Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Luder94's Sales, Ordering, and Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping that Tesla sees an opportunity to save some money on shipping our cars here on the same day (I could pick up on the 21st)...having LASIK done on the 20th, but I'll manage. :D

When you get yours next week, planning on doing any delivery pics? For goofs, I'll be doing a version of the Toyota "Oh what a feeling" jumps on delivery.

I'm hoping that Tesla sees an opportunity to save some money on shipping our cars here on the same day (I could pick up on the 21st)...having LASIK done on the 20th, but I'll manage. :D

When you get yours next week, planning on doing any delivery pics? For goofs, I'll be doing a version of the Toyota "Oh what a feeling" jumps on delivery.

You have quite a week! Lasik is awesome - did it 5 years ago and so happy. I'm planning on a full morning for the delivery as I don't want to leave there without being an expert on the car. It would make sense for them to ship several cars at once to save $$. I can't imagine they do it one at a time.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's good to hear what the experience is for new customers, and am glad to see the wait time is down to under 2 months.
Love the DesiRed plate, and maybe the model S should have been red so you can transfer the plate? but then again you didn't go with the white that she liked since it's your car anyways. :biggrin:

As for the HPWC, I think your initial reasons are good enough to keep it - looks good, convenient, don't have to haul the UMC out of the trunk and potentially forget to pack it when you need it, and gives you the flexibility to have a quick turnaround at home when you've got a day with lots of driving. For what it does, $1200 is a bargain compared to other offerings.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's good to hear what the experience is for new customers, and am glad to see the wait time is down to under 2 months.
Love the DesiRed plate, and maybe the model S should have been red so you can transfer the plate? but then again you didn't go with the white that she liked since it's your car anyways. :biggrin:

As for the HPWC, I think your initial reasons are good enough to keep it - looks good, convenient, don't have to haul the UMC out of the trunk and potentially forget to pack it when you need it, and gives you the flexibility to have a quick turnaround at home when you've got a day with lots of driving. For what it does, $1200 is a bargain compared to other offerings.

Just received my HPWC today via Fedex. 8 days before delivery and plenty of time for installation. Glad to see that the delay on the units has been resolved and I can now be ready to go when I take delivery.

Grats on pulling the trigger Luder94!
As soon as I saw your handle, I thought "hey, there was a prolific poster on S2ki with that name... what's the chances of that exact same name here being a different person" and then I saw your full Mugen S2000 pic, LOL!
There's quite a few posters on here who moved from an S2k to the Model S, which surprised me because of how different the two cars are. But a great car is a great car so maybe shouldn't be so surprising.
I'm sure your Model S won't stay stock for too long after you get it, lol!

I used to go by smccurry on the forums and was the community organizer for Hawaii by the way. Looking forward to your posts!

Oh wow! SMcurry.....always wondered where you ended up. I remember your S2000, still have all pics of your car saved somewhere on an external drive.

I still have my S2000 (the black Mugen one), in the meanwhile, I built a red one for my wife, Mugen as well, just a different flavor. We plan to keep both of those. The goal is it have a driveway full of "S" cars....that's the only reason I got interested in the Tesla, because of it's name. I kid.

As for mods, yup, already have plans. I may not post up too much here. The makeup of the members here remind me of the early days of S2Ki; where mods weren't taken too kindly. At first it'll be standard mods: Wheels, lowering (than OEM), small aesthetic accents here and there, exhaust, intake......oh wait. Scratch the last two.

I'm still on S2Ki, still a moderator, gave up my CO role in the UMW once I started to NOT fit the new demographic. Come on by there and say 'Hi'; maybe post up some pics of your old car as well as your new. BTW, 'TurboPwr" (Dan, if you remember him) also jumped into a Model S. I don't know if he's here or not.

Grats on pulling the trigger Luder94!
As soon as I saw your handle, I thought "hey, there was a prolific poster on S2ki with that name... what's the chances of that exact same name here being a different person" and then I saw your full Mugen S2000 pic, LOL!
There's quite a few posters on here who moved from an S2k to the Model S, which surprised me because of how different the two cars are. But a great car is a great car so maybe shouldn't be so surprising.
I'm sure your Model S won't stay stock for too long after you get it, lol!

I used to go by smccurry on the forums and was the community organizer for Hawaii by the way. Looking forward to your posts!

Dan got one too! That's awesome! I have to drop by later and check it out. I still miss the S2k sometimes. Wish I could have kept her as a second car. If I win the lotto I would certainly add the Tesla Roadster to my lineup though :)

Just got an update my car is on the road and arriving late Wed or Thurs morning. Hoping for Thursday afternoon pickup, but SC wants to test/inspect first, so I might need to stick with Friday morning. Any update on your end?

Just got an update my car is on the road and arriving late Wed or Thurs morning. Hoping for Thursday afternoon pickup, but SC wants to test/inspect first, so I might need to stick with Friday morning. Any update on your end?

