just flat out wrong.

There are three Model 3’s available for online purchase: SR+, LR AWD, LR Performance. These three vehicles were price adjusted last week by $2,000 to reflect AP now being included in these three models only.

There are two Model 3’s available by calling Tesla sales: SR and LR RWD. These models did not see a price increase last week, and do not include AP in their base price. Furthermore, adding AP to these two models is still a $3K option (and another $5K for FSD). So these two models are no better deals than they were last week if you were planning to add AP. SR is still $35K, LR RWD is still $44.5K.

So bottom line, SR+, LR AWD, LRP all became better deals last week if you were planning on buying AP anyway. You now save $1,000.

SR and LR RWD saw no price increases last week and do not include AP. If you don’t want AP these two models may be your best bet.

Tesla really confused everyone by announcing that AP would be included in the price of all cars. This statement is just flat out wrong.

SR and LR RWD saw no price increases last week and do not include AP. If you don’t want AP these two models may be your best bet.
The people who did not purchase AP on their LR RWD that took delivery and on their AP 60 day trial had AP available for $3500, then it went down to $2500, then back up to $3000. Unless it changed again? So if it is still true, I may try AP first, then buy it at the pre delivery price if I ever receive my car.

Last edited:
The people who did not purchase AP on their LR RWD that took delivery and on their AP 60 day trial had AP available for $3500, then it went down to $2500, then back up to $3000. Unless it changed again? So if it is still true, I may try AP first, then buy it at the pre delivery price if I ever receive my car.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna do the same. Just buy AP after the trial. Still waiting on a new VIN since I declined the 2018 VIN on 3/28. My delivery is still show 4/30, but no new VIN.

Reactions: InParadise
Yumcha, here is my experience for my LR RWD Red Aero. Ordered March 19. Was told VIN on April 9. Home deliver to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada supposed to be this afternoon.
Ah congrats! I’m in Northern California and hoping to place an order soon. Last week the SA contacted me about inventory along with a free paint or white seats if I took delivery by Monday. I haven’t heard from her since so was getting worried. I just don’t want to get in situation where I miss the cutoff for US Fed Tax credit.

Ordered March 19. I got my Red LR RWD Aero in Kanata (suburb of Ottawa, Ontario) late this afternoon. I'll check it over more closely tomorrow but so far so very good! I won't be fine tooth combing the car for build issues, don't really expect/need perfection. I'll be putting my own scratches on it soon enough. 78% charge level and only 10 km. The only thing missing was the bolts for installing the rear license plate but a quick trip to Canadian Tire (my first "road trip" in the car) fixed that.

Do the Tesla contact provide updates? I think once I place an order I would be so anxious playing the waiting game.

I called them last week, and got confirmation there is a queue, and they are still building some LR for now. It feels like anyone closer to the factory than me instantly jumps my spot, whether that is true or not. Thank god I am not at the end of a lease term. I haven't been anxious for a while, since it has been so long since I ordered! :(