Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a stealth today from Burbank. Aside from 3 minor paint issues, the car is great; built date 09/19. Matched to the car thanks to Kenny's OA, and I was able to get the 19 inch wheel comped. Delivery was seamless, probably only took 30 mins at most..
Congradualtions ! Picked up mine last Tuesday in Costa Mesa
I know this is prob not specific to stealth but does your frunk have any kind of liner? Mine just plastic and the tow eye hook in its nitch .. looks like something missing ? I’ll try upload pic

I think I am missing the carpet mat that comes with premium interior ? If just that I would purchase $35 on tesla shop
Does it appear anything else missing (plastic panel(s) etc ?
I.E. if you remove your carpeted mat does it looks exactly as the pic I uploaded ?

Attachments

• F22EB471-C95B-42E1-9AC0-E143DCA44401.jpeg
    F22EB471-C95B-42E1-9AC0-E143DCA44401.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I took delivery of a stealth today from Burbank. Aside from 3 minor paint issues, the car is great; built date 09/19. Matched to the car thanks to Kenny's OA, and I was able to get the 19 inch wheel comped. Delivery was seamless, probably only took 30 mins at most..

How was your console and interior, any scratches? The three flaws, are they going to correct? I pick mine up tomorrow from Costa Mesa.

Anyone else who recently picked up have any issues? How were they resolved. Thanks.

Did they fix the paint issues? What was off with the panel gaps? Which areas?
The one paint issue is a contaminant under the paint. It's on the rear bumper, underneath it in a non-visible area (yeah, I do that thorough of an inspection. :) ) The other is on the right side of the trunk surround, just under the strut. Again, a contaminant under the paint. Also not visible, so I'm not going to let them touch that one, either.

The roof glass panels are ever so slightly out of alignment. Just enough to notice, but now that I've seen them, I can't stop looking at them. "Within spec" according to Tesla.

The right side rear door is also just slightly mis-aligned... the gap at the rear of the door is smaller than the other doors, and the gap at the front of the door is bigger. Again, not bad by any means, but large enough for me to see.

It's funny, all this panel gap and paint business...now I scrutinize lots of cars in traffic. I regularly see discernible to the eye panel gap differences, saw a glaring one on a Honda the other day.

Also my last car, a Toyota, had minor paint imperfections that I only noticed months later, like the odd little piece of grit under the paint, etc.

I picked up my M3 DM on Sept 6th. I got a $750 credit on black color. But when I looked closer I noticed a red line under the DUAL MOTOR emblem. I took delivery from Tesla inventory and they told me that they needed to do a "modification" on the car before I pick it up.
20190915_114619.jpg

How was your console and interior, any scratches? The three flaws, are they going to correct? I pick mine up tomorrow from Costa Mesa.

Anyone else who recently picked up have any issues? How were they resolved. Thanks.
I think you're given a 'due' bill, which you have listed all the stuff that may be defective and come back at another time to correct.... so a good look over the car before accepting it is best.
Ugh, I paid everything before taking delivery (picked up at Fremont delivery center) and the delivery agent seemed to be in a rush to get me on my way rather than giving me the time to look over and report any concerns.

Fortunately the only thing that I found was a small blemish at the front center of the center console panel (the panel that opens up into the deep center console storage).

Unfortunately, putting in a service appointment through the app (on the same day I picked up) resulted in them sending me a tentative service order bill asking me for $350 (parts + labor) "Customer Pay" to replace the center console panel.

Is there some obvious thing I'm missing in order to get them to replace it for free? My tentative service appointment date is within 7 days of when I picked up.

I'm glad mine didn't have any glaring paint faults, though. I'm really happy with the car so far.