Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3LR price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MrT3

Jun 26, 2021
UK
Tesla has increased the price of the LR overnight from £ 48,490 to £ 49,990. There doesn’t appear to be any spec change but I wonder if the range will increase in the next few days as the base model did when its price increased.

If I make full payment to Tesla (cash buyer) 50k example, and at the last minute unable to take delivery and need to postpone due to personal circumstances, does Tesla hold the money in their account until ready to collect, or do they refund it?

Reactions: plisken
Tesla has increased the price of the LR overnight from £ 48,490 to £ 49,990. There doesn’t appear to be any spec change but I wonder if the range will increase in the next few days as the base model did when its price increased.
Funny enough I just spotted this:

1637061082952.png

Estimated range now 375, it's creeping up! Wonder if Tesla will cross that magic 400 threshold (without compromising performance).

I have been holding out for a March delivery, coincide with bonus month. Looks like my waiting has just cost me £1k TEEEESSSSLLLLLAAAAAAAAA! You're wounding me!

View attachment 733558

Estimated range now 375, it's creeping up! Wonder if Tesla will cross that magic 400 threshold (without compromising performance).

I have been holding out for a March delivery, coincide with bonus month. Looks like my waiting has just cost me £1k TEEEESSSSLLLLLAAAAAAAAA! You're wounding me!

He who hesitates... might have money in the bank at almost 0% interest vs victimhood due to chip shortage caused by You Know Who (and that is not a reference to WHO however they might be implicated)

These new range figures happened last week. All extremely dubious though - the 360 mile figure was unobtainable with 18" aero wheels.

For mainland Europe the figure with the larger battery is 638 km so just short of 400 miles (394 miles).

These new range figures happened last week. All extremely dubious though - the 360 mile figure was unobtainable with 18" aero wheels.

For mainland Europe the figure with the larger battery is 638 km so just short of 400 miles (394 miles).

Thank you, yes I think in my heart of hearts if Tesla followed the £1500 price increase with a 394 range it would sweeten the initial bitter reflex when I first opened configurator and saw the new price. My hope is that they follow up soon so I can pre-order contented. I know what I'm like, if I pre-order I'll be smashing the refresh button hoping to see that new battery and range update pretty much every couple of hours 🤓🧐

Fingers crossed, I have faith.

View attachment 733558

Interesting, I didn’t notice that when I ordered mine. Assuming there are no changes to the LR then it means I’ll get 375 miles on my aeros (early Dec collection). Or rather, 375 miles less “real conditions deduction”!

It seems Tesla is "suffering" from excess demand and price rises are one way to stop waiting lists becoming ludicrous. Hopefully when Berlin comes online and Shanghai ramps up supply may catch up.

Interesting to see that range increasing even before the 4680 cells in a structural battery pack. Fingers crossed for 400+ miles then (and super fast supercharging!)

Reactions: ringi
On the Plus side the Y now looks relatively more affordable.
Someone was complaining last week on here that the differences between the Y and 3 did not justify the £6500 difference.
Well now its only £5000. :)
That would be me. Its more like 8k (i was generous) by the time one buys the boost as to bring things closer together.

Either way, Ive put in my model Y reservation so that makes me entitled to have a moan as such 😁

On the upside, with the Y price locked in, Ive also got two M3's here also going up in value so its swings and roundabouts and nicer problems to have 🙂

Last edited: