Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Lucid Air Dream Edition Rated at 520 Miles of Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The Environmental Protection Agency has given the upcoming Lucid Air Dream Edition a preliminary range rating of 520 miles, the first electric vehicle to cross the 500-mile mark.

Performance has been a big promise of the Lucid vehicles as it aims to be a meaningful challenger to Tesla’s flagship vehicles. Lucid’s range rating is 100 miles more than the Tesla Model S Long Range.

“I’m delighted that our Lucid Air Dream Edition Range has been officially accredited with a range of 520 miles by the EPA, a number I believe to be a new record for any EV. Crucially, this landmark has been achieved by Lucid’s world-leading in-house EV technology, not by simply installing an oversize battery pack,” CEO and CTO Peter Rawlinson said in a release. “Our race-proven 900V battery and BMS technology, our miniaturized drive units, coupled with our Wunderbox technology endow Lucid Air with ultra-high efficiency, enabling it to travel more miles from less battery energy. The next generation EV has truly arrived!”

The company noted in a release that multiple Lucid Air models have received their official EPA range ratings, including the Dream Edition Performance and Grand Touring versions on both 19” and 21” wheels. That positions Lucid Air models in the top six spots for overall EPA range ratings among all EVs as well as the highest MPGe ratings in the Large vehicle class.

The first Lucid vehicles are expected to be delivered by the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
That's great! Looks like even the "low-end" model has a 400mi range. I don't know much else about the car yet but the less range anxiety is a thing for people, the greater adoption will likely be, IMO. Even though it probably shouldn't be a concern for most people today, but that's another story.

This is the type of range that I only believed that Tesla could achieve. I drive L.A. to SF often. I have a long range X on order but... Hmmmm. The ease of range anxiety and its complications is compelling, at least range wise, even if you were only able to achieve 80% of it.

"The most efficient Air is rated at 131 MPGe combined, and the Performance version is rated at 111 MPGe combined."

Reactions: Potpourri
Last edited:
No need to get defensive lol. As if Tesla's can hit their EPA numbers... as we're the ones to talk.

And btw I don't get the hate for all other EVs. Like really, especially with Lucid and Rivian.

Not defensive just stating facts. More competition is better for everyone!