Nothing...car is still showing up as 'confirmed'. No other status, no call from Tesla Finance. I ended up looking into Alliant CU, because of a post you made in the past. Only person in the process that's proactively reached out recently has been my DS, Andrew.

My excitement is slowly turning into disappointment. I'm not hearing anything about the Tesla HPWC, if/when to get the electrician out to run wiring from the basement fusebox to the garage....

I know this is a new company and they are working things out....so my patience is still there.

Nothing...car is still showing up as 'confirmed'. No other status, no call from Tesla Finance. I ended up looking into Alliant CU, because of a post you made in the past. Only person in the process that's proactively reached out recently has been my DS, Andrew.

My excitement is slowly turning into disappointment. I'm not hearing anything about the Tesla HPWC, if/when to get the electrician out to run wiring from the basement fusebox to the garage....

I know this is a new company and they are working things out....so my patience is still there.

Sorry to hear the frustration. Let me know if there is anything I can help with as it sounds like I'm a couple days ahead of you. The Tesla recommended electricians are installing my HPWC as we speak. I would be happy to give you the electrician's info if you like (in Glenview). He gave me several references from other Tesla HPWC installations and everyone was very satisfied. I haven't spoken to Andrew but Joe Dimaggio (not kidding) at the Chicago SC has been great. He helped me with my trade-in too. Another woman, Kristal, I believe is my official DS and sent me my initial emails but I have not been able to get in touch with her for the past couple weeks so keep working with Joe. I requested the HPWC be sent ahead of delivery and got it last week. The only other decision I really had to make was on the front license plate. I chose to NOT have them install it on the nosecone and am going to try the zip-tie option posted elsewhere on the site. If it doesn't seem to work, they said they can always perform the nose cone installation.

Woohooo!!!! Delivery button is activated today! Unfortunately I'm sitting in the Admiral's Lounge in Mexico City waiting for my flight back to Chicago. 15 minutes until my flight starts boarding, if I had more time, I'd do the Delivery registration right now. Dangit, I'm going to have to wait until I get home tonight to finish this. I don't want to delay any further on this car!

Woohooo!!!! Delivery button is activated today! Unfortunately I'm sitting in the Admiral's Lounge in Mexico City waiting for my flight back to Chicago. 15 minutes until my flight starts boarding, if I had more time, I'd do the Delivery registration right now. Dangit, I'm going to have to wait until I get home tonight to finish this. I don't want to delay any further on this car!

Picked up today Luder! A day earlier than planned and much appreciated. As gorgeous as I had hoped and faster than I remembered. A great pickup experience. Everyone at SC was helpful and enthusiastic. Tutorial on how to use the car was honestly an hour. Basically a car built around an iPad. So much fun. I took a couple quick pictures by iPhone before taking the kids for rides tonight. Too dark otherwise, but I'll post better pictures later.
photo-115.jpg
photo-116.jpg
photo-117.jpg

Chicago-B, I keep coming back to look at the pics you posted. I kept teeter-tottering between black or the dark blue. From your pics, I now wish I had ordered the blue. I don't think it will be a niggling feeling, once I actually take delivery.

There was a beautiful black/black at the SC when I picked up and, if it makes you feel better, I was questioning myself about the same. I think the answer is they are both great colors. You will love the black.

For anyone else out there, the Chicago SC had six cars there yesterday (test/loaners) in black, blue, silver, and gray. The most I have seen there at any one time. They said they had a green a few days ago, but I didn't see it. Very helpful if you are still undecided and want to see a color up close.

Hey Luder, in case you didn't already see this thread: tinted and de-chromed black beauty:
Tinted, De-Chromed, and 22PLE Coated
:cool:

As for the tint, I will probably not go too dark on the tint. I want to be seen, it'd also be a crime to hide my beautiful face. :D

As for the chrome....I know chrome is hated. You know, I'm one to buck the trend. Did Mugen when Mugen for the S2K wasn't cool. Dropped a Ford 302 into an S2000 many years back. When everyone is building $60K+ Euro cars, I bought a '94 Honda Accord station wagon and built that. Currently building up a Toyota Tacoma....pickups, yes, I'm an Indian hick driving a gaz-guzzler n Chicago 'burbs for no apparent reason. :D

I go with the Jay-Z mentality, I'm the $hit, I'll be bringing chrome back. ;) I've even got the wheels already picked out...do we/can we still say 'bling-bling'? I'm hoping people will like it, if not, ehhh...no care, it's my car. I mean, it's my wife's car.

BTW, for all others reading this, take my comments with a grain of rice. (I'm Indian, it's rice not salt with my people).

So I'm in Mexico City another week. Had the nightly conversation with my wife tonight...typical 'kids were good", "I miss you", "I love you.....oh and btw, the Tesla charger thing was delivered today. Ok bye, talk to you tomorrow." [click]

Wait what?!!! You couldn't lead the conversation with that? I may just have been a little more attentive and not gone through the motions.

So one more step closer; only problem is, I can't get any electricians over to look at installing the HPWC this weekend because we are going away for the weekend.