Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Owners: Would you buy another Model 3 today?

Would you buy a Model 3 today?

• Yes

Votes: 197 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 6.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny you mention AP, which I find to be the least impressive thing (standard AP) about the car.
Man, where do I start?

The simplicity of it all was the first thing that really grabbed my interest. I really thought I wanted the fancy quilted massaging (vibrating) seats, a hi res cockpit display, apple car play, a HUD and cool ambient lighting. There are so many buttons and other things going on in these cars that it just becomes sensory overload. At the end of the day, it really is unnecessary fluff. The model 3 is the polar opposite. So minimalistic, uncluttered and refreshing. The forward view without an instrument panel is amazing. The UI is so intuitive and well organized, it really is like using an iPad. My 10 year old can navigate it without instruction.

The process of driving. Your phone is the key. You sit, brake, shift and go. When you're done, you park and walk away. There's no bulky key fob, buttons to unlock/lock the car, start/stop button, loud engine warm up. It's all very slick and streamlined.

Of course there's the drive... Coming from a modded BMW M235 and many other cars like it, I am used to quick turbo cars. The Model 3 is on a whole different level in terms of power delivery. No gears to shift, turbo to spool, launch control ritual, no wheel spin and making a total racket to go fast. It's all instant and silent. It really feels like there's a direct connection from brain to rubber on road. There's simply no comparison. The steering feels far more connected than my little 2, it's shockingly nimble and well sorted for its size and weight.

I can go on about not having to fill up twice a week on expensive premium gas, oil changes and all that....

But but but... I like lots of buttons and a "cluttered" cockpit. I'd love a HUD, I'd love a silent car with no road noise and other features... all this even after a drive test with a Model 3 and S...

I think people that make an assertion that there are systemic quality issues with Tesla now need to be shut down. It’s a false meme, isn’t at all represented by actual data, yet it gets tossed around as fact.

It’s not. Most Tesla owners, reviewers, and tear downs are very positive about the quality of the car. Are there cars with quality issues. You bet. Pick a manufacturer, and I can find someone who had one of those cars with quality issues.

The problem with this poll is the car doesn't suck.

Sure there some issues with cars being delivered with obvious defects, and mine was one of them. I didn't have any issues with service as they mostly corrected it to my satisfaction. It was a panel that wasn't lined up, and I tend to be a bit OCD about stuff like that.

All in all I think it's probably one of the best cars on the road for the money

But, Tesla just sucks as a company from the perspective of a customer.

Things like "You need to get FSD now or the price will be go on August 16th only for it to not to go up"
Or "We're sorry we can't refund that $6K+ order for the FSD upgrade" that you accidentally ordered 2 minutes ago. Of course it's not 2 min ago as you were likely on hold for 2 hour.
The lack of following through with commitments like how my P3D+ that I took delivery of a year ago still doesn't have a spoiler.
Idle fees at Valet Superchargers. Umm, hello? anyone at the helm?

The Model 3 instead is like the default setting for an EV so I try to tell people about other ones that could possibly fit their use case. The only ones worthy of even mentioning are the Taycan, E-Tron, and strangely the Kona if you don't mind slow and with only FWD available.

But, nothing in it's class or any class near it beats the P3D.

Reactions: C141medic
But but but... I like lots of buttons and a "cluttered" cockpit. I'd love a HUD, I'd love a silent car with no road noise and other features... all this even after a drive test with a Model 3 and S...
We have an e-tron and a Model 3 (our 4th Tesla). I highly suggest you drive an e-tron if you like the things you listed. I still prefer the P3D, but like the e-tron a lot more than I thought I would. It is very quiet/smooth, is built like a tank, and the HUD is handy. Our actual range is also consistently 25-30% higher than the EPA estimate.

Oh - and, I would definitely buy another Model 3 (so voted yes).

Last edited:
Reactions: Petrocelli
The question in the title asked whether I'd buy another one.
Sorry I cannot answer to this vote poll because you don't provide enough choices.

- I would say "Yes" for another Tesla.

- But would be "No" for getting the same Model 3.

The model 3 is great, very comfortable, while offering a sporty driving experience.
However, I would prefer the Model Y because of the hatchback added practicality.

I needed a car and could not wait, so it is why I got the Model 3.
I didn't have the choice, however I never thought that I would ever buy a Sedan.

Other possibility would be even a shorter Compact version Model 2.
When you live in a city, you need a car easy to park like a Kona or a VW e-Golf.
But I would like to have the range and performance of the Model 3.

- So I would say "Yes" for Model Y or Model 2 if you had this choice in your pool.

:)

Reactions: Kleenerth3
What did you do for transportation in that month? Did Tesla get you a loaner?

Im wondering why you are posting these threads about service centers and whether model 3 owners would buy again, when you stated that you had decided to get another mercedes?

Nothing at all wrong with that, but if thats the case, why all the concern about tesla service centers, or wondering if tesla owners would buy it again? Maybe you answered that in this thread, as I only read part of it... and then had to go check to see if you were the same poster who had the thread about "tesla... way to get a discount on a mercedes".

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up and tvad

Then clearly the model 3 doesn't suit you.

Here's what bothered me about the Audi (and this generally applies to BMW/MB to varying degrees). There were so many buttons and stalks just around the Audi S4/S5 steering wheel, coming from BMW, it'd take me weeks to master without looking. Crazy distracting. Virtual cockpit... it's very cool until it isn't. Again, super distracting, especially @ night. I didn't appreciate the deep menu diving using a jog dial on its MMI either. Maybe I'm too used to using my smart phone. Oh look, I can write where I want to navigate on a touch sensitive pad. One letter at a time. Cool. Took me 5 minutes to write in my destination. That was... fun!

Silent? Direct injection motors sound embarrassingly cheap, like a diesel clunker at idle. Clickity Clack. They try to mask it with some exhaust burble. Engine that revs annoyingly loud on start up for a 'quick warm' up that would wake my family. That turbo 6 & ZF8 transmission felt like a slug off the line. Throttle response from stop is terrible in the Audi. Much worse than BMW & MB, which are not great to begin with. Let's put it in 'Dynamic' mode. 'Soundaktor' piped in engine noise, exhaust baffle that open to burp and fart on pedal lift or shift. Cute until it isn't. Stop at a red light, car's motor shuts off. Damn auto stop/start feature. Forgot to turn it off at startup. Got to remember to do this every time...

• Informative
Reactions: cucubits
In the middle of that thread, I test drove a Tesla, and indicated I intended to buy one based on that drive. I'm now asking owners questions. Where better to do it than here?

Ahh makes sense. You are not going to get mercedes levels of service, or mercedes build quality (and thats fine too). you just need to know what you are willing to accept.

I come from BMW not mercedes (Wife has a new 2019 BMW X3 M40). Tesla is no where near even BMW in service and luxury feel (and mercedes is better in that department than BMW in my opinion)

i love my model 3 performance though, and would absolutely buy it again at this point.