Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from the 25th and I've been hoping one of you other September orders would hear something soon. Sleeper with white might be real enticing.
Yeah I am not sure what Tesla’s strategy...lack there of...is with this!

and to top it all off, we will wait over two months in the dark when we were told 2 weeks initially...to not get the V10 update for 1-2 weeks post delivery it seems from other posts. Seems a pretty simple thing Tesla could do to appease slightly aggravated buyers

Current thinking is there is no difference in motors in LR/AWD and M3P. It’s all in the software.

Which leads to speculation: Will LR/AWD owners be offered a performance upgrade (for a price)? Similar to FSD, it’s a software push.
Untrue. The drive units are different part numbers. Has been pretty much proven with dozens of data points.

For what it’s worth I had a white/white performance ordered and called around today and found a white exterior/black interior stealth that I could pick up in a week.

i realllyyyy wanted the white interior but the advisor says the white interior is extremely rare for the stealth because Tesla wants something else to differentiate between performance/stealth models. Not sure if it’s True but that’s what was said. Excited to get a stealth but would’ve loved the white interior. Will be jealous if those with a white interior LR AWD down the road are offered a software upgrade but good luck!

For what it’s worth I had a white/white performance ordered and called around today and found a white exterior/black interior stealth that I could pick up in a week.

i realllyyyy wanted the white interior but the advisor says the white interior is extremely rare for the stealth because Tesla wants something else to differentiate between performance/stealth models. Not sure if it’s True but that’s what was said. Excited to get a stealth but would’ve loved the white interior. Will be jealous if those with a white interior LR AWD down the road are offered a software upgrade but good luck!
Yeah at that point you’re starting to get away from ‘stealth’ because it’s a premium interior that costs more. I know I haven’t seen any with the white interior. Anyone every heard of this?

the performance uses a more powerful rear inverter (800a vs 500a in the AWD)
the rear motors are also binned and given double the run-in

its not just software..I feel like people are posting misinformation about this topic daily

It's actually 600a for AWD rear. Front's are 600a on both. But peak kW delta between P and AWD is much higher in the front than in the rear (54 vs 26). This suggests that the software is artificially limiting it mostly in the front. And thus I find it hard to believe if the 200a higher current threshold of the P is actually necessary for 26 kW more current, especially when you consider the rear AWD is peaking at 220 kW and has the same 600a threshold as the front. My gut tells me that Tesla only raised the rear max current (assuming with the different inverter) to prepare for a future Ludicrous Mode upgrade for the P and that all current AWD's are atleast capable of current P level power.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
yea..but without a white interior option I will have to wait
..I have waited since september 29th..at this point id be dumb to take a sleeper

I feel the same. I’m there with you!! September 21!!! At this point I have given up on when I will get the car, I just wish Tesla had better communication rather than allow social media platforms to accurately and inaccurately update their customers

and just watch, this week there will be sleeper option with white interior!
Are you guys saying that you somehow ordered a white interior stealth? I don't mind waiting even if it's months as I'm in no particular rush (other than the tax rebate.. ugh). I wish they would stop this nonsense with special hoops to jump thru to get one and just let you g**d*mn order one on the website. I'd be down for a white on white -.

We visited the Devon PA store this Saturday, test drove a 3 LR and left with a Stealth, in white, though with 19s not 18s. There were none in white & 18s in the area, but they had several more in blue & red with 18s.... though many had been reserved at that point.

We went from test drive / no reservation to leaving with a white Stealth in ~4hrs time, charged to 305miles of range.

Took delivery of my stealth on Saturday! I switched my order from a LR AWD to an in stock unit. When I first called it wasn’t even in their system but the sales lady said she had seen it on the lot so she did some digging. It looked like they had a few more in white available. None with the 18” Aeros. They all had the 19s.

Attachments

• A3250478-D376-425D-B3B6-106D727374BE.jpeg
    A3250478-D376-425D-B3B6-106D727374BE.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 16EFBF9B-B17A-4658-8D47-131A40689806.jpeg
    16EFBF9B-B17A-4658-8D47-131A40689806.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: house9
How are you guys ordering these? Do you mean at the store? Do they just flash non-Ps to a P- or what? I am looking for a white on white, don't care if it has 19s or 18s (would prefer the cheaper 18s as they're coming off day 1 anyway).

you have to call stores in your area and ask if they have and stealths available. There’s been a bunch on the east coast lately

however, chances are you will not be able to find one with a white interior. I was told Tesla purposely only makes them with the black interiors for the most part