Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid Gavity 😲 Awesome.. 440 Mi Range @ about $80K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do people actually believe the 440mi version will actually only cost $80k?!

This is typical marketing/media speak...it STARTS at 80k...and it will have a trim that has UP TO 440mi range....there is a 0% chance that the 440mi version cost $80k

Lucid did a great job on the design of the Gravity. The features and packaging are great.
They will definitely sell a lot more of these than the sedans. Lucid could finally get real traction now that they have a SUV.
Basically everyone, including Lucid, said they are moving to NACS.
Tesla is going to be the world's "gas station". Electrify America is going to have to sell at lower rates to compete.

Lucid is an American company. Designed in CA and made in Arizona.

60% of the stock is owned by a Saudi investment group. It's obvious
the Saudis are trying to gain ev market share.

Corporate consumer morality is a slippery slope, as someone else rightly pointed out.
If you're going after investors, and not the actual company, than Polestar/Volvo is Chinese.
And you can go on and on.

But in the world of six figure ev's; Tesla, Rivian, and Lucid are all American designed and built.
I'm rooting for all of them to succeed.

This is typical marketing/media speak...it STARTS at 80k...and it will have a trim that has UP TO 440mi range....there is a 0% chance that the 440mi version cost $80k
Good analysis. Numerous previous posts also agree with your assessment. It's an auto industry ad standard.

Lucid Air has old man vibes. It's a nice looking car but doesn't have any feeling of "cool".
It's more limo than luxury sports sedan.
But, nothing wrong with appealing to that market. Old money vibes is certainly a choice.

Once they get NACS and that suv, i'm sure they will sell a lot more.

Reactions: ginmqi

Who knows. Even the “$63K” trim Model X has more range than a $100K Model X.

But, whatever trim has the 440mi battery, it’ll be close. Given how the Model S is relative to the X, and given how much range the Air has, I’d wager 400mi in real world range is likely with the Gravity. Very good.

Who knows. Even the “$63K” trim Model X has more range than a $100K Model X.

But, whatever trim has the 440mi battery, it’ll be close. Given how the Model S is relative to the X, and given how much range the Air has, I’d wager 400mi in real world range is likely with the Gravity. Very good.
It's not about whether Gravity can do 440 miles. It's about whether can $80,000 buy you that range. It will most likely be $80,000 base + 30,000 range upgrade or more than $110,000 to get 440 miles.

Reactions: sleepydoc
It's not about whether Gravity can do 440 miles. It's about whether can $80,000 buy you that range. It will most likely be $80,000 base + 30,000 range upgrade or more than $110,000 to get 440 miles.
I get it that if you re-read what I wrote.
The $76K Air Pure can do 400 miles. More than likely the Gravity will also do that at $80K.
Just like it’s the same battery in all trims of the Model S and X.

I get it that if you re-read what I wrote.
The $76K Air Pure can do 400 miles. More than likely the Gravity will also do that at $80K.
Just like it’s the same battery in all trims of the Model S and X.
Air Pure is 92kWh, 410 miles, $76,475.
Air Grand Touring is 112kWh, 516 miles, $117,175.

The press thinks to get 440 miles, Gravity will have the same 112kWh as the Grand Touring.

I don’t see how the Gravity will be $80,000 unless it is barebone with less features, hardware and battery.

Manufacturers often make remarkable claims about their "soon to come out" vehicles.
Idea is to slow down some from ordering from the competitor, as they wait and see what the actual specifications/pricing will be.
Tesla does this as well. Drives the competitors crazy.

Manufacturers often make remarkable claims about their "soon to come out" vehicles.
Idea is to slow down some from ordering from the competitor, as they wait and see what the actual specifications/pricing will be.
Tesla does this as well. Drives the competitors crazy.

Tesla also announced $50,000 Model S and it only fulfilled that price for a lucky few who got the barebone 40kWh.

It then repeated the same with $35,000 Model 3 for a lucky few.

Lucid has priced its cars high but the government threw in the monkey wrench: $55,000 sedan and $80,000 SUV price limits for tax incentives.

I think Lucid will keep the barebone $80,000 Gravity price for real for years until the tax incentive is over, unlike the quickly discontinued $50,000 Model S and $35,000 Model 3.

Some people will buy the $80k barebone and some will buy the more than $100k luxury version.

Last edited: